New email - recognition of website issues

uktog

I just received this email this morning, june 5, 2023

19-AZA-logo-SM+®-pantone-horizontal-1color+white

Dear Azamara Guest,

While we are working hard to resolve technology issues at home, we were pleased to see that our passengers aboard the Azamara Quest had an unforgettable experience last week. You may have seen images of our ships in the heart of Monaco for the Grand Prix, the world’s most exciting F1 race. While our pre-cruise experience is not yet meeting our high standards for Azamara, we want to reassure that our passengers continue to have an Azamara experience that is second to none. In our pre-cruise experience we have made significant progress in our hold times over the past week but are still not where we need to be. We will reach our goal as additional classes join the phones throughout June including a new class starting on phones today.

Understandably, you may have questions related to your booking. Please rest assured that:

1. For those who have already filled out the Account Login Help Form, we have updated your loyalty points accordingly. For those who are still experiencing issues or have questions regarding your loyalty status, we kindly ask you to please use the Account Login Help Form.
  2. We have made great progress in ensuring errors that occurred as we transferred bookings to the new system are eliminated. We expect any remaining stragglers to be fixed within the next 10 business days. To ensure smooth operations, we kindly request that you continue using the same email address you used for your booking. This will help us avoid any confusion in our system and provide you with seamless service.
  3. Please be assured that all your booking information remains secure, and you can sail with us as planned at the rates you reserved initially. In rare cases, you may notice an inaccurate "balance due" displayed in your account. However, if you did not make changes to your reservation no additional payment beyond the original balance on your original booking is required, even if it appears otherwise.

We are committed to maintaining open lines of communication with you, and in two weeks, we will provide another update. We deeply value your trust and loyalty to Azamara and thank you for your continued support and patience throughout this process.

Thank you for choosing Azamara.

signature-carol
Logo and Tagline

©2023 Azamara. Ships registered in Malta.

“Change the Way You Sea” is an international service mark of SP Cruises OpCo Limited.

Azamara, 3059 Grand Ave, Suite 205, Miami, Florida, 33133, United States 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2023 at 10:08 PM, laurieb said:

Horrible on their part then!  The agents I know have absolutely no problems booking Azamara since transitioning.  

My agent has and had stopped selling Azamara.  It has been as big a nightmare for her as it has been for us. 

20 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

I just received this email this morning, june 5, 2023

19-AZA-logo-SM+®-pantone-horizontal-1color+white

Dear Azamara Guest,

While we are working hard to resolve technology issues at home, we were pleased to see that our passengers aboard the Azamara Quest had an unforgettable experience last week. You may have seen images of our ships in the heart of Monaco for the Grand Prix, the world’s most exciting F1 race. While our pre-cruise experience is not yet meeting our high standards for Azamara, we want to reassure that our passengers continue to have an Azamara experience that is second to none. In our pre-cruise experience we have made significant progress in our hold times over the past week but are still not where we need to be. We will reach our goal as additional classes join the phones throughout June including a new class starting on phones today.

Understandably, you may have questions related to your booking. Please rest assured that:

1. For those who have already filled out the Account Login Help Form, we have updated your loyalty points accordingly. For those who are still experiencing issues or have questions regarding your loyalty status, we kindly ask you to please use the Account Login Help Form.
  2. We have made great progress in ensuring errors that occurred as we transferred bookings to the new system are eliminated. We expect any remaining stragglers to be fixed within the next 10 business days. To ensure smooth operations, we kindly request that you continue using the same email address you used for your booking. This will help us avoid any confusion in our system and provide you with seamless service.
  3. Please be assured that all your booking information remains secure, and you can sail with us as planned at the rates you reserved initially. In rare cases, you may notice an inaccurate "balance due" displayed in your account. However, if you did not make changes to your reservation no additional payment beyond the original balance on your original booking is required, even if it appears otherwise.

We are committed to maintaining open lines of communication with you, and in two weeks, we will provide another update. We deeply value your trust and loyalty to Azamara and thank you for your continued support and patience throughout this process.

Thank you for choosing Azamara.

signature-carol
Logo and Tagline

©2023 Azamara. Ships registered in Malta.

“Change the Way You Sea” is an international service mark of SP Cruises OpCo Limited.

Azamara, 3059 Grand Ave, Suite 205, Miami, Florida, 33133, United States 

I completed the Account Login Help Form to tell them my account on Azamara.com shows no upcoming cruise & has me as an adventurer with no points and the wrong membership number. I got an email back within the hour telling my my account looks fine to them but I could try a new password using forgot password. I did that and nothing has changed! I emailed them back to tell them this was the case.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I completed the Account Login Help Form to tell them my account on Azamara.com shows no upcoming cruise & has me as an adventurer with no points and the wrong membership number. I got an email back within the hour telling my my account looks fine to them but I could try a new password using forgot password. I did that and nothing has changed! I emailed them back to tell them this was the case.

