FYI - $250 cruisefirst

dbrown84

58 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Sounds like you can only get one of the $250 certificates while currently on a cruise? I'd be interested in getting a $250 (for $500 in the next 3 years, but a booking NET 120 days from now) but I'm not on a cruise right now. We have one scheduled March 2024, but who knows if that $250 CN will be offered then.

If anyone has more info on that please let me know.

Doug

I purchased a $250 CruiseFirst from home last month. I had my TA apply it to a reservation within minutes.

You can also purchase discounted CruiseNext from the comforts of your home via a social media site devoted to this purpose.

Neither CruiseFirst nor CruiseNext need to be purchased while onboard.

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

You can also purchase discounted CruiseNext from the comforts of your home via a social media site devoted to this purpose.

Yeah, I was unsure wether to bring that up here or not... I have bough CN that way without any issues a couple of times.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Asawi said:

Yeah, I was unsure wether to bring that up here or not... I have bough CN that way without any issues a couple of times.

That is actually my preferred mode to purchase. You can get the CruiseNext at an even deeper discount closer to sailing, and you help out a fellow cruiser who would lose the entire cost of the certificates.

I needed to move fast on the last booking because I found a 'special' price NCL was only going to honor for 24 hours. That's why I went the CruiseFirst route, but based on everything I've read I prefer the more flexible CruiseNext and the fact that you can pick up $250 certs for $100 pretty regularly is a nice bonus.

• Like 4

We were able to apply 3 CN certificates for our upcoming trip to Italy and Greece on the Breakaway. I know that is highly unusual, but we were pleased that they offered it. In case it matters, we're in a Club Balcony suite.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

We were able to apply 3 CN certificates for our upcoming trip to Italy and Greece on the Breakaway. I know that is highly unusual, but we were pleased that they offered it. In case it matters, we're in a Club Balcony suite.

I thought about doing that, but had a brain snafu and thought they were not combinable with my other certs (20%-50% off fares for EU and Alaska).  Found out after the fact they were combinable.  But, I had already done my booking.

Lesson learned (one I should have learned a long time ago)...."if you don't know...or are unsure, ASK!!!!!"

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I hope the cruise first certificates can be used with a military discont? I saw nothing at the links above saying they could not.

Doug

I recently used a cruise first certificate with my military discount. 

7 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I hope the cruise first certificates can be used with a military discont? I saw nothing at the links above saying they could not.

Doug

Yes they can. I just booked 3 cruises yesterday, used 3 cruise first certificates and received our military discount.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2023 at 8:32 PM, Asawi said:

This is about the CruiseFIRST. It's my understanding it's available to US residents and can be purchased ahead of cruising. Not being a US resident I don't know more than that.

At present, NCL offers CF in the following currencies and perhaps, to the respective NCL business markets adopting these currencies.

For the French market, I do not see CF is mentioned in the following webpage.

https://www.ncl.com/fr/en/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions-ceuk

CF Currencies.jpeg

Edited by Serengeti228
  • Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 9:00 PM, celestialcruiser said:

Is it just one certificate per booking? 3 of us on the reservation - can we each buy and apply a certificate?

I dont see an answer to this question. I have the same question. I know it says that only one certificate can be used per reservation.  That must mean one per person on the reservation.  So if I take advantage of the current offer  where the 2nd person is discounted, that person can use a certificate and I can use a certificate to apply to the grand total. Is that correct? 

Where can i find my Cruise First Certificates?  I think I read that they are kept in Latitudes Rewards. I've taken one cruise and my Latitudes Rewards has "no cruise history" and nothing else in it  I know at one time i saw my two CruiseFirst certificates. 

37 minutes ago, Smitheroo said:

I dont see an answer to this question. I have the same question. I know it says that only one certificate can be used per reservation.  That must mean one per person on the reservation.  So if I take advantage of the current offer  where the 2nd person is discounted, that person can use a certificate and I can use a certificate to apply to the grand total. Is that correct? 

