Oasis of the Seas Live - We’ve been Saved by the Bell 🐾🐾 March 12-19, 2023. ​​​​​​​

1 hour ago, PompeySailor said:

The Buzz Button Verbana is one of Queen Bee's most interesting drinks, originally found at the Chandelier Bar in the Cosmopolitan Hotel Las Vegas. It's a drink that makes your mouth go numb - yes, really - so it's NOT for the faint of heart.

I had a couple of those one night.  While not the worst drink I have ever had it was one of the things here I say "been there, done that, got the t-shirt, never again." 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

So I persued the lack of lobster tails on the CK menu. 
 The mature  D said that corporate is slowly implementing the new system of having the option to order off MDR menu and eating in CK. 
Not going to happen anymore. 

Sounds like something that needs to go into the post cruise feedback comments.  

26 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I also couldn’t get the MDR lobster in CK, only the poached. We took a bite or to and wouldn’t eat them. Something was off. They served 2 lobsters on each plate without asking for more than 1. That’s too bad because 4 lobsters went to waste. Ended up with the lamb.

What the he!! Is a poached lobster? We don't do such a thing in New England. Poaching here means you raided someone else's lobster traps.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 19

3 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I had a couple of those one night.  While not the worst drink I have ever had it was one of the things here I say "been there, done that, got the t-shirt, never again." 

Sounded like a novelty drink to me too 👍🏻

19 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

No picture as not on list and I have not tried one yet, but the night is young and adding it to the list and drinking it are eezy peezy.

Still waiting to see if anyone tried a 'Side Car' and if is going to be added to the list ! 

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Getting interesting in CK. 

I was told lobster tails are not going to be served in CK. Came from headquarters. 
Only the poached fabricated ones. 

The powers that be are meeting now. 

I cannot believe when I tried to order I was told only MDR would get. 

😔

Umm, I had one 😳 

20230317_205007.thumb.jpg.6e1ab4de727170654977f7f6615b4529.jpg

Laura had the lamb. Medium😪

20230317_205022.thumb.jpg.ebbb9bdda4540de25f27f2fd6a20a587.jpg

Chocolate bar is always good

20230317_205035.thumb.jpg.85fda33aad8f1089fc0e8549e43574a8.jpg

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What the he!! Is a poached lobster? We don't do such a thing in New England. Poaching here means you raided someone else's lobster traps.

Similar to sous vide 🤣🤣

You really need to watch some Food Network😉

• Haha 6

Interesting re: lobster (CK).  When we sat down our waiter said they were serving 2 types of lobster tonite:  broiled lobster tail or poached lobster.  I said I would prefer the broiled tail from the MDR and that’s what I got.  No discussion at all about not allowing the MDR lobster to be served in the CK. It was very small and a bit overdone but I was happy just to get it.

Last night I asked if it would be possible to have a lamb shank from the MDR served in the CK on the last night and was told “no”….so I wouldn’t have been surprised if they had not served the broiled tail in the CK tonite but they did.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LisaLisa87 said:

We're doing this same itinerary on Harmony in September, and I'm struggling with Costa Maya. We've never been, and I'm not sold on any of the beach clubs I've seen photos of so far. I think this place is new-ish (or maybe it changed ownership?), and I've seen some really good reviews. Anyone been or heard about it?

https://www.hayhubeach.com/

Based on distance, I'd plan on 45-60 minutes each way for transportation. 

I find it interesting that they say they meet you in the port.  "Your designated driver will be waiting for you at the pick up station in the port premises."  I'm not sure how they get away with that, since it's not sold through the ship or the port itself.  Every other excursion that is sold privately like this, you have to leave the port premises and walk down the street to meet your transportation.  

Have you ever looked into Maya Chan, or is that one of the beach clubs you've not liked the pictures of?

On 3/16/2023 at 4:23 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

I see the opposite happening with us.  I bet Sharon and the other couple will soon say.... hey, if we are cruising out Port Canaveral,  lets go to Disney either before or after the cruise!  The other couple still has annual passes. 

I actually see it working out that you'll do Disney before AND after the cruise!  LOL  

Looking forward to cruising with you guys again!

• Like 4

On 3/16/2023 at 9:16 AM, akcruz said:

Some have asked about the once a day house cleaning, not a fan but not as bad as I feared.  We originally asked for evening, told our attendant we had dinner at 7.  Her response I work from 4 to 7 so can't do that.  Have her coming in the mid morning then back at night to leave compass.

I have NEVER been on a Royal ship that didn't have evening service until 9pm!!!!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Based on distance, I'd plan on 45-60 minutes each way for transportation. 

Transport takes the inland highway (same as to Almaplena) and then an unmade road towards the coast to meet the highway to Maya Chan further south, so it doesn’t take quite  that long reportedly.

A recent poster said they were met outside the port.

Edited by c-leg5

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I’ve never poached one so I’m not sure how it’s cooked, but it’s not our favorite.

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Did Team 2 win Quest?  Inquiring mind(s) wants to know.

We lost but had a lot of fun.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Sea Dog Day 6 The Bella Cruise Video

Enjoy!!!

Greg, Thank you for all if your photos and videos.  I will have memories of this cruise captured, thanks to you, that I would not of had otherwise.  TY, TY, TY.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Transport takes the inland highway (same as to Almaplena) and then an unmade road towards the coast to meet the highway to Maya Chan further south, so it doesn’t take quite  that long reportedly.

A recent poster said they were met outside the port.

Which jives with local rules, but does NOT jive with what their website claims....