Black Friday specials turnaround time

Our first cruise on RCI is booked for this December, but I have cruised on other lines before. I read the boards quite often and have seen many references to the Black Friday deals that people get on excursions, drink packages, etc. My question is, our ship sets sail about a week after Black Friday this year so I'm wondering if that is too short of a turnaround time to take advantage of any deals for this particular sailing? Doesn't the ability to pre-purchase things on the cruise planner close longer than a week before sailing? Thanks for any insight, may just have to take advantage of deals for a future trip.

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

This last year did not produce many notable deals 

I actually scored a couple of really really good deals.  I actually think they might have been Royal IT screw ups but they were really good deals none the less.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

5 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I actually scored a couple of really really good deals.  I actually think they might have been Royal IT screw ups but they were really good deals none the less.  

I did too, despite having been openly sceptical beforehand and having to eat my words. 😂

26 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

LOL I saved over $600 in excursions, unlimited dining plan and drink packages on our 10 on Oasis in January.  All of which had already been booked but were returned and rebooked during the sale.  I keep a spreadsheet for all our cruises which list out exactly what I pay for everything so that I know when to cancel and rebook to save money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kcmo74 said:

Our first cruise on RCI is booked for this December, but I have cruised on other lines before. I read the boards quite often and have seen many references to the Black Friday deals that people get on excursions, drink packages, etc. My question is, our ship sets sail about a week after Black Friday this year so I'm wondering if that is too short of a turnaround time to take advantage of any deals for this particular sailing? Doesn't the ability to pre-purchase things on the cruise planner close longer than a week before sailing? Thanks for any insight, may just have to take advantage of deals for a future trip.

There can be good deals, but there are years when it's not so great.  One thing you need to watch out for since your sailing is so close to Black Friday, is that things like excursions and specialty dining (both single and packages) can sell out.  When it comes to Black Friday, the one thing that I've noticed the last several years is that the soda and refreshment, and bottle waters, are a pretty decent deal, but the DBP with alcohol didn't drop to anything other than what some previous sale prices had been over the months leading up to Black Friday.  

37 minutes ago, Xtentions said:

LOL I saved over $600 in excursions, unlimited dining plan and drink packages on our 10 on Oasis in January.  All of which had already been booked but were returned and rebooked during the sale.  I keep a spreadsheet for all our cruises which list out exactly what I pay for everything so that I know when to cancel and rebook to save money.

I do the same.  I also include in my spreadsheet items I haven't purchased but am considering purchasing and track pricing on those items as well.  

2 hours ago, kcmo74 said:

Look for Labor Day sales.  Last year, we took advantage of the "Key" for $14.99 pp/pd.

2 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Internet package and the  activities on coco cay and labadee are good deals for black friday.

Agree...On Black Friday I purchase all my internet pkgs. as far out as I can for the next year. I also have gotten a great deal on the Thrill Waterpark Cabanas too. I rarely if ever purchase ship excursions, drink or dining pkgs.