Crystal Announces Launch of Exceptional Initiative Guests who Lost Money Under Crystal Cruises’ Former Ownership Can Apply

Keith1010

35 minutes ago, AtA said:

Does that mean we get an additional $500 credit and does that mean it's applied retroactively?

I assume that is going to be per room.not per person( solo traveler here),and of course new bookings only not retroactive as that would not increase their revenue at all...

I didn’t get that email but I got a cruise-specific one on Symphony, Rome to Venice in Sept. When it said, over nine dining options, I couldn’t remember them all, but when I clicked for more info, I saw that it looks like they’re updating the chairs in Bistro and other places. I was happy to see Ben & Jerry’s listed by name, and Umi Uma and Nobu.

It’s actually a nice itinerary, some old and some new ports for us, but the dates won’t work for us.

Edited by May B

6 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Why don’t you try doing it and see if it works?!

I can’t as I don’t have any certificates

So you do or don’t agree that what I’ve said would work? 

No certificates for me either as we got all our money back from old Crystal - but I have friends with them and we may just do that although I have not desire to book more Crystal cruises than I already have done

I wonder if they’ll announce their 2025 schedule before the July deadline for this offer rolls over? 

My point was simply that your assertion that it wouldn’t be possible is likely incorrect 

26 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

They will.

Before July 1.

That’s why I raised it

No surprise there

It makes sense as the other luxury lines are releasing their schedules so if Crystal don’t then it will be another window missed as people make commitments on other lines for their 2025 plans. Many of us have long since filled up our 2024 schedule with cruises and other travel

• Thanks 1

On 3/25/2023 at 2:07 PM, hypercafe said:

.………..They have a whole new ship and shore side staff that has never worked together under the new company…………………

I would like to point out one positive perspective, if I may.  NC will not be starting w/ an all new shipboard/shoreside staff.  A hefty percentage of the onboard staff & crew will be coming back.  And after a long conversation this afternoon w/ my OC shoreside cruise consultant, I also learned that a lot (exact % unknown) of the off sales staff have already returned. We’ll never know what incentives the crew might have been promised for their returning.  But their supposed loyalty speaks volumes to me.  They were abruptly let go; & had to scramble to find comparable employment.  Yet they seem to be eager to rejoin the OC crew family.  Maybe they were not appreciated enough or adequately rewarded financially at their new posts.  For me, those friendly faces & their impeccable service were much more important to some, than their supposed old vessels.  The fact that these ships are the perfect size, layout & level of comfort (IMHO), I’ll take those old sisters any day over almost any new build.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

So you do or don’t agree that what I’ve said would work? 

No certificates for me either as we got all our money back from old Crystal - but I have friends with them and we may just do that although I have not desire to book more Crystal cruises than I already have done

I wonder if they’ll announce their 2025 schedule before the July deadline for this offer rolls over? 

My point was simply that your assertion that it wouldn’t be possible is likely incorrect 

I'll stay with my original position. Why would Crystal allow people to "game" the program? I'm sure someone will "test" it and let us know.

• Like 2

On 4/6/2023 at 7:02 PM, goldengatecruisers said:

Becky!!!  I am so happy to see you post.  It has been quite a while since I have seen your comments and I thought possibly you had left the CC community.   I hope you are well and enjoying life.  I know we will cross paths again on a future Crystal voyage.

Ashley

Hey Ashley, how you guys doin’?  Nice to see you & MayB & Keith.  I have been off CC for a good while.  Life had gotten quite hectic; starting to ease up a bit.  Still cruising; just not often enough.  So excited & hopeful that I will get the chance to reconnect w/ OLD Crystal friends. 

• Like 3

Feeling dissed!

Per my TA, Crystal has me down for two Exceptional certificates. Maybe this should please me, but I didn't book two separate cruises for myself. I booked one cruise for my wife and  me. I think I/we're entitled to a single certificate equal to the sum of the singles.

Any thoughts?

Jeff

Edited by Stereojeff

1 minute ago, Stereojeff said:

I think I/we're entitled to a single certificate equal to the sum of the singles.

If you booked seperate cabins each then yes - but otherwise it’s one certificate per cabin for double occupancy and you get the discount on the booking and both occupants get an OBC - they won’t allow you to double dip on those benefits for a single booking 

Just book another cruise 😂

5 hours ago, Stereojeff said:

Feeling dissed!

Per my TA, Crystal has me down for two Exceptional certificates. Maybe this should please me, but I didn't book two separate cruises for myself. I booked one cruise for my wife and  me. I think I/we're entitled to a single certificate equal to the sum of the singles.

Any thoughts?

Jeff

I agree, with Stickamn.  If it is one cruise that you originally are owed money for and it was for two people then you should receive one certificate and not two.  Let me add by saying If it is one cruise with double occupancy where you are owed money then have the TA go back to Crystal to find out why you are not getting one certificate instead of two.  I'm actually surprised you were not contacted directly assuming you filled in the exceptional incentive form with your contact information.  Regardless, better at this point to get the TA to followup for you.

