Toiletries Brand on Recent Cruises?

lauraleigh9mm

We are on the Silver Moon now, and all of those things are available in the bathroom.  We have soap and shampoo and conditioner in the separate shower, the bath has its own supply of goods as well as a bath bomb,  and the hand basin has a full set as well. There is a container with cotton pads.20230420_181111.thumb.jpg.0ba4bc794e17570e44e445640cf06a8b.jpg20230420_181025.thumb.jpg.fcedf5ef7a1c78a1261139c0efe969f5.jpg20230420_180955.thumb.jpg.450d0314b84de5a513b3220578b4d69d.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rojaan19 said:

We are on the Silver Moon now, and all of those things are available in the bathroom.  We have soap and shampoo and conditioner in the separate shower, the bath has its own supply of goods as well as a bath bomb,  and the hand basin has a full set as well. There is a container with cotton pads.20230420_181111.thumb.jpg.0ba4bc794e17570e44e445640cf06a8b.jpg20230420_181025.thumb.jpg.fcedf5ef7a1c78a1261139c0efe969f5.jpg20230420_180955.thumb.jpg.450d0314b84de5a513b3220578b4d69d.jpg

Ah that's what that spare suitcase is for

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

Ah that's what that spare suitcase is for

I know, right? With Nova and the push to go green though, they may get rid off single use (take home) plastic bottles in the near future.

For any trip that is a week or longer, I usually pack a bar of my own bath soap.  I hate getting a tiny bar (or round) onboard that becomes even tinier in a day or two.

And god forbid they ever use soap and shampoo dispensers in the shower like some cruise lines or hotels do...

32 minutes ago, Rothko1 said:

For any trip that is a week or longer, I usually pack a bar of my own bath soap.  I hate getting a tiny bar (or round) onboard that becomes even tinier in a day or two.

And god forbid they ever use soap and shampoo dispensers in the shower like some cruise lines or hotels do...

That'll come I'm sure 

12 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

It's generally the cruise lines that give on and drop the standards .

it's never us Is it.

Oh, many a cruise passenger has dropped his/her standards...

Just look around on formal night.

40 minutes ago, Rothko1 said:

Oh, many a cruise passenger has dropped his/her standards...

Just look around on formal night.

I'm too busy looking at my stunning wife to be bothered by some guy with greasy hair dressed in a bathrobe and flip flops.

Just now, Mr Luxury said:

I'm too busy looking at my stunning wife to be bothered by some guy with greasy hair dressed in a bathrobe and flip flops.

Hey, the shower wasn't working well, and my tuxedo was stained, so that's all I could wear.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Rothko1 said:

Sadly that’s what we had on Silver Muse back in February - certainly not my preference either 

For clarity - we did get a bar of soap as well - but the shampoo was refilled in the big bottle/dispenser each day

Edited by Stickman1990

Perhaps not my preference but the refillable bottles are far more earth friendly than the millions of tiny single use bottles. Especially a thought today- Earth Day. If it is the same product (and yes, this is a big If), I think of the great Pacific and Atlantic plastic dumps in the middle of the ocean, now bigger than the size of Rhode Island, and wonder how many of these small bottles contribute to them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/20/2023 at 4:21 PM, rojaan19 said:

I had these same products on NCL.  They look like the larger sizes, fortunately.

However I am also concerned about the amount of single use plastic, and don’t mind the convenience of refillable pumps if the same product is used.

Edited by Port Power
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Port Power said:

I had these same products on NCL.  They look like the larger sizes, fortunately.

However I am also concerned about the amount of single use plastic, and don’t mind the convenience of refillable pumps if the same product is used.

I Agree 100%. Whilst it’s nice to bring home a bit of Bulgari to remind you of your cruise, I think about the millions of tiny impractical bottles that could end up anywhere. In my own hotel a few years ago now, we decided to switch to a much better product from dispensers and don’t regret it for a second.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

In my own hotel a few years ago now, we decided to switch to a much better product from dispensers and don’t regret it for a second.

How do you safeguard them from guests putting things into them that don’t belong there?  

Also, they tend to be germ magnets as housekeeping simply fails to sanitize them properly.  So, how do you ensure there is no bacterial contamination of soap from the topping off of the dispensers?

8 hours ago, 5waldos said:

…refillable bottles are far more earth friendly than the millions of tiny single use bottles.  

I find the whole argument how single use bottles are destroying the environment, hypocritical at best, as passengers all over the world travel by car, train, and plane to catch their cruise.  The better solution I propose are single use biodegradable toiletries instead of unsanitary bulk packaging.

• Like 1

Stumbles, you are getting a bit silly here. A slightly naive view of microbiology.

Soap, liquid or solid, has never been in any way 'sterile' or needing sanitising. If you are worried about the handle of a dispenser you can wash it yourself with the very soap you are dispensing.

Pax seem to forget that there is still the option of washing and showering using solid bar soap which often comes in a paper wrapper. That is what I do and avoid using the little plastic bottles altogether. And yes, I wash my hair with solid soap too, it works perfectly well.

All the 'need' for different liquids to shower or shampoo are driven by marketing, the stuff in the bottles is all the same with just different colours and smells added. And ridiculous price tags.

• Like 4