Alaska Jackets are back?

robertmartha

My wife just showed me a posting from the FB Seabourn sailors group on which someone posted that they are back for the season!

The person who posted is in the travel industry apparently .....

We are on the second Alaska sailing this year.....so hoping if anyone hears or is on the first sailing and is contacted by Seabourn (and happens to read CC) that they post. Will also see when we go to check in 8 days (but who is counting!) if there is a mention of ordering for the sailing!

1 hour ago, adoctor said:

Jackets back. Good News . Meadows input perhaps.

Perhaps we will now see the pools being heated again, the end of constant menu recycling and even a few goodies on the bed at turndown?

I'm afraid the good looking blonde is out of the question.

• Haha 1

Seabourn will have to be very nimble to deliver on this promise. The Alasaka cruise season starts on May 19, which is already passed the 30-day pre-order cut-off date. Their web site is also not yet ready  for pre-ordering Alaska jackets. There is also a possible supply chain problem. Is Seabourn going to be able to get enough jackets in time? I hope this promise does not turn into a PR nightmare for Seabourn.

18 minutes ago, toseaornottosea said:

One would think/hope there was some advanced planning and they will have enough jackets to fill the need.

Hope so…at least my Alaska cruise is later in the season 😃

Matthew Morgan will be the CD for the Alaska season…just sailed with him for the first time…great guy

Nancy

Edited by nancygp

6 minutes ago, nancygp said:

Hope so…at least my Alaska cruise is later in the season 😃

Matthew Morgan will be the CD for the Alaska season…just sailed with him for the first time…great guy

Nancy

He's new to me Nancy

Where's he from?

1 hour ago, Mr Luxury said:

He's new to me Nancy

Where's he from?

He might go by the name of Matt/Matthew Gibbs.  He came on board in Bermuda to train a new ACD who didn’t make it onboard (not sure why) and assisted John during the xing.  I suspect he’s currently working with the new ACD.  Matt has been with seabourn for a few years, maybe more.  He has great energy, has a great/fun wardrobe and is very personable.

Nancy

2 minutes ago, nancygp said:

He might go by the name of Matt/Matthew Gibbs.  He came on board in Bermuda to train a new ACD who didn’t make it onboard (not sure why) and assisted John during the xing.  I suspect he’s currently working with the new ACD.  Matt has been with seabourn for a few years, maybe more.  He has great energy, has a great/fun wardrobe and is very personable.

Nancy

John did tell me that he had to break in a new ACD and he gets off May 5th.

Ross is the wacky wardrobe king.

He puts Liberace to shame 😁

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

John did tell me that he had to break in a new ACD and he gets off May 5th.

Ross is the wacky wardrobe king.

He puts Liberace to shame 😁

Matt is  second to Ross regarding wardrobe and spends far less…his words! 😄

6 minutes ago, MightyQuinn said:

@nancygp Hi Nancy, do you know when Matt starts?  We're on an early sailing to Alaska and SB told us the CD would be Peter Robinson.  I've not heard of either of them so I guess it won't really matter!

Hi there…not sure when Matt starts but I can ask him, he said the full season.

SB gave you wrong info about the CD.  His name is Robert Robinson and also goes by Robert Brennan.  He was on my first cruise last August…fabulous CD and lovely guy.  He’s currently on the Odyssey.

if you want, feel free to email me with your date.  Sorry we will miss one another as we are on mid season.

nancy

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nancygp said:

Hi there…not sure when Matt starts but I can ask him, he said the full season.

SB gave you wrong info about the CD.  His name is Robert Robinson and also goes by Robert Brennan.  He was on my first cruise last August…fabulous CD and lovely guy.  He’s currently on the Odyssey.

if you want, feel free to email me with your date.  Sorry we will miss one another as we are on mid season.

nancy

Thanks Nancy.  I'm not surprised the info from SB was wrong!  My DH said the person answering the phone didn't know who would be the CD, so she placed him on hold for quite a long time and came back with Peter Robinson.  DH got the impression she wasn't too confident with her answer.  I'll be in touch later today.

• Like 1