Testing Positive for Covid Prior to Cruise

I understand that if you test positive for Covid within a few days prior to your cruise, you can get a FCC to the value of what you paid.   What I am wondering is what proof you need to show them as they require a verified positive test result in a form approved by them.   Obviously if you test positive at home it will be a RAT test.   Is this sufficient or do you need to go and get a verified PCR test somewhere as if you have Covid you really don't want to be going anywhere knowing you could pass it on.   Has anyone been in this situation and can let me know what RCL actually require as proof.   Thank you.

Edited by datone

This suggest a provider. I think you’d need actual documentation. I personally wouldn’t risk not having it documented by a medical provider. The policy is about to expire. I think after 4/30 you’ll need travel insurance to have it covered.

B7B8411E-D7CC-4F05-85F5-C6355BBE875D.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Denversail said:

The policy is about to expire. I think after 4/30

I think after 4/30 they won't need any testing at all.

But yes I would get a test by provider. After all what would stop them trying to say you faked the positive with lemon juice to try and game an angle with fcc and future price drops? Just asking that question.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, datone said:

I understand that if you test positive for Covid within a few days prior to your cruise, you can get a FCC to the value of what you paid.   What I am wondering is what proof you need to show them as they require a verified positive test result in a form approved by them.   Obviously if you test positive at home it will be a RAT test.   Is this sufficient or do you need to go and get a verified PCR test somewhere as if you have Covid you really don't want to be going anywhere knowing you could pass it on.   Has anyone been in this situation and can let me know what RCL actually require as proof.   Thank you.

Back in December I had to provide a picture of my positive home test with my ID in  it.  

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Denversail said:

This suggest a provider. I think you’d need actual documentation. I personally wouldn’t risk not having it documented by a medical provider. The policy is about to expire. I think after 4/30 you’ll need travel insurance to have it covered.

This just means after 4/30 people who test positive will be joining you onboard! Oh wait, that's already happening.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, robmtx said:

This just means after 4/30 people who test positive will be joining you onboard! Oh wait, that's already happening.

It sure is.  My daughter got Covid on a cruise.  Fortunately it wasn't too bad as she had her vaccines.

2 hours ago, robmtx said:

So you think they are getting rid of the test requirements for May 1st then? Would be nice to give notice of this and good notice of this before people buy tests who maybe don't need to?

9 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

So you think they are getting rid of the test requirements for May 1st then?

It may change but RC sent out a notice this week saying that testing is required for the May 2 Hawaii to Vancouver cruise. Doesn't make any sense, neither Hawaii or Canada requires a test to enter. 

19 hours ago, datone said:

...  Is this sufficient or do you need to go and get a verified PCR test somewhere as if you have Covid you really don't want to be going anywhere knowing you could pass it on.   Has anyone been in this situation and can let me know what RCL actually require as proof.   Thank you.

I would definitely get a verified test.  You don't have to expose other people, because many pharmacies allow people to swab themselves in the drive through while a pharmacy tech watches and then they test that swab.

I would not go by other people's experiences.  If Royal insists that you need a verified test and you didn't get one, you'll be screwed.  Why take a chance on that?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisegus said:

Who tests anymore?

Don't book anything that requires testing

Hard to do when some my Royal Sailings were Booked 560+ days out, some even longer. Requirements changed many times over that period. Had to Test few months ago on PC Cruise, other 3 legs of B4B not required

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruisegus said:

Who tests anymore?

Don't book anything that requires testing

Just fake the test download a CVS negative image and type it up on the computer with letterhead if they can 't be bothered to enforce proper testing rules. I have already done so since bloom labs closed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, D4 said:

If Royal insists that you need a verified test and you didn't get one, you'll be screwed.  Why take a chance on that?

Yet they don't need verifed test to board the ship? You can get a test strip from anywhere including a picture from google images. It is beyond a joke. You either enforce test or don't bother  with it?

8 hours ago, D4 said:

I would definitely get a verified test.  You don't have to expose other people, because many pharmacies allow people to swab themselves in the drive through while a pharmacy tech watches and then they test that swab.

I would not go by other people's experiences.  If Royal insists that you need a verified test and you didn't get one, you'll be screwed.  Why take a chance on that?

They don't insist.  If you call you will be told an at home test is fine and all they want to see is a positive test with a piece of your ID in the same picture.  Been don this road 3 times for clients since December

3 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Yet they don't need verifed test to board the ship? You can get a test strip from anywhere including a picture from google images. It is beyond a joke. You either enforce test or don't bother  with it?

Other than a few crossings and a couple of one off ports Royal has not required any testing to board their ships in quite a while

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Other than a few crossings and a couple of one off ports Royal has not required any testing to board their ships in quite a while

Aren't they still requiring testing for all cruises from Australia? That is where the OP is from.

• Like 2