RCCL Diamond Member, but Celebrity First Timer - How does that work?

pattycake08

I'm a Diamond Member in RCCL, so able to take advantage of the 4 free drinks that RCCL provides. I'm thinking of taking a cruise next Summer 2024 on Celebrity. I have never been on Celebrity before. I thought I heard that while I may have to start with "0" Loyalty Points on Celebrity, my Diamond Status from RCCL (meaning free drinks) should carry over to Celebrity, not sure if that is true, can someone confirm?  Also, if I book on Celebrity am I able to use my "Diamond" discount from RCCL, to get a discount on my cabin on Celebrity, not sure how that would work since I am not a member yet of Celebrity's Captain's Club Loyalty Program.

Yes you start with zero points and yes your diamond status would get you elite status on Celebrity.  However Celebrity does their loyalty drinksdifferently than Royal does.  There will be the elite happy hour from 5 to 7 when you can order unlimited drinks from the elite menu from many bars on the ship (not in the main dining room). Also Not on the first night. It kicks in on night two.

The diamond discount does not carry over to Celebrity.

Log into your Royal Caribbean accou8nt and check your profile (click on your initials in the upper right hand corner). 

On the next pave at the top on the far right you will see "My Loyality"  

image.png.99c9fc0d3fb30310724397fc01a5a6ae.png

Select My Loyality and look for your Captains Club number. 

image.png.a4e93c6d1ef3f44306dc6ddb00a89f53.png

If you do not have one then go to www.celebritycruises.com and login using the same email address and password you use from Royal Caribbean (if it does not work you may have to create a new account). 

Once you have a Captains Club number, you need to make sure that your profile shows you as "Elite" with zero points.  If not, then contact the Captail Club program number on the web page. 

When you board the ship on your Celebrity Cruise, you will have a letter in your stateroom telling you the activities and benefits you'll have onboard. 

The biggest differences are:

No dedicated lounge for Captains Club members line the Diamond Club on RCL There is a dedicated restaurant for "Elite Breakfast" which has continental breakfast, Mimosa's, Bellini's, cappuccino's, etc.. 

No drink vouchers.  There is an "Elite Cocktail Hour" from 5 pm to 7 pm nightly where you can get free drinks from a Elite Cocktail Hour menu.  Anything other than those on the list you have to pay for or use your drink package, if you have one. 

Other than the above, the service and food, in our humble opinion, is much better on Celebrity.   There are fewer children, and the crowd tends to be older than what you see on RCL. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, pattycake08 said:

I'm a Diamond Member in RCCL, so able to take advantage of the 4 free drinks that RCCL provides. I'm thinking of taking a cruise next Summer 2024 on Celebrity. I have never been on Celebrity before. I thought I heard that while I may have to start with "0" Loyalty Points on Celebrity, my Diamond Status from RCCL (meaning free drinks) should carry over to Celebrity, not sure if that is true, can someone confirm?  Also, if I book on Celebrity am I able to use my "Diamond" discount from RCCL, to get a discount on my cabin on Celebrity, not sure how that would work since I am not a member yet of Celebrity's Captain's Club Loyalty Program.

You'll be Elite with zero Celebrity CC cruise points. Like with RC you will receive a detailed list of all your onboard perks/benefits. Some are equal to RCs Diamond, some are better and some not as good. You are not able to use any of your Diamond perks/benefits with Celebrity. The Celebrity's CC number is 1-800-760-0654. 

Wow. I was hoping the drinks were the same as on Royal. Drinks between 5 and 7 pm are when we are dining... 😞

We've been thinking about less kids and more relaxed cruises so this topic caught my attention. I looked at Virgin some and earlier today was looking at Celebrity cruises.  I just looked at the Elite benefits and don't see anything that would lean us more toward Celebrity than starting out with a blank slate at another cruise line, so good to know. Sad but good to know.

We did cruise with Celebrity once about 10 years ago, a dream trip to Galapagos!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jaynay said:

Wow. I was hoping the drinks were the same as on Royal. Drinks between 5 and 7 pm are when we are dining... 😞

Yes, unfortunately those times are hold overs from when the event was held at the Sky Lounge. 

