Aqua Class amenities questions

FlyingAnchor

Greetings all! 

For Aqua Class can anyone expand on what the following benefits entail: 

• Complimentary fitness classes What are the fitness classes and is there normally a charge for non-Aqua guests? 
  • Exclusive spa treatment package discounts What are the discounts and how do they compare to the Elite discount on spa services? 

Additionally, does the Aqua Class shower on Solstice class ships have additional spray shower heads or only the one shower head up above? 

Thanks! 

2 minutes ago, FlyingAnchor said:

Greetings all! 

• Complimentary fitness classes What are the fitness classes and is there normally a charge for non-Aqua guests? 
  • Exclusive spa treatment package discounts What are the discounts and how do they compare to the Elite discount on spa services? 

Additionally, does the Aqua Class shower on Solstice class ships have additional spray shower heads or only the one shower head up above? 

Thanks! 

There are shower heads on the wall on S-class ships in addition to the overhead one. Sorry, I no longer use the spa for treatments since I got tired of their non-stop sales pitches and I don't do fitness classes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Many shower heads yes.  The complementary heated tile loungers and steam rooms were nice, also access to the bow of the ship.  The biggest thing we enjoyed was Blu.  We really enjoyed the exclusivity (less crowded?) and the menu was wonderful.  Disclaimer - except the first night on both our B2B’s, but that is normal across the board.  If doing it again numerically, I would probably pay $500 each extra for aqua.

10 minutes ago, Scuppersisontheboat said:

Many shower heads yes.  The complementary heated tile loungers and steam rooms were nice, also access to the bow of the ship.  The biggest thing we enjoyed was Blu.  We really enjoyed the exclusivity (less crowded?) and the menu was wonderful.  Disclaimer - except the first night on both our B2B’s, but that is normal across the board.  If doing it again numerically, I would probably pay $500 each extra for aqua.

I dont eat lamb, veal and seafood, two evenings that is what is offered, is it possible I can ask for something that is served in the MDR on these evenings?

13 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I dont eat lamb, veal and seafood, two evenings that is what is offered, is it possible I can ask for something that is served in the MDR on these evenings?

Yes you can.  Or those might be nights when you will go to Normandie or Tuscan etc.  I’m with you on those - I’ll very rarely have lamb, never veal, only occasionally seafood.  You will always have a chicken choice too.  In Blu, I would have had no problem asking them for something different with a days notice.  They were all lovely.

Just now, Scuppersisontheboat said:

Yes you can.  Or those might be nights when you will go to Normandie or Tuscan etc.  I’m with you on those - I’ll very rarely have lamb, never veal, only occasionally seafood.  You will always have a chicken choice too.  In Blu, I would have had no problem asking them for something different with a days notice.  They were all lovely.

I don't eat lamb either yikes lol.  Chicken gets my stomach ill, I do believe its because chickens are given too many hormones/steroids, so I stay away from chicken unless its organic which doesn't bother me and I love and able to eat turkey, go figure....so, I will make sure I give them a days notice thank you so much.

8 minutes ago, Scuppersisontheboat said:

Oh, and we never used a reservation for dinner.  Just timed showing up about 10 min before the first show started, or 15 min before it let out.  Everybody and their dog goes to eat at 6:00, just don’t go then.

Blu doesn't take reservations (unless perhaps an exception for a large group).

5 minutes ago, Scuppersisontheboat said:

They will assign you a reservation time at time of booking the cruise, ours was 6:00 and we never used it.  

You can ignore it and go when you like

In our AQ sailings we've only received a suggested time for first night. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FlyingAnchor said:

Greetings all! 

Thanks! 

2 classes pp per cruise.  Yoga, HIIT, spin.  $20 non aqua.

I have no idea about the discounts as in 9 days I never got any info in my cabin.  I dont really like the spa treatments so I didn't pursue

Yes.  The cabin showers have a behind and back cleaner as well as above. 😁

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Scuppersisontheboat said:

Access to bow of the ship..can you elaborate?

Hi,

I'm interested in this too, as my husband and I are travelling Aqua this year. We have travelled Aqua before, but I think there have been changes since then. The bow of the ship - what can we access, that others can't? 

