Once a day Cleaning Morning or Evening?

molly361

Once a day Room Service Morning or Evening?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Once a day service Which do you pick Morning or Evening

• Morning
    • Evening

7 hours ago, Spurschick said:

Dinner makes most sense as out of cabin for long enough to clean. 

Full disclaimer we stay suites so still get 2 services. If dd staying with us on sofa bed it’s an inconvenience if guest sleeping on sofa bed as one service basically eradicates the use of the sofa in the daytime if only one service.

Ypu know it takes about two minutes to put that bed away. Toss bedding in corner. Steward will put it back all nice and tidy at night

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wanna Be Retired said:

We normally make the bed as we leave in the morning just because years of doing it we don’t like a disheveled bed.  I was never concerned about my room being cleaned since we really are not in there long enough to leave a mess.  As long as I can replace my wet towels if we shower several times, I think I’m good.

Wisdom

I make my bed every day, every where 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

CC Member onboard B2B Royal Sailing now said started on there today and they got to choose AM or PM for this week. Now if they keep it that way who knows... Twice as much work, Nah. Shower twice day only have Clean it once, Trash can is half or Full still only change once, Vacuum once and they will only have Make Bed once. I'm always SOLO, typically only have Attendant do my Cabin at nite last 5yrs and then made my own bed anyway

They only clean alot of things once a day on 2 day cleanings.  You are correct that the trash is 1/2 full,  make bed once,  but it is the detail that suffers that can be caught in two visits,  hair in bathroom etc.  now when you add thr fact that you will miss days,  due to your schedule conflicting with theirs,  it really adds up,  dishes and cups everywhere,  wet towels,  trash full,   Again until you have done it,  it sounds like an OK idea.  Add to that the fact that you are still paying for

two visits.  They didnt cut the service charges in half.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, resetjet said:

They didnt cut the service charges in half.

Though it's unlikely the pay-in-advance gratuities will be reduced, if room attendant / steward visits and housekeeping services are reduced I'd likely leave less of an additional cash gratuity at cruise end.

• Like 2

I suspect that the room stewards will get the same amount as before and they'll use the money to pay non-customer facing people.   

I've been on the fence about dropping the pre-paid gratuities and bringing a bit more than that amount onboard for cash tips.  Still undecided but the once-a-day change makes cash tips a little better idea since they must be working even harder than before and not getting more money.   (Also to make sure my rooms aren't one of the ones skipped entirely)  

Edited by HappyTexan44
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HappyTexan44 said:

I suspect that the room stewards will get the same amount as before and they'll use the money to pay non-customer facing people.   

I've been on the fence about dropping the pre-paid gratuities and bringing a bit more than that amount onboard for cash tips.  Still undecided but the once-a-day change makes cash tips a little better idea since they must be working even harder than before and not getting more money.   (Also to make sure my rooms aren't one of the ones skipped entirely)  

Seems to me they'll get more money since they are getting more cabins to clean

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I know, maybe I can pick up a few Cabins myself, At least do my own Cabin for Credit kind of like Sweat Equity. Can you tell I'm building a new House? But I got the free time. And how about you, World Cruise think of the money you could rake in. 

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

I know, maybe I can pick up a few Cabins myself, At least do my own Cabin for Credit kind of like Sweat Equity. Can you tell I'm building a new House? But I got the free time. And how about you, World Cruise think of the money you could rake in. 

I'll make my fun money renting out the bunk room to wayward husbands 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, resetjet said:

They only clean alot of things once a day on 2 day cleanings.  You are correct that the trash is 1/2 full,  make bed once,  but it is the detail that suffers that can be caught in two visits,  hair in bathroom etc.  now when you add thr fact that you will miss days,  due to your schedule conflicting with theirs,  it really adds up,  dishes and cups everywhere,  wet towels,  trash full,   Again until you have done it,  it sounds like an OK idea.  Add to that the fact that you are still paying for

two visits.  They didnt cut the service charges in half.

Many (most?) hotels are going to cleaning every 4-5 days.  So I've done it.   It's been fine.

Dishes and cups?  Call room service and tell them you're done.

Wet towels?  I generally only shower once a day, and if you hang them up, they'll dry out.  If you ball them up and leave them on the floor, they'll stay damp.

Full trash?  How much are you generating in a day?  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Wisdom

I make my bed every day, every where 

I saw this posted awhile ago and I love it! I think I posted it on my FB page.  
I make the bed every day, always have, even when I was a small child.

I taught both my kids to make their beds and even how to change the sheets when they were only 5 or 6 years old.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Maybe I'm cynical, ok yes I am, but I'll be shocked if they didn't half the amount of tips that the stewards get from each cabin.  Royal's logic will be that they are doing the same amount of work (theoretically) as before.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Many (most?) hotels are going to cleaning every 4-5 days.  So I've done it.   It's been fine.

Dishes and cups?  Call room service and tell them you're done.

Wet towels?  I generally only shower once a day, and if you hang them up, they'll dry out.  If you ball them up and leave them on the floor, they'll stay damp.

Full trash?  How much are you generating in a day?  

Agree, hang dry and when towels to turn in I lay folded on floor shower. Cups plates all over Cabin, nope. When do have them they are all stacked on the small table. I'm lucky, travel Solo and dlong do B2B's or longer in same Cabin. By end first week Attendant knows my routine and needs. Service not needed in AM and usually first Cabin done PM

19 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Hoping first choice for cleaning time becomes a Pinnacle perk🤣

In the old days, Pinnacle members would be getting twice a day cleaning, same as suites.

And I can  see someone from  corporate reading your comment and having an “ah ha” moment and adding it to the benefit list. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Just off a B2B on Oasis and had our fab room steward sort room x2 a day. 

If we had to pick i would go for a morning slot. But dau would still want the towel animals.

Towel animals is a cruise tradition that may soon disappear. 

Replaced by those stupid ducks 😉

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Katems75 said:

How do you remove the automatic gratuities if you want to leave cash instead? once on board. 

Once on board, guest services can remove the gratuities to all the ship staff and crew. 
m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 2

Does anyone have info on how this works with kids in the room?

We usually have the sofa turned into a bed for the kids to sleep on,  at night with lots of pillows and blankets, and then turned back into the sofa so we have a place to sleep during the day.

Do you have to leave it a bed 24/7 now??

• Like 2