It is per reservation, doesn't matter how many people are on the reservation.  The 2nd or 3rd person cannot use another certificate.  It does not mean one per person on the reservation.

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

It is per reservation, doesn't matter how many people are on the reservation.  The 2nd or 3rd person cannot use another certificate.  It does not mean one per person on the reservation.

ok thanks.  I guess I would have to figure out which is better-  using the certificate and not using "2nd person discounted" or the other way around. Keeping in mind the certificates have an expiration date.  That really limits the positives of the CruiseFirst certificates.  After all, two people bought the certificates, its not like one person bought both certificates and trying to use them on different people.  I;m sure the majority of people reserve along with another person in one cabin rather than each of them in separate cabins.  It might be worthwhile to use it on one person in the cabin with a single supplement. 

4 minutes ago, Smitheroo said:

It might be worthwhile to use it on one person in the cabin with a single supplement. 

I doubt that very much. The way I understand it is that you make your choices you get your discounts and promos and there is no applying of the certificate until you get to the actual payment. 

I may be wrong though since Cruise First isn't available in my country. 

18 minutes ago, Asawi said:

I doubt that very much. The way I understand it is that you make your choices you get your discounts and promos and there is no applying of the certificate until you get to the actual payment. 

I may be wrong though since Cruise First isn't available in my country. 

Thats's what I meant, I just didnt write it all out.  It would be applied at the end. A single traveling alone would have no need for a discounted 2nd person so that using the certificate would be worthwhile. When there is a discounted second person you have to figure out what gives the greater savings.

22 minutes ago, Smitheroo said:

When there is a discounted second person you have to figure out what gives the greater savings.

But haven't you already received the discount for the second person when you get to the payment? It's not like it's going to suddenly be removed because you use the certificate. 

1 hour ago, Smitheroo said:

Thats's what I meant, I just didnt write it all out.  It would be applied at the end. A single traveling alone would have no need for a discounted 2nd person so that using the certificate would be worthwhile. When there is a discounted second person you have to figure out what gives the greater savings.

Not sure what you are trying to say. The certificate has no bearing on the price you are paying, it is simply like using a gift card to pay toward your trip.

There isn't really a second person discount when they advertise a 2nd person free.  Sometimes they advertise a 35% discount, sometimes it's 70% off the second person.  It's the same deal. If you have 2 people going and there is no single supplement, then getting 2 rooms would be cheaper by the amount of the coupon. Othwise sharing a room is usually cheaper, even if you can only apply 1 coupon. 

• Like 4

I previously asked about price drops and losing the full value of the CFC.  Wanted to update that I just called in for a price drop on my cruise and the full $500 was still applied to the reservation.  

I did lose my double latitude points since its no longer offered on this cruise but the $400 price drop was more important.  

• Like 2

We just used 3 of our Cruise Next certificates for our booked cruise for June 2 2024 on the Joy. It's a special they are running now that allows you to use 3 instead of 2.  We bought these on our last cruise a month ago on the Prima. You can buy them onboard on any cruise. We bought 4 for $1000 and $500 free which we used for our onboard final bill. It was awesome. We plan on doing this again. 

Edited by uneamie
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, uneamie said:

We just used 3 of our Cruise Next certificates for our booked cruise for June 2 2024 on the Joy. It's a special they are running now that allows you to use 3 instead of 2.  We bought these on our last cruise a month ago on the Prima. You can buy them onboard on any cruise. We bought 4 for $1000 and $500 free which we used for our onboard final bill. It was awesome. We plan on doing this again. 

yeah, that's a nice special.  It's for Cruise Next only though.  Not cruise first.  I point that out only because this thread is about cruise first, and I didn't want anyone to think it applied.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

yeah, that's a nice special.  It's for Cruise Next only though.  Not cruise first.  I point that out only because this thread is about cruise first, and I didn't want anyone to think it applied.

Oh I'm sorry....I actually do not know the difference. I thought they were both the same. I will have to look that one up. Thank you for pointing this out.