Disembarking in Seattle

My family is taking a cruise to Alaska in August.  Disembarkation is at 7:00 am on a Monday in Seattle.  I am trying to decide on a return flight. I have the option to book a flight that leaves at 11:25 am.  I’m worried that’s cutting it very close.  Does anyone have experience with the disembarkation process in Seattle withRoyal Caribbean that can give some  insight on the time I can expect to clear the terminal?  

8 minutes ago, blevine1972 said:

My family is taking a cruise to Alaska in August.  Disembarkation is at 7:00 am on a Monday in Seattle.  I am trying to decide on a return flight. I have the option to book a flight that leaves at 11:25 am.  I’m worried that’s cutting it very close.  Does anyone have experience with the disembarkation process in Seattle withRoyal Caribbean that can give some  insight on the time I can expect to clear the terminal?  

Last July we were at the airport by 9:30 in the morning.  We left the ship about 8.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blevine1972 said:

You should be fine.

* If there's more than 1 ship disembarking at Pier 91, it could get hectic.

* Sea-Tac is about 30 minutes depending on traffic.

* There will be taxis lined up for passengers. There's a designated spot for Uber...a 5-minute walk or you can use the free shuttle.

* The TSA security line at Sea-Tac, (our experience), has beennotoriously long.

* There also Port Valet available at Pier 91. An incredibly convenient service (free when we used it)...we completed the form onboard, placed our luggages outside our cabin the night before disembarkation...our luggages were checked in and saw it at our home airport. Note: Your flight must be after 12pm (noon) to use this program.

Happy sailing!

* Calling on Ferry_Watcher and Cruzndeb for additional information.

We were there last May. While Seattle is not as organized as the FL ports, the people are very nice (nicest people I’ve ever dealt with in a port city — everywhere we went), and there is assistance if you need it.  We walked off with luggage, used the same car service we used during our stay in Seattle. We stayed overnight after the cruise, but were at the airport to pick our rental car up at 8:30.  And that was with two seniors that needed assistance.   We were told, by those working at the airport, that on turnaround day for cruises, the security lines get hectic by mid-morning.  We will walk off next time if our flight is late morning, early afternoon.

1 hour ago, barbeyg said:

We were there last May. While Seattle is not as organized as the FL ports, the people are very nice (nicest people I’ve ever dealt with in a port city — everywhere we went), and there is assistance if you need it.  We walked off with luggage, used the same car service we used during our stay in Seattle. We stayed overnight after the cruise, but were at the airport to pick our rental car up at 8:30.  And that was with two seniors that needed assistance.   We were told, by those working at the airport, that on turnaround day for cruises, the security lines get hectic by mid-morning.  We will walk off next time if our flight is late morning, early afternoon.

May I ask what car service you used? We are a family of 4 and I think a car service might be our best bet.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, woostercruise said:

May I ask what car service you used? We are a family of 4 and I think a car service might be our best bet.

We used these guys from the airport to our rental, then to take us to the port, and return us to the airport.  All three times, all the drivers were professional and timely, and very polite.  The driver went above and beyond when we arrived in Seattle, and both my sister and aunt needed wheelchairs to get to the parking garage.  They could walk, but not long distances.   We will use them again when we return to Seattle.  I thought they were reasonably priced since we had 4 large pieces of luggage and four small pieces from and to the airport. 

https://www.srtclimo.com/

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 1

Depending on your timing requirements, I second the luggage valet idea.  We put the bags outside the stateroom door on the ship the last night and the next time we saw them was on the baggage claim in Tucson.  And to top it off, the service is free.  

Since our flight was later in the day we took an Uber downtown, explored the sights, had lunch, then took the light rail to the airport.  All with no worries about our luggage.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mil76 said:

Depending on your timing requirements, I second the luggage valet idea.  We put the bags outside the stateroom door on the ship the last night and the next time we saw them was on the baggage claim in Tucson…

Only bad part is you live in Kentucky. 😇

• Haha 2

I’m assuming you’re on Quantum, since you said you arrive on a Monday. There are no other ships that day at Pier 91, so that’s a plus. You will be going against rush hour traffic to the airport. If you have TSA PreCheck, that also helps. I have included a link to Seatac TSA Spot Saver. Check it out and see if it might work for you. You shouldn’t have an issue with your flight time.

https://www.portseattle.org/SEAspotsaver

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I’m assuming you’re on Quantum, since you said you arrive on a Monday. There are no other ships that day at Pier 91, so that’s a plus. You will be going against rush hour traffic to the airport. If you have TSA PreCheck, that also helps. I have included a link to Seatac TSA Spot Saver. Check it out and see if it might work for you. You shouldn’t have an issue with your flight time.

https://www.portseattle.org/SEAspotsaver

@crzndeb  - my flight isn't until 10:55 P.M.  Even if I use luggage valet, I'll still have a small bag.  What the heck should I do all day?????

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

@crzndeb  - my flight isn't until 10:55 P.M.  Even if I use luggage valet, I'll still have a small bag.  What the heck should I do all day?????

You need a tour guide? I’m home in August if you need a tour, and drop off at airport. You can even chill at my place for a few hours. 

Edited by crzndeb

10 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

You are an angel.  But it's May 14.

Oh well darn…I’m on Ovation until the 19th of May. Check dayuse dot com, and see if there are any hotels that you could kill a few hours. 

On 3/29/2023 at 11:15 PM, blevine1972 said:

There is no problem with an 11:25 flight. Have a wonderful cruise. We're sailing Alaska in September. 

Thank you to everyone for their input.  Here is my next question.  I am flying in the day before our cruise.  Can anyone recommend a good hotel that is walking distance to Pike’s Market and/or near other family friendly things to do.  I was looking at the Embassy Suites but it’s not exactly in the location I was looking at.  I haven’t been to Seattle in nearly sixteen years so I don’t know what the best options are to choose from. Thanks.

3 hours ago, blevine1972 said:

Thank you to everyone for their input.  Here is my next question.  I am flying in the day before our cruise.  Can anyone recommend a good hotel that is walking distance to Pike’s Market and/or near other family friendly things to do.  I was looking at the Embassy Suites but it’s not exactly in the location I was looking at.  I haven’t been to Seattle in nearly sixteen years so I don’t know what the best options are to choose from. Thanks.

Just a slight correction from a local 🤪. It’s Pike Place Market. As far as hotels, in downtown Seattle, they will be very expensive. You could opt for something around Space Needle ( a bit less),and ride monorail into town (about 10 mins), or stay at airport (least expensive) and take light rail into town. It’s about a 20 min ride.

Check the Westcoast Departures thread here on Cruise Critic. Lots of info there on Seattle.