The one certificate provides a 20% credit for each of five cruises it is applied to.  

Keith

I received the e-mail from the NC. I have read all the postings here.  

I want to clarify a few basic questions in my mind, and appreciate any responses. TIA.

1) If B2B cruises count as one incentive, would it be reasonable to assume that I could use 2 incentives if I were to go on 1st cruise, get off at end of 1st cruise, and then wait to go again on a 2nd cruise after the ship departs and returns a few days (weeks, or months) later? 

2) I assume if I don't make the 1st initial reservation by July 1, 2023 for any cruise,  I will lose all 5 incentives?

3) The July 1st booking deadline is only the "book-by-date", and therefore has no connection to the actual sail-date, which could be in 2024 or 2025.

I am not sure if I can use all 5 incentives, but it's definitely worth looking into. 

On 4/6/2023 at 4:33 PM, Keith1010 said:

They will.

Before July 1.

I hope that you're right about this.  We were booked on the 2023 WC, and would definitely be interested in the same itinerary.  We've already booked with other cruise lines for 2024, and are looking at options for 2025, but haven't put any deposits down, because we'd like to see if Crystal comes up with an itinerary similar to the 2023 WC.  Obviously, we can't wait that much longer to book for 2025, if we want to secure preferred cabin, and take advantage of the currently offered booking incentives.  If you have any "inside information" on when 2025 itineraries will be released, please post!  Thank you.

46 minutes ago, Funatabi said:

I received the e-mail from the NC. I have read all the postings here.  

I want to clarify a few basic questions in my mind, and appreciate any responses. TIA.

1) If B2B cruises count as one incentive, would it be reasonable to assume that I could use 2 incentives if I were to go on 1st cruise, get off at end of 1st cruise, and then wait to go again on a 2nd cruise after the ship departs and returns a few days (weeks, or months) later? 

2) I assume if I don't make the 1st initial reservation by July 1, 2023 for any cruise,  I will lose all 5 incentives?

3) The July 1st booking deadline is only the "book-by-date", and therefore has no connection to the actual sail-date, which could be in 2024 or 2025.

I am not sure if I can use all 5 incentives, but it's definitely worth looking into. 

1. If you go on one cruise get off and return on a cruise after the next one starts and ends that is two different cruises. Voucher is good for five different cruises (20% value per cruise)

2.  Yes.

3.  Yes by July 1 is for any cruise through CYE 2025. Right now cruise thru 2024 are published.

Keith

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, meg1021 said:

I hope that you're right about this.  We were booked on the 2023 WC, and would definitely be interested in the same itinerary.  We've already booked with other cruise lines for 2024, and are looking at options for 2025, but haven't put any deposits down, because we'd like to see if Crystal comes up with an itinerary similar to the 2023 WC.  Obviously, we can't wait that much longer to book for 2025, if we want to secure preferred cabin, and take advantage of the currently offered booking incentives.  If you have any "inside information" on when 2025 itineraries will be released, please post!  Thank you.

By July 1 is what I was told by the person who for sure would know. This was not me guessing.

Keith

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

1. If you go on one cruise get off and return on a cruise after the next one starts and ends that is two different cruises. Voucher is good for five different cruises (20% value per cruise)

2.  Yes.

3.  Yes by July 1 is for any cruise through CYE 2025. Right now cruise thru 2024 are published.

Keith

Thanks, Keith, for the very prompt reply and solid answers. I assumed the same, but wanted to be double check my understanding. Based on this, I can plan how to fit in this offer into future cruises. I will keep an eye on this topic and your valuable input. 

2 hours ago, Funatabi said:

Thanks, Keith, for the very prompt reply and solid answers. I assumed the same, but wanted to be double check my understanding. Based on this, I can plan how to fit in this offer into future cruises. I will keep an eye on this topic and your valuable input. 

You are very welcome.

Keith

Reporting back: Earlier I reported that A&K had issued two Exceptional Certificates for a single stateroom booked and lost on Serenity. After appealing to Crystal, they have now agreed and issued a single certificate equal to the sum of the singles.

For anyone who may  need it, the supporting email came from: exceptionalinitiative at crystalcruises dot com

• Like 1

Very happy about this Exceptional Incentive Program. It was clearly unexpected, we have now received the voucher and it is being put to good use.

Voucher information released to our TA and also sent to us so we are aware. Voucher not only lists the amount of credits but provides a nice summary of our bookings.

Keith

I wonder what percentage of those cruisers who lost money are actually taking advantage of the program. Of course, if you were booking crystal anyway it’s a no brainer and an unexpected gift 

among my cruising group no one is using the vouchers. The math doesn’t work. 5 cruises doesn’t work. Other luxury lines are calling 

it is clear nc did this to get back some of the loyal oc cruisers who lost money and thereby increase bookings. Wonder if it’s working as intended 

• Like 1