While the drinks cannot be obtained in the dining room, you can stop at a bar on your way to the dining room and grab a CC drink to take with you.  

• Thanks 1

Myself and friends are Diamond on RCCL and have a cruise booked in May on Celebrity.  When we booked, they were having a special where we get the classic beverage package, basic WiFi and tips.  Check to see if that is an available option for when you want to book.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Royal_Cruise_Bear said:

... or you are going to book Aquaclass or higher and the Premium drinks package is included. 🤪

I thought the Aqua Class package was the classic package and Suites received the Premium?

@pattacake, I will follow you along, I am right curios about how you find  X compared to RCI.

I switched from RCI to X in 2001- and almost never turned back- well twice in 22 years- LOL.

RCI - Ships are stunning with the " Wouw- factor" included.

For me the RCI fun ended with the Voyager Class- all above got to big for my taste- well maybe not to big but to much indoor venues without kind of a connection out to the sea.

On my last RCI cruise I found out about the " towel policy " - quite new back in 2004- that was the last straw and the last of my RCI cruises.

Even with all the changes X still provides a refined cruise experience.

I do not know what ship you choose for your very first X- experience- but in my humble opinion the new Edge Class ships, even though some parts are quite nice, are a failor- Outside- Cabins with a window to open ( they call them " Verandah- Cabins...") - a totaly missconstruced Martini Bar - in the middle of the ship- anoying loud - all around not a single quite lounge to be found...!

As long as M and S- Class ships around no Edge Class ship will see me again.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Jaynay said:

We've been thinking about less kids and more relaxed cruises so this topic caught my attention. I looked at Virgin some and earlier today was looking at Celebrity cruises.  I just looked at the Elite benefits and don't see anything that would lean us more toward Celebrity than starting out with a blank slate at another cruise line, so good to know. Sad but good to know.

We did cruise with Celebrity once about 10 years ago, a dream trip to Galapagos!

Call your TA and see about the inclusive packages Celebrity offers.

Tips, Drinks, WiFi.

You never know till you ask the experts. 

On 4/17/2023 at 11:49 AM, pattycake08 said:

From RCCL Cruise website:

Equivalent Recognition or Loyalty Status Matching is a program that offers Crown and Anchor and Celebrity Cruises Captain’s Club loyalty members the opportunity to receive recognition and similar benefits when they sail with one of the two brands – both pre-cruise and onboard with matching tier status; however, Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system for Crown & Anchor Society. Members of one program must enroll in the sister program to receive equivalent recognition benefits. Credits earned on one brand are not combinable with credits earned from another brand. The benefi ts of the Captain’s Club and Crown & Anchor Society will stay independent and not be combined. Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society Platinum and Emerald levels will be equivalent to Select in Celebrity Cruise’s Captain’s Club. Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club levels will be equivalent to Elite in Celebrity Cruise’s Captain’s Club. Gold membership status in Crown & Anchor Society is not part of this benefi t. Pinnacle Club membership tier level can only be obtained through earning the appropriate number of Cruise Points on Royal Caribbean ships

32 minutes ago, artvlay said:

Question, we are Diamond Plus with 365 points.  We are going on Celebrity where we are Elite and have 448 points. Are there any levels of the basic Elite that correlates to the Diamond levels?

Well, both get a free bag of wash and fold laundry.

There are the free drinks, but they are done differently; no coupons just drinks from a select list at most bars between 5 and 7 pm. 

There is no Diamond Lounge equivalent, but there is a dedicated venue for Elite Breakfast, Continental style, in the mornings. 

I think all of these are pretty well covered in this forum multiple times. 

1 hour ago, artvlay said:

Question, we are Diamond Plus with 365 points.  We are going on Celebrity where we are Elite and have 448 points. Are there any levels of the basic Elite that correlates to the Diamond levels?

Not sure I understand the question. There are no levels of Elite. What exactly do you mean by Diamond levels? The next level on Celebrity is Elite+ which you must earn yourself by accumulating enough points. There is no status match to Elite+.