Drydock schedules

bookbabe

Are drydock schedules published anywhere?  Googling and searching in this forum has only turned up past ones, I’m looking for upcoming dates, particularly for Mariner.  Thanks.

Mariner currently has a five day gap 10/12/24 - 10/17/24; really too short for dry dock; probably charter.  Otherwise, no gaps in Mariner schedule until at least after 2025 World Cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2023 at 3:50 PM, Jlhalldc said:

Explorer is scheduled for a dry dock in May after her Pacific crossing from Tokyo to Vancouver. Her schedule is clear from May 23 to June 7. 

And, as I mentioned in another thread less likely to be found WRT drydocks, the dry dock for Explorer is for "freshening" (i.e, carpeting, painting and the like) plus adding Starlink according to crew on-board in March.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Portolan said:

May 2023 is what I was told on board her in March.

8 hours ago, HongKongAlan said:

Thanks Portolan

That is good news. We were last on the Explorer in 2017 so I was hoping that there might be a refresh happening. Presume the ship was still up to scratch when you sailed?

She was in good shape.  You could see small things that needed painting.  The carpeting actually looked fine.  Certainly, there was nothing which detracted from our enjoyment.

We'll reap the benefits of the refresh--and really looking forward to the Starlink--since we'll be on Explorer next January and August.

Just now, slidebite said:

Voyager is scheduled to drydock sometime in 2024, according to the regent future cruise rep I spoke to on board a couple weeks ago.

Do you know when Voyager was last ‘refreshed’?

13 hours ago, slidebite said:

Voyager is scheduled to drydock sometime in 2024, according to the regent future cruise rep I spoke to on board a couple weeks ago.

If Voyager is going to go into dry dock in 2024 they are going to have to cancel an already booked trip as there are no openings in its schedule.

36 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

What about refurbishment for Mariner? Anyone know? We are sailing December 2nd. 
sheila

We are sailing on the Mariner in January and would love to know when she will be in dry dock.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DaveFr said:

I see that Voyager has a gap in her schedule this year between June 3 and June 15. Could that be when a dry dock is scheduled?

There are two 6-night charters Athens to Athens June 3-9/June9-15. I can't  say the name of the company here because of rules, but my search string was "6 nights greek isles cruise 2023 regent"

I'm seeing a gap in the Navigator's schedule after it comes into Barcelona on September 9. It looks like it doesn't leave again until September 22. Is it going to be in dry dock or is there something else scheduled? It looks like this gap coincides with its 78-day tour ending then (Sept 9) as well.

1 hour ago, RELS said:

There are two 6-night charters Athens to Athens June 3-9/June9-15. I can't  say the name of the company here because of rules, but my search string was "6 nights greek isles cruise 2023 regent"

Thanks for the information. I was afraid there might be one or more charters. 😢

Dave

I was on the Explorer last week as well. They are bringing in over 400 people for those two weeks to refresh the ship. Agree the ship and crew overall were very good as usual. I do believe there are areas that need refreshing including carpeting, areas in the cabin bathrooms, worn furniture, painting, wall paper, etc. These are minor compared to the overall experience but still needs to be done IMHO.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2023 at 3:19 PM, Kroozr23 said:

I'm seeing a gap in the Navigator's schedule after it comes into Barcelona on September 9. It looks like it doesn't leave again until September 22. Is it going to be in dry dock or is there something else scheduled? It looks like this gap coincides with its 78-day tour ending then (Sept 9) as well.

We get on Navigator Sept 22 in Tarragona, Spain (1 hour south of Barcelona) it would be nice if they did a refresh before we get on. How do you find out what will be done?

On 4/30/2023 at 12:33 PM, slidebite said:

Voyager is scheduled for drydock December, 2025.

On 4/30/2023 at 12:12 AM, HongKongAlan said:

Thanks Potolan

That is good news. We were last on the Explorer in 2017 so I was hoping that there might be a refresh happening. Presume the ship was still up to scratch when you sailed?

We were on Explorer in April (Tokyo>Yokohama); I agree with previous comments and observations with the exception that electronics connectivity is clearly a product of circa 2014 architectural design. The few USB connectors are only USB-A (no USB-C)/limited # of 110V receptacles; bedside 110V receptacles under night table drawer etc. I commented on post-cruise review as GM had told me he was unaware of any plans to update in-cabin electronics/connectivity in drydock. I mentioned to him that Oceania Riviera connectivity update from late 2022 drydock provides a good example for Regent to follow. Hoping my nudge will be enough for RSSC to avoid missed opportunity.