How do you pay for drinks before rooms are opened up on embarkation day.

7 minutes ago, I Fly said:

THANKS!  Sounds so logical, but never thought of that.  🙂 In the old days you got your sea pass at check in.

you'll have your 'set sail' pass either on your phone or printed, you can use that as well.  

• Like 1

They should stop lettings people just give their cabin number. On Odyssey I had a charge from a bar that I had never been to. I highly suspect someone gave any number except their own. Guest Services took care if it for me. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

They should stop lettings people just give their cabin number. On Odyssey I had a charge from a bar that I had never been to. I highly suspect someone gave any number except their own. Guest Services took care if it for me. 

If the bartenders are paying attention that shouldn't happen.  You picture pops up on the POS terminal when you use the room number. Was it on day one before rooms opened.  I can definitely agree with Royal cutting off the room number use after the first afternoon. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

If the bartenders are paying attention that shouldn't happen.  You picture pops up on the POS terminal when you use the room number.

17 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Luckily everone is always honest. 

As I said, even if they aren't bartenders should easily catch offenders.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

If the bartenders are paying attention that shouldn't happen.  You picture pops up on the POS terminal when you use the room number. Was it on day one before rooms opened.  I can definitely agree with Royal cutting off the room number use after the first afternoon. 

I often wondered if people would knowingly give the wrong room number, and if there is a “check “ for bartender to confirm buyer is who he/she claims to be. I only use my D+ vouchers to pay for beverages but wouldn’t be comfortable giving my room number.

No. It happened during the week. I ordered a drink and the bartender at Schooner said I was out of C&A vouchers when I knew that I had one more. Then I saw the charge from the Two70 bar on my app. I had not been there since the first day because I did not like the bartender there.

• Like 2

As I said, even if they aren't bartenders should easily catch offenders.

An experience on Coco Cay: 

I gave my room number, handed over my ID ... and the bartender said, "Uh ..." and turned his ipad towards me.  The picture was a man.  Then he said, "Oh, wait!  Are you on Independence or Liberty?"  Both ships were at Coco Cay that day, and I hadn't specified my ship ... hadn't even considered it.  We both laughed, he opened my number for the right ship, and he saw my picture.  

Yeah, they check.  

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

No. It happened during the week. I ordered a drink and the bartender at Schooner said I was out of C&A vouchers when I knew that I had one more. Then I saw the charge from the Two70 bar on my app. I had not been there since the first day because I did not like the bartender there.

That's really sloppy on the part of the bartender.  Either someone gave your room number and he didn't look at the corresponding picture or he typed the wrong room number and didn't look at the picture.  Either ways, shoddy work.

• Like 2

Go to bar#1 and look for a passenger that slightly resembles you. Listen for the name and stateroom number. Go to bar#2, use the given stateroom number and name to drink for a couple hours. 

OH, you said; How do YOU pay for drinks upon embarkation. 

(Just like alcohol smuggling threads, this is for example only) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

That's really sloppy on the part of the bartender.  Either someone gave your room number and he didn't look at the corresponding picture or he typed the wrong room number and didn't look at the picture.  Either ways, shoddy work.

I suspect that Royal doesn't really care.  What percentage of people catch that there is an extra drink on their bill?   If it was a large percentage then Royal would have come down hard on bartenders that weren't checking.   By not checking they can serve more quickly and therefore more.   They also have all those video cameras with facial recognition.  They could charge those that used someone else's number.  

16 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

i'm currently watching the entire love boat series and the amount of fakery that had to go on back then is crazy.  just give someone elses room number. couldnt do it regularly though or they would catch you on a ship of 600 with just one bartender

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, I Fly said:

Haven’t sailed on Royal for several years.  How do you pay for drinks or anything on embarkation day before the rooms are open and you can get your sea pass card?

I give them someone else's stateroom number, and let it be their problem to go to Guest Services!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Hmmm, were you on Odyssey this past February?😉

Guilty as  charged... If the crime is being on Odyssey in Feb lol.

Not guilty for actual crime I claimed to have committed to seem cool.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Guilty as  charged... If the crime is being on Odyssey in Feb lol.

Not guilty for actual crime I claimed to have committed to seem cool.

We might have been on the same sailing.