Oasis of the Seas Live - We’ve been Saved by the Bell 🐾🐾 March 12-19, 2023. ​​​​​​​

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

…I wonder if it could be the way it is treated that reverse osmosis technique. Or whatever that fancy Mumbo could be. 

He got me the bottle of water. And I thanked him. 

Shortly there after he refills the glasses of water from carafe to the couple next to us  and goes in a loud voice. “Here’s some more salt free water.”

Sorry he was rude to you. He should have just given you the water and said nothing to anyone. Below is some info about reverse osmosis water.

I’m familiar with reverse osmosis water since we used to use it for our reef tank. We now use ro/di (Reverse Osmosis De-Ionizion) which is more pure than ro water. I still think it’s the salty food on the ship that causes cankles. They even salt the plain chicken. 🙄

“Reverse Osmosis Systems use a process that reverses the flow of water in a natural process of osmosis so that water passes from a more concentrated solution to a more dilute solution through a semi-permeable membrane. Pre- and post-filters are often incorporated along with the reverse osmosis membrane itself.

A reverse osmosis filter has a pore size of approximately 0.0001 micron.

Reverse Osmosis Systems have a very high effectiveness in removing protozoa (for example, Cryptosporidium, Giardia);

Reverse Osmosis Systems have a very high effectiveness in removing bacteria (for example, Campylobacter, Salmonella, Shigella, E. coli);

Reverse Osmosis Systems have a very high effectiveness in removing viruses (for example, Enteric, Hepatitis A, Norovirus, Rotavirus);

Reverse Osmosis Systems will remove common chemical contaminants (metal ions, aqueous salts), including sodium, chloride, copper, chromium, and lead; may reduce arsenic, fluoride, radium, sulfate, calcium, magnesium, potassium, nitrate, and phosphorous.”

• Like 2

A couple assorted photos from today. 

08265452-6C06-4201-9717-C14FA6D8E4C8.thumb.jpeg.49ddf0afcf4acb4636f5dd721b95d84e.jpeg

Jimmy didn’t get any of my money today.

7899E777-605B-4A68-A44D-3D450D109399.thumb.jpeg.a68dd44a85c0156d1ee6ef2b640e0bb7.jpeg

We had an older Celebrity ship beside us along with four other ships in port, over and above us. Just a normal day in Cozumel.

70328E01-5506-49CB-8A67-0D44CAAC16FD.thumb.jpeg.2e7f3356fa874728f883eb7471881c8b.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PompeySailor said:

Two lightweight afternoon offerings 

Just to add or cross off list 👍🏻
E2BDE684-B852-4A3C-A069-64DC19BA7D13.thumb.jpeg.f871cde279b5abbb7fcaf64999b5853d.jpeg

No shame in taking a break from the heavy and/or  sweet drinks.  Whenever I have the drink package - which is almost always - I usually go crazy the first couple of days, slow down mid-cruise before ramping up again towards the end of the week.

10 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Odds are not good, but it’s great fun trying 😎

Great attitude and I have faith in you! Plenty of time left!👍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

Ok then

Here are a couple and I will add to my list 

never had before and yummy 😋 

6C422F54-FE49-4F88-A30C-76229A175A65.thumb.jpeg.11ec5f4a53a91ebf511bc777f0233ef7.jpeg

E25DAC99-5CDE-40E6-930B-689161D65F99.thumb.jpeg.5c2d0103c7955cc55d25cd2e35b72461.jpeg

Between these and the peach daiquiris, Royal should start paying me a commission!  Glad you liked them, too.  I'm not one for drinks that taste "boozy" so I liked this one quite a bit. I normally have to order my drinks with "light alcohol" or completely virgin, but this one I can drink just the way it is.  

I don't think I saw the "Pretty N Pink" on your list, if you want to try another new drink.  Made with strawberry Beefeater, it kinda reminds me of a boozy strawberry lemonade.  (I do usually get this one "light booze" though.)  It's just light and refreshing. 

For people who want a taste of the Lime & Coconut drink but don't have the ingredients on hand, you can make a pretty close approximation with Malibu rum, pina colada mixer, grenadine, and lime juice.  

And yeah, it's gonna give your blood sugar a bit of a nudge!  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

Desserts were also excellent. But I’ve found the beef tenderloin in the MDR  to be better than the steak I had…

We had the same experience in November - steaks were underwhelming and were better in MDR

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LATTELOVE said:

Thank you for the info.

We've been to Mr Sanchoz  and Nachi lots of times,

but never tried Paradise beach before.  Got to try it

when in Mexico the next time.

Did you feel safe there this time??

I have never ever felt unsafe at Paradise Beach, been there several times.  Very similar to Nachi, just a bit busier.  But excellent, attentive service and really great food.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We got our new magnets today….I’m told this is as a result of the new once a day cleaning service…you are no longer “out catching thrills” or “sleeping off an adventure”

it’s one sided…you are “sleeping off an adventure” if it’s on your door. I guess the absence of a magnet on your door means you could be doing anything, could be in the cabin  - or not. I’m sure this update will make it easier for the staff to know when they can clean your room 🤦🏼‍♀️

On another note, I’m a pretty low maintenance person, but  they need to make this once a day cleaning somewhat predictable. For the last two days, our cabin steward cleaned in the morning. Thought I had the routine down. 

threw me a curveball today and hadn’t showed up. Had to call to get extra towels delivered. 

resorted to putting my C&A gift plates in the hallway because the day 1 cheese plate on day 4 has developed quite a fragrance. 

1B9551E3-626A-48B3-BEFB-8CE841A49F13.thumb.jpeg.a97df453caa0a67ef44aa04a87b36f9d.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

On our way back to the ship. Jose from January and Saul took great care of us. 

0C1D9B90-1ECE-4A03-B50D-246CF6CE8845.thumb.jpeg.b938a941eef9ba01994ec601389743bf.jpeg

On our way back to the ship with Mr and Mrs Sea Dog. 

91386427-1851-4AE8-A611-7436B551B871.thumb.jpeg.d17c02e01efd05fa983d6c054d09a8eb.jpeg

We had so much fun with you guys. Thank You!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Here’s some of our riding last night. The sports staff crew were great, giving some tips and guidance as needed and they let us ride for an extra 15 minutes over our hour. 

Owen’s riding has improved dramatically. 

Canadian experts!

No fair you can outdo us on snow AND on the water!

42 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’ve been eyeing up the flow rider line and if it gets a bit shorter I’ll join it. 

image.thumb.jpg.f6418bc9cff5906a68efc26a62b25f0f.jpg

Just need a fireman pole you can slide down from balcony to jump in line

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, marci22 said:

I'd just ignore it but I would not want him as my server again. And I wouldn't have explained why I wanted the water. I would just say, "I would like a bottle of water, thanks". 

For all we know that server is a hardcore anti plastic person trying to save the world from plastic waste.  He prob should have handled that situation better even if that was his issue though.

• Like 1