Alaska Jackets are back?

robertmartha

18 hours ago, MightyQuinn said:

Thanks Nancy.  I'm not surprised the info from SB was wrong!  My DH said the person answering the phone didn't know who would be the CD, so she placed him on hold for quite a long time and came back with Peter Robinson.  DH got the impression she wasn't too confident with her answer.  I'll be in touch later today.

Perhaps it was Robinson Cruseo?

• Haha 1

I was able to confirm that Robert Robinson will be the CD for the first/inaugural sailing on May 11th.  He’s currently on the odyssey.  Matthew Morgan will take over on May 26th.

also, my updated invoice for a later Alaska season sailing, notes under “additional included amenities”, Alaska - All Weather Jackets for myself and DH.  I’m sure I will be notified about the ordering process at some point.

Nancy 

24 minutes ago, nancygp said:

I was able to confirm that Robert Robinson will be the CD for the first/inaugural sailing on May 11th.  He’s currently on the odyssey.  Matthew Morgan will take over on May 26th.

also, my updated invoice for a later Alaska season sailing, notes under “additional included amenities”, Alaska - All Weather Jackets for myself and DH.  I’m sure I will be notified about the ordering process at some point.

Nancy 

You're only doing it for the Jacket Nancy 😁

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

You're only doing it for the Jacket Nancy 😁

I’m sure the fit will be lousy as I’m height challenged yet on the slim side. 😂.  Very pricey Jackets!  Seriously, we are pleasantly surprised about the jackets.  However, we still plan on bringing our water resistant jackets and additional colder weather items.  This will not be our first Alaska cruise so we know the drill.  We plan on a couple of Zodiac Ventures, first time for us.

Nancy

Edited by nancygp

32 minutes ago, nancygp said:

Where would one find their invoice please? I assume it is accessible on-line via some magic method 😵‍💫 My booking was via a TA if that will have any bearing on the matter. Ta.

19 minutes ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Where would one find their invoice please? I assume it is accessible on-line via some magic method 😵‍💫 My booking was via a TA if that will have any bearing on the matter. Ta.

My booking is via a TA.  I made my final payment this week and it was on the updated guest invoice that my TA sent me yesterday.    FWIW, I’m in the US.  I don’t know how seabourn communicates with TA’s in your country 😄

Nancy

11 minutes ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Ah, thanks. SB USA seems to be somewhat lacking in communication skills. I'll ask my TA but we paid months ago.

Thanks for the answer. 

You’re welcome.  I believe the 2023 Alaska complimentary jackets was announced this week so it’s very new info.  I only noticed the included jacket as I was reviewing my invoice last night upon receiving it.  SB USA certainly exhibits  very poor communication skills..love the onboard folks!

Nancy

1 hour ago, nancygp said:

I’m sure the fit will be lousy as I’m height challenged yet on the slim side. 😂.  Very pricey Jackets!  Seriously, we are pleasantly surprised about the jackets.  However, we still plan on bringing our water resistant jackets and additional colder weather items.  This will not be our first Alaska cruise so we know the drill.  We plan on a couple of Zodiac Ventures, first time for us.

Nancy

Fantastic Nancy.

You'll have no trouble,seasoned professionals that you are.

• Like 1

we are on the May 11 sailing in Alaska. We just ordered our jackets. The picture shown was the Aqua blue not the black noted upthread. Does not matter, just made our packing easier. 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 8:51 PM, Covepointcruiser said:

I like the new color, black or dark blue, rather than the bright aqua.   I might actually use it after the cruise.

New link shows the bright aqua jacket again.  

Thanks for your updates. Good to know that the promised jackets are on their way. Let us hope that Seabourn and their supplier have learned the lessons from the problems that the Quest had with jackets during their 2023 cruise to the Antarctica.

On 4/29/2023 at 1:31 PM, 2ws said:

we are on the May 11 sailing in Alaska. We just ordered our jackets. The picture shown was the Aqua blue not the black noted upthread. Does not matter, just made our packing easier. 

How did you order?  We are on the cruise but have not rec'd any info.

2 hours ago, jgd3rdbcfd said:

How did you order?  We are on the cruise but have not rec'd any info.

The link to order the Alaska jackets was in an email from Seabourn titled: Your Voyage Is Just Days Away.  It wasn't obvious that it included info about the jackets!  Once you click the order link on the email, it's already populated with your voyage number and sailing date.  You then select the size jacket from a drop down menu.  The jackets are unisex but there's a sizing chart on the order form.

• Thanks 1

Would these Seabourn jackets provide sufficient warmth and protection for the Zodiac excursions?  I know that layering for warmth is an option, and of course, that the weather conditions can vary.

I'm mainly interested if we need to bring an additional heavy jacket on the ship in additional to the Seabourn jacket we will presumably receive.

RJ, not sure as I have never seen them.  I was told that they had been discontinued but that they will now be available.  There is a picture in the last email that Seabourn sent us.  Scroll down and click the article and look at the jackets.  They look warm to me.  Greg  PS where in CA - we are in Monterey and FL

4 hours ago, RJ2002 said:

Would these Seabourn jackets provide sufficient warmth and protection for the Zodiac excursions?  I know that layering for warmth is an option, and of course, that the weather conditions can vary.

I'm mainly interested if we need to bring an additional heavy jacket on the ship in additional to the Seabourn jacket we will presumably receive.

They ARE warm enough.  You might layer under them though.  For my layers I had a quilted zip up vest and a lightweight down sweater (Uniqlo--I love it).  I was plenty warm--even in Kodiak in really rainy cold weather.  The jackets are quite good.  Two winters ago, we had a polar vortex in Texas.  When Mr. SLSD could get out to our farm to check on things, he took his Seabourn Alaska jacket and said it worked very very well.  We don't have the need for very warm coats in Texas.  The fact that he could go around our farm on an open John Deere Gator with the SB Alaska jacket and be comfortable attests to the warmth of the jacket.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

One other thing--bring a warm cap (to cover ears) and some gloves.  Weather can vary and the only time we needed them was out on the deck when the captain came as close as he could to a glacier.  It was COLD (and windy) out on the deck.   We have friends who cruised Alaska a few weeks after our cruise and they were hot--and did not need warm clothing.  

Edited by SLSD
  • Thanks 2