Just had $50 onboard credit show up

NMTraveller

2 hours ago, patty1955 said:

$50 appeared on my account a few days ago. I have no idea where it came from.

Maybe another glitch in IT?
A few days ago people were complaining that they couldn’t book excursions.

There was a suggestion that the site was undergoing maintenance.

Edited by upwarduk

7 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I just had a $50 onboard credit show up in my account that I can spend for excursions, etc.  Any idea how or where this came from?  It was certainly unexpected.

If you hold multiple bookings, did this mysterious $50 OBC show up against only one of them or more? 

I just searched through our four bookings and they appear to be untouched by an extra $50 OBC. 

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

If you hold multiple bookings, did this mysterious $50 OBC show up against only one of them or more? 

I just searched through our four bookings and they appear to be untouched by an extra $50 OBC. 

I hold 4 future reservations. I’m only seeing the extra $50 on my Feb ‘24 Reflection cruise. 

We sometimes book with a TA that has a additional $50 OBC over and above the refundable OBC they offer based on cruise fare.

That $50 sometimes shows up in the Cruise Planner before we sail.  When it does show up it is non-refundable OBC.

We have one cruise booked in 2024--a 14 night Canal cruise (Summit).  No increase in OBC appears.  The OBC for the booking already was pretty high because we have a quad.

image.png.9e546f49d4220f67305a6c7f54c74cf7.png

3 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

We booked Feb. 22/23 for Nov. '23 with X agent;  just checked and we have an 'extra' $50US in OBC.  🤑

Does it declare itself as being extra?  Or do you just notice that your OBC went up by $50?

3 minutes ago, def0715 said:

Basic question, but where do you check your account? Are you logging into website and going to “manage booking”? Thanks.

"Plan my cruise"

image.thumb.png.e3d17bba1a1c51ca45ebefdc1345bc40.png

image.png.b1baaebb50766b1567fffc196d605f1c.png

Edited by mahdnc

19 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Does it declare itself as being extra?  Or do you just notice that your OBC went up by $50?

OBC on site page went up $50 US, but when I accessed the dining booking page, the $50 didn't show.  General message was that some OBC is for onboard only use....may be the reason why...or....it's a system glitch...again!

Edited by Oceangoer2
No extra OBC...looked at wrong item on site page...OOPS.
  • Like 1

I have two bookings and neither show an extra $50. However, last fall right after I had booked our first trip, I noticed that my OBC had doubled - it was supposed to be $600 but it showed up as $1200. Since I was new to Celebrity and it was shortly after booking, I thought maybe I had read the promo wrong and it was $600 for each passenger. A few days later, it reverted back to $600. I'm not sure what would have happened had I tried to spend the entire $1200.

This may be a similar glitch.

5 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Only one of the two.  My second booking is correct.  My friend who is booked on the same sailing, same category has the same amount as me.  I actually believe our overages are in excess of $50, but I told her I was going to shut up and not question the discrepancy.  But here I go. 

My booking confirmation received from TA upon booking in mid-June 2022 showed amenities under The Retreat including $100 per person Free Shore Excursion Credit and $100 per person Free Onboard Credit for a total of $400 from Celebrity.  I do not recall which promotion I booked during.  I thought I recall my account previously showing $400 OBC for this booking which makes sense since my TA OBC never shows up until I am on board.  Now my account shows $650???