Booked in Grand Suite but set sail pass has no "suite" listed. problem with Miami port suite checkin area?

My set sail pass does not have the word "suite" printed on it.  Will I have trouble entering the suite check in area in Port of Miami terminal?

I read that that's how the staffs at the entrance know you are entitling be there or not.

Any experience? Thank you!

8 minutes ago, neuro0 said:

My set sail pass does not have the word "suite" printed on it.  Will I have trouble entering the suite check in area in Port of Miami terminal?

I read that that's how the staffs at the entrance know you are entitling be there or not.

Someone else posted about this too and was told it is a new change.  They will scan your pass at the port and let you in the correct line.

edit:  here is the other thread discussing this.

Edited by reallyitsmema

So… we departed out of San Pedro.  Initially, our set sail pass said suite,

but then it changed.  People at the port were not going to let us board at the suite line…. They didn’t change their mind until I produced invoice and welcome email from suite concierge.

• Like 2

Just now, reallyitsmema said:

Someone else posted about this too and was told it is a new change.  They will scan your pass at the port and let you in the correct line.

I thought I read it was just an IT mistake and that it had been taken care of.

Regardless, I agree, the OP can have them scan their SetSail Pass and use the suite line.

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Sadly, at San Pedro, they scanned nothing.  I had to show them our invoice and concierge welcome email

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

but then it changed.  People at the port were not going to let us board at the suite line…. They didn’t change their mind until I produced invoice and welcome email from suite concierge.

What a hassle !!!!

Our suite line was jammed up with people using the Key.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1

I am boarding in Miami, hopefully they can scan it at the elevator entrance of the suite check in area. I just printed out my cruise summary just in case they cannot or would not scan my pass.

If this is a new change, there must be a standard way at entrance to distinguish who is eligible to enter the suite check in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, neuro0 said:

Ours was that way but under "Class" it said Sky which is one of the suite classes.  Point that out to them if there is any question. 

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

What a hassle !!!!

Our suite line was jammed up with people using the Key.

I hope whomever was monitoring the line was sending them away.  Key passengers should not be in the Suite queue. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Ours was that way but under "Class" it said Sky which is one of the suite classes.  Point that out to them if there is any question. 

I hope whomever was monitoring the line was sending them away.  Key passengers should not be in the Suite queue. 

The Key passengers were in the suite line in San Pedro boarding Navigator this past January. I believe I even saw the (Key) sign allowing them to be, which surprised me. I've never seen that before. Has that perk been extended to the Key now ? San Pedro terminal staff (we cruise out of there often) is very strict and by the book so it must have been allowed.

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

The Key passengers were in the suite line in San Pedro boarding Navigator this past January. I believe I even saw the (Key) sign allowing them to be, which surprised me. I've never seen that before. Has that perk been extended to the Key now ? San Pedro terminal staff (we cruise out of there often) is very strict and by the book so it must have been allowed.

We just went through that two weeks ago on the Navigator. You enter the terminal in the same line BUT when it comes to boarding they did call Suites first. 

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:

We just went through that two weeks ago on the Navigator. You enter the terminal in the same line BUT when it comes to boarding they did call Suites first. 

There was no calling...we just checked in and boarded at 11:30am.

13 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

It's me who posted about this and Royal telling me it's a new change....which I honestly don't believe. Your situation is exactly what I explained to them. I have been on enough sailings to know that they look at your set sail pass to see if it says suite or not. I find it very hard to believe that they are changing that to the more time consuming option of having someone actually scan your set sail pass to see. I expect that anyone without suite on their set sail pass is going to have the same experience as you. And my set sail pass used to also say suite as well as prime and that has all dropped off my set sail pass in the app now....I think it's a IT issue that has occurred after the recent Royal app update....not that it's a change.

Edited by bajathree

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

It's me who posted about this and Royal telling me it's a new change....which I honestly don't believe. Your situation is exactly what I explained to them. I have been on enough sailings to know that they look at your set sail pass to see if it says suite or not. I find it very hard to believe that they are changing that to the more time consuming option of having someone actually scan your set sail pass to see. I expect that anyone without suite on their set sail pass is going to have the same experience as you. And my set sail pass used to also say suite as well as prime and that has all dropped off my set sail pass in the app now....I think it's a IT issue that has occurred after the recent Royal app update....not that it's a change.

It was SO annoying!!!  At least I know to be prepared next time.  And, I am POSITIVE that that my app showed suite on it the day before, and it was a different color.  I remember being surprised when I opened the app on boarding day, and it looked different.

In the app or online, the Set Sail Pass no longer shows Sky Class.  I make a cruise notebook and do old-school and print out pretty much everything.  The printed version I have does have Category of Sky Class listed.  I forgot to take a screenshot and put in my digital wallet.  Luggage tags still show Suite and are red.

Our Set Sail Pass from January didn't have suite listed on it either, just Sky Class.  The color matched our Royal Tier level.  However, on the luggage tags, those do say Suite and are red.

7 minutes ago, Rusty_lock said:

OK, here’s a weird twist. When I add my set sail pass to my Apple wallet the suite status shows up. 

Here is the set sail pass in the app

A66AC8FB-A792-4573-8C78-BCCAC85CD105.thumb.jpeg.51e2c04a80726370482a371ecafd9227.jpeg

here it is added to the apple wallet. 28D6D333-A10F-470D-80A5-BF34902635DD.thumb.jpeg.5c4bab69982f08748c6f685bba33c680.jpeg