Ships with balconies facing inside the ship

I'm looking for ships that have the 'inside' balcony cabins (that overlook Central Park , Boardwalk, etc).  I want a balcony, but am very anxious about being over the water, especially at night.  I'd love to be able to sit out at any time of day/night and not feel scared.  

Florida departure (Cape Canaveral preferably, but doesn't have to be). 

Also, I'll be traveling with my aunt.  We'd love to have separate, connecting cabins.  Even better if the balconies divider can be removed. 

Any help is very much appreciated.

The would be only Oasis and Icon class ships. So Oasis, Harmony, Symphony, Wonder, Allure, and Icon.  If I missed in, someone will correct me 😛

That said, it’s not like you are cantilevered out over the water - usually the promenade is directly below you. Also, the barriers on balconies are VERY high. So there is that to consider. Noise and heat are issues for inside balconies 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, caliSue1234 said:

I'm looking for ships that have the 'inside' balcony cabins (that overlook Central Park , Boardwalk, etc).  I want a balcony, but am very anxious about being over the water, especially at night.  I'd love to be able to sit out at any time of day/night and not feel scared.  

Also, I'll be traveling with my aunt.  We'd love to have separate, connecting cabins.  Even better if the balconies divider can be removed. 

I think balcony over boardwalk is good as you still get some view of water 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, caliSue1234 said:

I was taking some recent pictures, have some older ones I'd have to scroll to find. I was taking pictures of the "29" balconies over central park. These are sometimes as cheap or cheaper than insides as there are so many inside and outside balconies. You can hear a lot of guitar music at night, sometimes singing. Look down at the people. 

20230316_141940.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, caliSue1234 said:

If you and your Aunt will be the only 2 traveling, you will basically pay the price of 2 per cabin. You may want to consider sharing one cabin. They split the bed into 2 twins. Money saved. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, caliSue1234 said:

But, if you fell or jumped, you'd land in the water, right?  Or am I not looking at pictures correctly?

If you jumped, you probably are overdue for some therapy.

If you fell, then you were drunk as a skunk trying to recreate some scene from Spiderman.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, caliSue1234 said:

But, if you fell or jumped, you'd land in the water, right?  Or am I not looking at pictures correctly?

Too many variables for there to be a single answer. But I wonder why a fall into water is scarier than a fall onto a steel deck?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, caliSue1234 said:

I’d take landing in water over the hard

surface of the deck below which would most likely kill you instantly.  

Not sure what your fear is, but if it’s just water in general go for the Central Park balcony as you can see the water to some degree with boardwalk balcony cabins.  If the fear is falling off the balcony, perhaps consider a cabin with just a window and eliminate any potential issues that could cause anxiety.  Just a thought.  

• Like 2

Hi, welcome to CC (Cruise Critics).

As can be seen in the photo posted by @firefly333 you would need to climb on a chair, or in my case the table, to get over the balcony glass wall.

PS I would need a chair just too climb onto the table in the first place. 🤣

Taking your concerns seriously and thinking about this...If looking over a railing to the water below is scary for you, and I can definitely see how that could result in panic for some individuals, then I think a cruise in general will be full of anxiety for you. There are many places on a ship where you would find yourself at a railing, or near a railing, with the ocean in full view, not just in an ocean-facing balcony room. Perhaps book a very short cruise, a three day, to see if it's something you can deal with, before embarking upon a longer cruise that's more expensive and impossible to get off of without going through a lot of trouble. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, njsmom said:

Taking your concerns seriously and thinking about this...If looking over a railing to the water below is scary for you, and I can definitely see how that could result in panic for some individuals, then I think a cruise in general will be full of anxiety for you. There are many places on a ship where you would find yourself at a railing, or near a railing, with the ocean in full view, not just in an ocean-facing balcony room. Perhaps book a very short cruise, a three day, to see if it's something you can deal with, before embarking upon a longer cruise that's more expensive and impossible to get off of without going through a lot of trouble. 

Thank you for giving OP a kind and thoughtful response.  My thoughts were a little less kind and, as a person who has a phobia, I should be more understanding.  

• Like 3

I understand your anxiety, I felt like that before my first cruise. Well I think you’d enjoy an ocean view balcony, a boardwalk or Central Park is very nice too. I prefer the boardwalk, it can get loud at times though. Central Park didn’t have a lot of air flow on my trip. I like that on the boardwalk you can see the ocean a bit too. 

They can open the partition between your balconies. 

I’ve added some photos of my Central Park balcony room on Allure from a few months ago. I had family in the room next to me and we had the partition opened. 

350DD209-27BF-407D-9605-23025A3D203A.jpeg

5ED5188A-243F-476D-8156-021CCFA2BA90.jpeg

318FB7F8-FC09-4985-9FA8-474FA248E7E8.jpeg

80ADD17E-689D-437B-ACD4-6AEB4274B9ED.jpeg

73EB4E5B-E8A7-4F13-B37C-B32DD82956C5.jpeg

CD958118-0584-4558-A97A-4A5D42AA39A0.jpeg

• Like 2

We LOVE the boardwalk balcony rooms. Get a view of the water from the back of the ship, but no where actually near it if that's an issue. You can hear music from the aqua show (and see it from some rooms) People watching is fun, and you get sun light and fresh air. You can watch the zip line, rock climbing, see the big screens.... I really do enjoy them 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, caliSue1234 said:

Depends on what ship and what balcony.  With many balconies, you'd land on top of a life boat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mickeygirl78 said:

I understand your anxiety, I felt like that before my first cruise. Well I think you’d enjoy an ocean view balcony, a boardwalk or Central Park is very nice too. I prefer the boardwalk, it can get loud at times though. Central Park didn’t have a lot of air flow on my trip. I like that on the boardwalk you can see the ocean a bit too. 

They can open the partition between your balconies. 

I’ve added some photos of my Central Park balcony room on Allure from a few months ago. I had family in the room next to me and we had the partition opened. 

350DD209-27BF-407D-9605-23025A3D203A.jpeg

5ED5188A-243F-476D-8156-021CCFA2BA90.jpeg

318FB7F8-FC09-4985-9FA8-474FA248E7E8.jpeg

80ADD17E-689D-437B-ACD4-6AEB4274B9ED.jpeg

73EB4E5B-E8A7-4F13-B37C-B32DD82956C5.jpeg

CD958118-0584-4558-A97A-4A5D42AA39A0.jpeg

thank you for the pics and your reply 🙂

1 hour ago, Scottdalfonso said:

We LOVE the boardwalk balcony rooms. Get a view of the water from the back of the ship, but no where actually near it if that's an issue. You can hear music from the aqua show (and see it from some rooms) People watching is fun, and you get sun light and fresh air. You can watch the zip line, rock climbing, see the big screens.... I really do enjoy them 

that's what I was picturing, sounds perfect for us!  Thank you!

• Like 1