Edge Villa move up questions

Juni2106

We've just had notification that our move up bid on the Edge Transatlatic 4/17 has been successful and we are moving from a concierge cabin to an Edge Villa, we had the all included package so appreciate that our wi-fi and drinks package will remain as classic, but I need to double check what actually is included.

I know this question has been asked before but I don't want to do anything rash and cancel any extras that I've paid for if they aren't included.

Also they took a payment that was slightly higher (£63.84) than the actual bid value, does anyone know what tis is for, is it to cover the higher gratuity level?

Thank you for any info

Wow!  You will love the edge villa!  The views are unbelievable and the rooms are super pretty. 

you will have two bottles of your choice of alcohol in the cabin, as well as water, beers and soft drinks in the cabin. The retreat lounge and retreat bar are close to you. You will have all

of the restaurants included. I don’t know for sure about the tips, but I think it is correct that is for the difference in gratuities. 

I think you will go to the Premium beverage package because that is an amenity of the cabin, along with the bar setup, laundry, specialty restaurants.  I love the Villa and hope you have a great cruise.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JFontaine said:

I think you will go to the Premium beverage package because that is an amenity of the cabin, along with the bar setup, laundry, specialty restaurants.  I love the Villa and hope you have a great cruise.  

With a move up you keep whatever perks your original booking had ( drink package, WiFi, etc) you don’t get that upgrade. What you do get are the room amenities, in this case, access to all of the Retreat areas, bar setup and speciality dining. 

Everyone -Thank you so much for your help

Does anyone know if the Magic Carpet is included as a speciality restaurant? I've booked and paid already but obviously I'll cancel for a refund and get the butler to book it if it is, if it isn't I'll keep the reservation as it is

thanks again

When we did the same (from aqua), we were not offered the the magic carpet, which makes me think it is not included, but we didn't explicitly ask, so if I was you I would keep your reservation but ask shoreside concierge (if they get in touch)/ your butler (otherwise).

Also, our drinks and WiFi were upgraded to premium. We didn't use the laundry, but we got all of our evening attire pressed, which felt like a treat.

The cabin is incredible, it was so sad to go back to aqua class for our most recent cruise, have a great time!

11 hours ago, wynnne said:

When we did the same (from aqua), we were not offered the the magic carpet, which makes me think it is not included, but we didn't explicitly ask, so if I was you I would keep your reservation but ask shoreside concierge (if they get in touch)/ your butler (otherwise).

Also, our drinks and WiFi were upgraded to premium. We didn't use the laundry, but we got all of our evening attire pressed, which felt like a treat.

The cabin is incredible, it was so sad to go back to aqua class for our most recent cruise, have a great time!

Thanks

That's interesting about the drink & wifi package upgrade, I guess we will have to expect the classic and if we get them upgraded then it's a bonus, out of interest how did you find out they were upgraded?

I am so beyond excited, it's our first cruise and we feel so lucky to have got the upgrade, the original pricing was out of our comfort zone but we've ended up paying less than half of the current rate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Juni2106 said:

Thanks

That's interesting about the drink & wifi package upgrade, I guess we will have to expect the classic and if we get them upgraded then it's a bonus, out of interest how did you find out they were upgraded?

I am so beyond excited, it's our first cruise and we feel so lucky to have got the upgrade, the original pricing was out of our comfort zone but we've ended up paying less than half of the current rate.

Premium drinks (and WiFi and grats) are not amenities of the cabin. But you will know as soon as you check in. There is a frequent occurrence of something happening in error that no one ever posts about. 

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Premium drinks (and WiFi and grats) are not amenities of the cabin. But you will know as soon as you check in. There is a frequent occurrence of something happening in error that no one ever posts about. 

Some time ago, the Premium Drink Package and the WiFi were listed as amenities of R.S. and above.

Now, it is not listed. Therefore I know it is not technically an amenity of the Edge Villa.  Since the Indulge Package is a regular perk associated with all suite levels (except those won via the Move Up bidding process), I am not convinced that it is not just an oversight on the list of amenities.

The Edge Villa has a bar set up, which can include two bottles of liquor.  They can be Premium or even above  Premium bottles. The Retreat lounge is just a few steps away and one can order anything they wish.  It would seem kind of silly not to have the premium package.

It will be marked in your card.  When I won my Edge Villa move up bid, I already had the indulge package, so my experience is not relevant.

Has anyone booked with just the AI before winning a move up bid for a RS and above not received the Premium Drink package?  Or four device wifi?

There are  probably not very many people who win Move Up bids to an upper level suite from a non suite category, but it obviously happens.

OP, it is certainly possible, but not guaranteed.  Order your bottles from the Premium and above levels.  Good luck.

16 hours ago, Juni2106 said:

Thanks

For drinks, the stateroom card says the drinks package, and for WiFi, we could do stuff which is normally blocked. This was August last year though so it might have changed.

Also as stated above, anyone with retreat access can get premium drinks from the retreat lounge, and the Edge Villas are so close its basically a private bar. We barely touched our two bottles of liqour, we found we always wanted something else and just went to the retreat. 

12 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Has anyone booked with just the AI before winning a move up bid for a RS and above not received the Premium Drink package?  Or four device wifi?

We booked the Edge Villa a year ago with AI, and 4 device WiFi, daily specialty dining, the thermal suite, the Retreat, a large OBC (good for Sake bottles etc😉) and of course the premium drinks package were included. But I don't know if it is the same for a Move up. 🤔

To OP: the Villa ist fabulous for a TA Crossing! We wish you lots of fun! 😎

• 2 months later...
On 3/25/2023 at 2:48 PM, Jeremiah1212 said:

They are definitely listed as amenities of the cabin at this level.  Gratuities are not they are a booking perk.   Granted this document has an older date on it but RS and above has historically had PBP and Wifi as amenities like laundry and bar setup.

https://www.celebritycorporatekit.com/content/uploads/2019/06/2019-20_Stateroom-Details-Edge-Class.pdf

Sorry I  didn't read all the way down where someone posted the details of the Moveup disclaimer which does state they would get the all-in amenities.

Edited by wrk2cruise

If you were to win a "Move Up" from Concierge/Veranda to Aqua Class, would you get dining in Blu and free access to the Spa.?  I assume you wouldn't get the all-inclusive package if you didn't have it for your current booking.

If you would  be so kind what was the bid you placed for the move up?   Thanks 

Darn I just realized that you already sailed.   That is the problem when someone reactivates a old thread

How was your cruise?   Was it worth the move up?  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched