Condition of Oasis

Hi-

I am wondering the state of the Oasis, meaning is it starting to feel worn.  Was recently on a cruise and the The Next Cruise rep stated the ship is fairly warn and to pick one of the newer Oasis ships.  Does this sound right? We were looking at a phenomenal itinerary, but am strongly deterred from booking Oasis.  I also have clients booked on it, and am now worried.

6 minutes ago, dogsambam said:

Hi-

I am wondering the state of the Oasis, meaning is it starting to feel worn.  Was recently on a cruise and the The Next Cruise rep stated the ship is fairly warn and to pick one of the newer Oasis ships.  Does this sound right? We were looking at a phenomenal itinerary, but am strongly deterred from booking Oasis.  I also have clients booked on it, and am now worried.

He was trying to upsell you to a more expensive sailing.  Sailed on her 2 weeks ago and would not hesitate to sail her again.

• Like 6

Public areas are mostly good since it was amplified, however, yes the cabins and corridors are work and dated. Definitely not fresh. The carpet was honestly out of date and style when new, so combine that with 14 years of wear and tear and it isn’t great. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

He was trying to upsell you to a more expensive sailing.  Sailed on her 2 weeks ago and would not hesitate to sail her again.

I was on the same sailing as Ken. She is a bit worn if you look for things, but she is how old now…almost 15?

She has a some exterior surface rust but that didn’t stop me from having a great time. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, dogsambam said:

Hi-

I’ve noticed wear and tear on every cruise I’ve been on. I would say with the exception of some of Royal’s radiance class ships they do a pretty good job of keeping at least the common areas nice. In my opinion even the Voyager class still is very nice. Cabins are always a toss up. We have had worn down cabins on old ships and newer ones. That is just the luck of the draw. You can also do research on cabins before booking and then hope they stay in that condition for your cruise. I’ll be getting on Oasis next week for a B2B. I’ve watched a lot of videos and I’m not worried at all. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

My exact thoughts also. They were for sure trying to upsell the newer ships, probably need to pay them off 😂 

• Like 3

We were on Oasis in 2021 and the thing we noticed most was the pool in the Solarium had corrosion - the newer, cantilevered hot tubs were gorgeous - we just thought the pool was kind of gross.  My sister just reminded me that the band-aid floating in it didn't help her impression either! LOL  Anyway.. we are booked to go on her again in October and looking forward to it!

Thanks for all the quick feedback.  Look forward to seeing more.  A little scary when the next cruise rep is saying it is worn.  Price of oasis and wonder are very similar for this sailing. 

42 minutes ago, dogsambam said:

Thanks for all the quick feedback.  Look forward to seeing more.  A little scary when the next cruise rep is saying it is worn.  Price of oasis and wonder are very similar for this sailing. 

We cruised on Oasis last year a b2b and once on Wonder.

Both were fantastic cruises and didn’t notice any issues as to the condition of Oasis.

These ships are used 24/7 nearly every day of the year.   Every ship is "worn" after the first year of operation.  That said no ship is derelict of maintenance. Crew does everything they can, inside and out, to keep things as non-worn as possible knowing that they basically have zero downtime to do anything that doesn't have a significant impact on passengers.

• Like 1

Everything is worn when it is not new.  Everything is dated when it is not new.  Ships sail in harsh conditions, and is under constant repair.  Think of it.  Why are you worried?  It's a ship, and it's not about some rust spots, maybe some nicks in walls, or salty windows.  It is a cruise, so pick what you want, and have fun

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Schooner bar on Oasis is in perfect shape

In fact the counter of the Schooner Bar had a perfect polish thanks to all of us.

Let me quote some lyrics of one of my favourite drinking songs, “Home for a Rest” by Spirit of the West. It’s from the late 80s/early 90s. @Tree_skier and @Ourusualbeach might even remember the song from back in the day. The video below is from their tour in the UK way back.

We never saw nothin' but brass taps and oak
Kept a shine on the bar with the sleeves of our coats

You'll have to excuse me, I'm not at my best
I've been gone for a week
I've been drunk since I left
And these so-called vacations
Will soon be my death
I'm so sick from the drink
I need home for a rest
Take me home...

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

In fact the counter of the Schooner Bar had a perfect polish thanks to all of us.

Let me quote some lyrics of one of my favourite drinking songs, “Home for a Rest” by Spirit of the West. It’s from the late 80s/early 90s. @Tree_skier and @Ourusualbeach night even remember the song from back in the day. 

Will soon be my death
I need home for a rest
Take me home...

There's a great flashback... Haven't heard that one in ages!  

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Let me quote some lyrics of one of my favourite drinking songs, “Home for a Rest” by Spirit of the West. It’s from the late 80s/early 90s. @Tree_skier and @Ourusualbeach might even remember the song from back in the day. The video below is from their tour in the UK way back.

Will soon be my death
I need home for a rest
Take me home...

Love that song and highly appropiate!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dogsambam said:

I would pick Wonder over Oasis if the pricing was similar.  We prefer the cabin furnishings on the newer ships and like to experience all the new restaurants that get introduced on the new ships.  Having said that, we got outpriced by Wonder (both cruise and airfare) for our upcoming cruise and are sailing Oasis for the fifth time.  We were last on Oasis in October and it was having water issues, no water on ship as we came into Port Canaveral, and many bathroom issues.  Public toilets on deck 6 not working for two days and cabin toilets not working off and on for a few days.  From recent reviews, it is still having some intermittent toilet issues, which can happen on any ship and sailing.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I would pick Wonder over Oasis if the pricing was similar.  We prefer the cabin furnishings on the newer ships and like to experience all the new restaurants that get introduced on the new ships.  Having said that, we got outpriced by Wonder (both cruise and airfare) for our upcoming cruise and are sailing Oasis for the fifth time.  We were last on Oasis in October and it was having water issues, no water on ship as we came into Port Canaveral, and many bathroom issues.  Public toilets on deck 6 not working for two days and cabin toilets not working off and on for a few days.  From recent reviews, it is still having some intermittent toilet issues, which can happen on any ship and sailing.

Several in our 'group' had issues with toilets.

I didn't experience it though