How to not automatically split OBC with cabin mates

Jeter02

Does anyone know if there is a way, if you're sharing a cabin with someone, where they won't automatically split all the OBC with everyone in the shared cabin prior to boarding? I hate when they atomically split OBC, when its suppose to go towards a particular person. If traveling with friends, its not like you can nicely tell them in an easy way that was meant for you. Becomes an uncomfortable situation. 

Hoping someone has had experience with that.

I don't know the answer.  Curious though, if two or more people are in a cabin, why would the OBC be meant for just one person?  I guess I could see it being fair if that one person were paying eveyone's fare.  But otherwise, I'm missing something.   

9 minutes ago, ldubs said:

I don't know the answer.  Curious though, if two or more people are in a cabin, why would the OBC be meant for just one person?  I guess I could see it being fair if that one person were paying eveyone's fare.  But otherwise, I'm missing something.   

It maybe they are referring to stock holders OBC or something else. Otherwise what kind of friends are we talking about 

13 minutes ago, ldubs said:

military obc, which i was planning on using towards an excursion. Use to have the issue back in the day when we got loyalty obc for example of $100, as well as loyalty obc i personally get from travel agent besides the regular obc for the travel agency company. 

Edited by Jeter02

I travel with a friend (not related).  I was the only one getting CCL stockholder OBC.  Could it be because we used separate credit cards and each had our own folio?

Not doubting you, but I've never had to share any OBC with my cabin mate.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

military obc, which i was planning on using towards an excursion. Use to have the issue back in the day when we got loyalty obc for example of $100, as well as loyalty obc i personally get from travel agent besides the regular obc for the travel agency company. 

I see.  It makes nothing but sense that a military OBC should be yours to use. While I'm not endorsing one way or the other,  I guess a strong argument could be made about not sharing the loyalty and TA OBC's.   Maybe talk to your TA.  

Edited by ldubs
  • Like 1

Different credit cards, I think that is the key. I travel in a cabin mostly with my Mom and  our charges  including OBC don’t mingle. We use different C Cards  

Edited by Jadn13
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Different credit cards, I think that is the key. I travel in a cabin mostly with my Mom and  our charges  including OBC don’t mingle. We use different C Cards  

22 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I travel with a friend (not related).  I was the only one getting CCL stockholder OBC.  Could it be because we used separate credit cards and each had our own folio?

Not doubting you, but I've never had to share any OBC with my cabin mate.

Ok. Good to Know! I hope that is the case with different credit cards. Trying to remember in the past if I had just put everything on my card or not. Its been a while since I have last shared a cabin with someone.

I don't think it will be a problem anymore. These days my OBC and my wife's OBC seem to be completely separate. If I try to book excursions they don't apply all the OBC to the bookings but only count "her" OBC toward her excursion and "my" OBC to my excursion so they end up wanting me to pay with a credit card for the "extra" part of her excursion that isn't covered by "her" OBC.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I don't think it will be a problem anymore. These days my OBC and my wife's OBC seem to be completely separate. If I try to book excursions they don't apply all the OBC to the bookings but only count "her" OBC toward her excursion and "my" OBC to my excursion so they end up wanting me to pay with a credit card for the "extra" part of her excursion that isn't covered by "her" OBC.

Hmmmmmm

Not experienced that difficulty

May I ask is the credit card on file for that cruise the same for each of you?

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

That’s how it works pre cruise, but once you are on board if you share a credit card both of the folio obc and charges will net together at the end. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, that said:

Hmmmmmm

In this case we will be using seperate cards, but in the past when i have cruised with friends and we did use separate cards, my friends have always gotten half of my OBC.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jeter02 said:

In this case we will be using seperate cards, but in the past when i have cruised with friends and we did use separate cards, my friends have always gotten half of my OBC.

Hmmmmm

1 minute ago, Jeter02 said:

I wouldn’t be happy either. 

Recently we have gone to passenger services desk and asked for our accounts to be linked (to use one card). Prior we had both put in separate methods of payment and ended up with one of us having left over OBC while the other person owed money. Got that worked out now.

4 minutes ago, triple7tahoe said:

Recently we have gone to passenger services desk and asked for our accounts to be linked (to use one card). Prior we had both put in separate methods of payment and ended up with one of us having left over OBC while the other person owed money. Got that worked out now.

job well done

17 minutes ago, Thrak said:

That happened to us also but went to GS and they solved it by taking off one of the credit cards. Once you only have one credit card on folio then it is treated like one account.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, that said:

Hmmmmmm

Yes. We always just use one card.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LouCoop said:

That happened to us also but went to GS and they solved it by taking off one of the credit cards. Once you only have one credit card on folio then it is treated like one account.

I was talking about booking pre-cruise. Sorry for the confusion.

32 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Hmmmmmm

Sometimes a promo rate will include a certain amount of OBC and that would be per cabin, divided between the first two occupants.  But anything that you earned, such as military or shareholder, would all stay with you.  EM

• Like 6

The Carnival Corp Shareholder Benefit states: "Only one onboard credit per shareholder-occupied stateroom."  It has in my case always been applied to my name, as that is first on the share certificate.

If the 2 occupants of the cabin don't have linked accounts, then the benefit should only apply to the one shareholder.

I have no idea what happens if both occupants in unlinked accounts are eligible for the benefit.

The military benefit is "applied to the folio of the veteran or active duty personnel's stateroom"  and  "is valid for a maximum of two military personnel per booking."  Again, if accounts aren't linked the benefit should not show as being shared.