We stopped AQ long ago.  Found no real value for the additional fare.  You get access to the persian garden- which we did once for about 1/2 hour.  The aroma therapy in the room is so strong we had them remove it.  Blu was okay, but tables for two really like one long communal table.  The choices of food for dinner disappointing.  We now sail in suites, but if I were to sail in other cabins, would prefer a well located balcony cabin and dine in specialty restaurants for dinner.  Certainly worth a try if you haven't sailed in blu previously.

14 hours ago, Elgin8 said:

Hi,

I'm interested in this too, as my husband and I are travelling Aqua this year. We have travelled Aqua before, but I think there have been changes since then. The bow of the ship - what can we access, that others can't? 

Hi!  Ok, I had to look on the deck plan to make sure I was remembering correctly, and it’s not even shown.  Look at the Beyond plan on deck 14 you see the Sea Thermal suite that you have free access to with Aqua.  We only used it a couple of times but it is quite pleasant.  That area has full size windows facing the bow.  Port side, in the corridor of this Sea thermal suite there is a door leading directly outside to a nice area, a few hundred sq feet, directly in front of those windows.  I suspect people would use it for yoga if you bring a mat, there are no chairs and it is obviously windy, but it is a nice place to hang out leaning on the railing.

Again, we both really enjoyed Blu with the selection and quality of the menu.  We honestly couldn’t figure out why anyone would need to bother with ‘specialty’ dining when they had access to Blu.

7 hours ago, Scuppersisontheboat said:

Hi!  Ok, I had to look on the deck plan to make sure I was remembering correctly, and it’s not even shown.  Look at the Beyond plan on deck 14 you see the Sea Thermal suite that you have free access to with Aqua.  We only used it a couple of times but it is quite pleasant.  That area has full size windows facing the bow.  Port side, in the corridor of this Sea thermal suite there is a door leading directly outside to a nice area, a few hundred sq feet, directly in front of those windows.  I suspect people would use it for yoga if you bring a mat, there are no chairs and it is obviously windy, but it is a nice place to hang out leaning on the railing.

Again, we both really enjoyed Blu with the selection and quality of the menu.  We honestly couldn’t figure out why anyone would need to bother with ‘specialty’ dining when they had access to Blu.

Ok so we are referring to the newer ships and not the solstice class right ?

On 2/26/2023 at 3:34 PM, Scuppersisontheboat said:

They will assign you a reservation time at time of booking the cruise, ours was 6:00 and we never used it.  

That reservation time is a booking system error. Blu doesn't have reservations period. Unfortunately the error can be confusing for the uninitiated. 

On 2/27/2023 at 5:23 PM, Scuppersisontheboat said:

On our cruise last week in Beyond, there were generally only 3 entrees available in Blu.  On a couple of nights, nothing really appealed and we went to Specialty Restaurants or to one of the MDR.    The service was comparable but the quality of food was a big step above in my opinion.  

Blu menu Jan 18 on Beyond below, plus you could always order any of the Signatures from the other restaurants, just not their exclusives.  To each their own, overall we were just very impressed with Blu - there were a couple nights when we weren’t in the mood for what was on the menu, so we went elsewhere.

7F7B601A-D745-4063-B669-32FDFF923FFF.thumb.jpeg.8b0304544a06abd0584a64197e154def.jpeg

9 hours ago, kwokpot said:

That reservation time is a booking system error. Blu doesn't have reservations period. Unfortunately the error can be confusing for the uninitiated. 

Yep something like that.  The lovely Celebrity person making our booking said it defaults to that.  We went whenever we wanted, but outside of normal herd times.  Ideally as the early show started or 5 min before it let out.

On 2/26/2023 at 3:13 PM, Cruisegirl6 said:

I don't eat lamb either yikes lol.  Chicken gets my stomach ill, I do believe its because chickens are given too many hormones/steroids, so I stay away from chicken unless its organic which doesn't bother me and I love and able to eat turkey, go figure....so, I will make sure I give them a days notice thank you so much.

Have you ever tried a heritage Turkey?  You might like it.