Carry on size, restrictions or recommendations?

TravelingCircusof5

Starting to actually think about packing. Thinking of carrying on our toiletries, shampoos, etc, medications, 2 bottles wine, and whatever random… It is stArting to add up. Can we carry on  (roll on) a small suitcase each? We are driving, so i do not have to worry about airplane rules. Thanks! 

You can carry that much on, but you don't need to. The only things you need to carry on are valuables and essentials that you'll need within your first few hours on the ship. Unless you're planning to shower and drink two bottles of wine before dinner the first night, the shampoo, toiletries, and wine can all go in checked bags.

Celebrity says it could take until 7 p.m. on embarkation day to receive checked bags, but mine have always been delivered hours before that.

8 minutes ago, RTR 21-0 said:

I usually bring my small travel size soap but I’m curious what the soap is like they put in the bathrooms.  Smell nice and lather well?  Other cruise lines we’ve been on I haven’t liked.  

It's a square bar with some stuff in it (like loofah pieces?). I don't think it lathers well as a result. I usually bring a soap pump like the ones from Bath and Body Works for the sink and a bar for the shower.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Carried_Away said:

You can carry that much on, but you don't need to. The only things you need to carry on are valuables and essentials that you'll need within your first few hours on the ship. Unless you're planning to shower and drink two bottles of wine before dinner the first night, the shampoo, toiletries, and wine can all go in checked bags.

Celebrity says it could take until 7 p.m. on embarkation day to receive checked bags, but mine have always been delivered hours before that.

You should always have at least on set of clothes, several prs undies, a pj, bathing suit, and meds in a carryon...in case something happens to your luggage. And things do happen, whether you are flying or driving.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RTR 21-0 said:

I usually bring my small travel size soap but I’m curious what the soap is like they put in the bathrooms.  Smell nice and lather well?  Other cruise lines we’ve been on I haven’t liked.  

revolutionized ships in aqua now have pump bottles for soap, shampoo, conditioner. I don't like them at all.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

You should always have at least on set of clothes, several prs undies, a pj, bathing suit, and meds in a carryon...in case something happens to your luggage.

You should always carry on your documents and valuables, and the rest all depends on what you really need. I don't wear PJs and don't use the public pools, but dance shoes and CPAP are hard requirements.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RTR 21-0 said:

I like to bring my own products - bar shampoo and conditioner, lovely bar of body soap as well as face soap.  Easy to pack and as we usually fly with carry on only, helps with liquids issue.  

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Carried_Away said:

You can carry that much on, but you don't need to. The only things you need to carry on are valuables and essentials that you'll need within your first few hours on the ship.

My family and I learned the hard way that this is bad advice.

16 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

From Celebrity website 

What is my luggage allowance?

The maximum luggage allowance for guests boarding our ships is 90kg per guest, (with the exception of Celebrity Xpedition Class), 

I've never seen a porter weigh our checked luggage before they toss them in the luggage bins. 

52 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

That would be a lot of cloths , 

I don’t think all my cloths would weight that much 

Sure but you could bring one bag with equipment, golf, scuba gear, rock climbing gear, etc and the other your normal stuff…Also they do have sailings that are 14+ nights long 

10 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Sure but you could bring one bag with equipment, golf, scuba gear, rock climbing gear, etc and the other your normal stuff…Also they do have sailings that are 14+ nights long 

90 kgs is almost 200 lbs , for 28 days sailing I will be at 23 kgs that included my size 14 shoes 😁