Muster Drill

PAHORNER

It is NOT outside by lifeboats! After you are checked in, yo can watch two quick videos on your device of choice (Celebrity app on phone, tablet or on stateroom TV). One is about emergency signals and one is about how to put on your life jacket.) Then you will have to drop by your muster station to check in. Your muster station will be on your Sea Pass card and on your app. No life jackets required!

• Like 1

FYI - the video on the app becomes available at some point the morning of your embarkation so you can watch it in your hotel or on the ride to the port. Then all that’s left on the ship is finding your muster station. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They have Virtual Safety Drills -- either direct on the App or TV.  When you complete you stop by your muster station and get a short briefing or not -  they scan your seapass and your done.    Less than 1-2 minutes

If using the App  - Click the Ship Icon -  Swipe Right - Choose Safety  -  It will show you your Assembly Station and if you click Find on Deck they show you a map of where it is.

mine is A4.  theater 

2E4D0C74-5FDF-4195-B557-7334D5F01566.thumb.png.b04a54aebc256087f9d5149cb70fe9c6.png

Edited by Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, WestLakeGirl said:

No.  You look at a video and then go to your muster station with your Seapass card in hand.  They check you in and you are done.  You can  Watch the video on your phone or in your state room.

Seapass not needed as they'll look up your room number and verify it's you by your photo.  We always get it over with in the very beginning

3 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

No.  You look at a video and then go to your muster station with your Seapass card in hand.  They check you in and you are done.  You can  Watch the video on your phone or in your state room.

Can we watch it prior to embarkation day on the app?

Just now, Cruisegirl6 said:

Not before embarkation day but at some point embarkation day morning (so you can do it before you board).  At some point that morning, their system will change so that it tracks whether you watch.  You will see a check mark once you have done each step.

1 minute ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

No.  

Just now, prmssk said:

Not before embarkation day but at some point embarkation day morning (so you can do it before you board).  At some point that morning, their system will change so that it tracks whether you watch.  You will see a check mark once you have done each step.

You also do need to physically visit your muster station.  Only takes a few minutes. 

Have not gone outside to stand by the lifeboats in many years.

• Like 2

Don’t put off going to check in at your Muster station.  The ship will not sail until all passengers have checked in at the Muster station.

Our last sailing there was a couple who they kept paging.  They were on the same deck as us and the Cabin Attendant was checking cabins looking for them.

1 hour ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

1 hour ago, prmssk said:

It’s noon EST they day prior; this is listed on the check-in section of the app

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

On equinox, at the muster station we were asked to show our seapass card and our boarding documents both. Bring them along with you just in case.

My direct experience, they may ask for the card but you simply say you boarded and wanted to take care of this first. They ask for your stateroom number and check your photo then you’re done.  Often, your muster station is on the deck you board

10 hours ago, prmssk said:

I have 2 videos already available in the app (2 weeks out). One is about the alarm blasts and getting to your muster station, the other is about life vests. So these aren’t the same as what’s available on embarkation?  And how do they know if I’ve watched the video?

21 minutes ago, travelloverontario said:

We do not sail for 2 weeks, but all the videos are now on my app under the safety icon, and they weren't a few days ago.

I did watch them all, but no 'green check' or anything, so my guess is I will need to watch them all again on embarkation day.

I’m seeing the same thing. I have watched them as well but not sure how they verify. 

8 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I'm pretty sure it is the day of.  On our last two cruises, I kept waiting for it to change to show it would track and the first time it happened about 9am EST the morning of embarkation (we were still in our hotel).  The second cruise was a bit later but it was still before our 11am EST check in time.

@travelloverontario and @Georgia_Peaches  It is the same videos but they aren't tracking whether you watch until the morning of embarkation.  That screen will look just a little different that morning and after you watch, you will get a check green check mark after each part (safety video, horn, and then checking into your muster station).

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, prmssk said:

That screen will look just a little different that morning and after you watch, you will get a check green check mark after each part (safety video, horn, and then checking into your muster station).

Ok makes sense. Another question.. can DH and I watch on my phone via the app or does he have to do so through his own app? 

4 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Ok makes sense. Another question.. can DH and I watch on my phone via the app or does he have to do so through his own app? 

I have been able to check off that both my husband and I watched the safety video from my app but for some reason the same doesn't happen with the horn audio.  So he usually opens his app to make sure he gets credit for that part.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, travelloverontario said:

What happens when one of us does not have the app?

I will have the app on my phone, but my adult daughter will not have the app.

It will be available on the TV in the room.  Or, they will give a "personal" briefing when you check in your room number with the crew members. 😊

11 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

You can watch them, but you won't get credit for doing so unless you watch them on embarkation day.  I discovered that right after they started doing this new sytem.

9 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

That is only for the health questionnaire, not for when you can get credit for watching the videos.

11 minutes ago, travelloverontario said:

What happens when one of us does not have the app?

I will have the app on my phone, but my adult daughter will not have the app.

The worst case is that you watch a crew member demonstrate how to put on a lifejacket when you go check in at your muster station.

2 hours ago, prmssk said:

I'm pretty sure it is the day of.  On our last two cruises, I kept waiting for it to change to show it would track and the first time it happened about 9am EST the morning of embarkation (we were still in our hotel).  The second cruise was a bit later but it was still before our 11am EST check in time.

@travelloverontario and @Georgia_Peaches  It is the same videos but they aren't tracking whether you watch until the morning of embarkation.  That screen will look just a little different that morning and after you watch, you will get a check green check mark after each part (safety video, horn, and then checking into your muster station).

30 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

That is only for the health questionnaire, not for when you can get credit for watching the videos.

I stand corrected; safety videos are the day of but you can do health questionnaire in advance

With the health questionnaire you can do it the day before, been this way for a long time…With an iPhone with X app’s notifications on, they send you a notification…Perhaps other phones as well

140C3A0E-5360-4BFA-9B01-A62FD8E2996B.jpeg

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

48 minutes ago, Texed said:

It will be available on the TV in the room.  Or, they will give a "personal" briefing when you check in your room number with the crew members. 😊

Correct.  For us, it's like our vacation hasn't officially started until after we get the muster out of the way...We board the ship and drag our carryons to the muster which is usually no more than a 90 second walk from where we board, get it over with and then the vacation begins