News on Silver Nova

John117

My DH and I had the pleasure to be on the preinaugural on Aug 10th til 13th. I´m writing an extense photo review but that´ll take some time. So here´s my DH´s video as a teaser 😉 - don´t worry although it´s starting with some talking in German the rest is just video (except for the end)

steamboats

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, steamboats said:

My DH and I had the pleasure to be on the preinaugural on Aug 10th til 13th. I´m writing an extense photo review but that´ll take some time. So here´s my DH´s video as a teaser 😉 - don´t worry although it´s starting with some talking in German the rest is just video (except for the end)

steamboats

Any chance you got a peek at the aft cabins, particularly the balconies?

21 minutes ago, tinaincc said:

Any chance you got a peek at the aft cabins, particularly the balconies?

Unfortunately there were only 3 cabins available for viewing and none of them was an aft one:

Silver Suite 6020

Signature Suite 7095

Medallion Suite 7054

steamboats 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, steamboats said:

steamboats

Thanks for sharing this - your husband's videography is excellent! Look forward to the full review. 

• Like 1

Silversea has posted its own 11 minute tour on its website.  At silversea.com, click on the top picture for Nova Itineraries or just go to the ship description and scroll down to the "Introducing Silver Nova" video.  There is also a one minute video on an email going out today from Barbara M.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sunprince said:

So what about posing videos made by a travel agent, with their agency name on the video?  Thought that was not allowed?

You are correct.  That's a different Guideline.  But it's getting harder to differentiate between travel agents who post video reviews of their comped cruises [not allowed] and 'influencers' who post video reviews of their comped cruises [allowed].  Please Report anything that you think violates a Guideline, and the Hosts/Admins will figure it out.  Thanks!

From the initial Pictures & Videos, The Nova looks beautiful and very different - it will take a little time for those who have known the old layout to get acquainted.

One aspect that immediately strikes is the huge number of Outside Seating areas which is great in good weather but what happens when sudden storms or Non Fair Weather Cruises take place - surely this will impact quite severely on such areas ? - Is the Marquee Restaurant actually protected from the elements ?

3 hours ago, Mayflower1 said:

From the initial Pictures & Videos, The Nova looks beautiful and very different - it will take a little time for those who have known the old layout to get acquainted.

One aspect that immediately strikes is the huge number of Outside Seating areas which is great in good weather but what happens when sudden storms or Non Fair Weather Cruises take place - surely this will impact quite severely on such areas ? - Is the Marquee Restaurant actually protected from the elements ?

i don’t think The Marquee is an indoor protected area per se.  Kind of a sidewalk cafe area with some overhead to break up direct sun for part of it and totally outside for the rest.  As for bad weather I guess that means the various indoor lounges take the load like they do on the rest of classic fleet.   

It appeared to me from the video that the Marquee has an uncovered seating area by the starboard rail (full sun), the partially covered "gazebo" area (lovely) and a completely covered area.  Smart!  I suspect that, just like on the current ships, there will be heaters hung from the roofed areas.  I have also been on cruises where they installed glass partitions to blunt the wind across the deck.

I suspect you are quite right Randy concerning the use of indoor Lounges in bad weather - from the initial Views they will be more than adequate.

My main concern was that there appear to be myriad Chairs/Setees etc outside with a lot of Cushions, all of which may be very susceptible to the vagaries of the weather. It all looks wonderful in perfect conditions but we all know that they dont always exist.

As for The Marquee as a Venue I wonder if it will ever serve a Zamponi Dinner such as we enjoyed on The Wind ?? - fond memories of Captain Pontillo.

6 hours ago, Mayflower1 said:

Is the Marquee Restaurant actually protected from the elements ?

There´s a totally unprotected area on the port side along the railing. The middle area has sort of a shade cover but rain may get through. On the starbord side there´s a covered area plus a couple of tables in the middle.

The Marquee was extremely popular on the pre inaugural. They do have a more healty breakfast. For lunch it´s pizza and burgers. Hot stone and pizza for dinner... (and more of course).

steamboats

43 minutes ago, steamboats said:

There´s a totally unprotected area on the port side along the railing. The middle area has sort of a shade cover but rain may get through. On the starbord side there´s a covered area plus a couple of tables in the middle.

The Marquee was extremely popular on the pre inaugural. They do have a more healty breakfast. For lunch it´s pizza and burgers. Hot stone and pizza for dinner... (and more of course).

steamboats

Interesting, what would some of the healthy breakfasts be (if you can recall)?

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Just for you, Lois 😉! The Rainbow Mosaic, Avocado Toast and Pumpkin Pancake plus the breakfast menu.

Forgot to mention that they do have bowls for lunch too.

steamboats

IMG_20230812_081717.jpg

IMG_20230812_075902.jpg

IMG_20230812_081646.jpg

IMG_20230812_081714.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

43 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Awww, thanks🙂beautiful photos and it all looks delicious! 

Indeed.   This could turn me into a new big breakfast eater on cruises (though of course the portions I would consume and the resultant weight gain would  defeat any  "healthy" features) 🙂

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lois R said:

Actually I eat a lot more breakfast on a cruise than at home.  Healthy?  Well at home better but on a cruise not so much.  🙄😬

I finished my first entry of my photo review with my not so good photos (sorry, all cell phone). Don´t worry about the German text - it´s a deck by deck description. Restaurants, bars, lounges get a separate entry (too many photos). You can also use any kind of automatic translation which usually works pretty well. There are a lot of more entries to come.

Enjoy!

steamboats

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, steamboats said:

And here are the good photos (those from DH) 😉. Sorry, I´m way behind. I haven´t started to sort my photos yet but I´ve been busy in DOJ since we´ve returned. Hopefully I get my first entry online by tomorrow.

steamboats

Lovely.  Some of the Nova features remind me of Hapag Lloyd ships (also related to Royal Caribbean ownership) , my favorite. Some Nova loungers face *out* to the sea, which I prefer to looking *in* to the pool. 

The thermal pool pictures look beautiful, but what is the temperature, if you know (in C is fine)?  I was disappointed on Celebrity when I tried the advertised  thermal pool that it was not warm, it was just a regular indoor pool.  

The jacuzzis on HL are disappointing in that they are only at 28 C, *not* a "hot" tub.  Hopefully the hot tubs on Nova are truly hot, i.e., above body temperature?

12 minutes ago, Catlover54 said:

The thermal pool pictures look beautiful, but what is the temperature, if you know (in C is fine)? 

Sorry, I can't help you with the temperature. I haven't had the time to try out the thermal pool or The Cliff Whirlpool. Although I had my bathing suit with me...

steamboats