I got the same canned reply. 😒

29 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Same

1 hour ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Same here!

• Like 2

I really do agree that Ms. Cabezas is misinformed or is living in a false reality.  She had to back pedal after her first email saying how good things were.  I have sent the same form over and over and get the same exact reply that everything is correct.  I don’t even care right now about my loyalty points being correct.  I feel so bad for the crew.  Everyone does have a wonderful time once they board …..but, they are bending over backwards ( even more than usual) to make up for all the issues pre boarding.  Plus, with the premium we are paying, I don’t want to wait in line to prove I have paid for something or wait several weeks to a month for a credit or have my credit card refund put in as a non refundable OBC and spend time straightening it out.  This has been like a job.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, babykay said:

My agent has and had stopped selling Azamara.  It has been as big a nightmare for her as it has been for us. 

Since this website problem began I have booked two new cruises.  We are new to Azamara.  My TA had to create a new password for themself. They have had no problem with booking or getting answers from Azamara.

I had to get a new password also to be able to access my new bookings.  (I already had an account)

3 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

"For those who have already filled out the Account Login Help Form, we have updated your loyalty points accordingly."

Just not true!

I have filled it out twice and was fluffed off both times.  Last time told end of June before my points would be corrected.  How the President allows this stuff to go out with her name on it is beyond me.  she must be completely clueless.

• Like 2

On 5/12/2023 at 8:23 AM, uktog said:

Dear Azamara Guest,

We deeply value your trust and loyalty to Azamara. As many of you are aware, we’ve completed the final steps of becoming an independent company. As part of this process, we implemented new technology to support all aspects of our business.

The most critical and complex component of transitioning our reservation system was to transfer bookings for future cruises from our former parent company’s system into our new system. We underestimated the complexity of moving over these bookings and as a result, trip components and prices may appear inaccurate in some guests’ accounts. We deeply regret the inconvenience or frustration this process has caused you and your travel companions. I can assure you that we are working diligently to resolve these issues as quickly as possible.

We want to assure you that all your booking information remains secure, and you’ll be able to sail with us as planned at the same rates you reserved. In the most concerning cases, customers may see a balance due that is not accurate. No additional payment outside of the original balances on the original booking is required, even if one appears in the account.

We understand that many of you and your travel advisors have questions, which has led to an increase in our call centre volume. Wait times have been unacceptably high, which has made servicing existing bookings and making new reservations difficult. We recognise that the current pre-cruise process does not meet the Azamara standard. To address this issue, we have:

• Increased overall global call centre staff to help answer request forms in a more timely manner.
  • Added a dedicated call centre option for sailings within 30 days.
  • Added IT resources to repair bookings and account accuracy to fix any incorrect information before you board so you can have a stress-free experience.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this transition period. We remain committed to providing the exceptional service and experiences that have made Azamara one of the most respected and beloved brands in the travel industry. 

Thanks,

signature-carol

I hope your onboard services are better than your website services. Totally unacceptable that a company of you size does not have a functioning website. My future cruise does not appear and no response to my email.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I am having the same problem - no history and my upcoming cruise shows me as a newbie.  I am also having problems reserving shore excursions.  The excursion booking form now asks if you want to use obc I guess that is an improvement and you can go ahead and reserve shore excursions without it adding to your account.  However, it does not save them and every time you log in nothing is reserved ! how do I fix this ?

1 hour ago, Janet&Carl said:

I am having the same problem - no history and my upcoming cruise shows me as a newbie.  I am also having problems reserving shore excursions.  The excursion booking form now asks if you want to use obc I guess that is an improvement and you can go ahead and reserve shore excursions without it adding to your account.  However, it does not save them and every time you log in nothing is reserved ! how do I fix this ?

If my log-in attempt fails how can I even find out if I have accurate info? I filled out the form but now what???

2 minutes ago, yogagal47 said:

If my log-in attempt fails how can I even find out if I have accurate info? I filled out the form but now what???

I fixed my log in attempt failures by asking for a new password using the "forgot password" option.  I can now log in every time but it doesnt hold any booking info except my future cruises.  No OBC - no excursions that I have booked twice.  Don't know if they are booked or not.

7 minutes ago, Janet&Carl said:

I fixed my log in attempt failures by asking for a new password using the "forgot password" option.  I can now log in every time but it doesnt hold any booking info except my future cruises.  No OBC - no excursions that I have booked twice.  Don't know if they are booked or not.

Just did that-thanks. I see the cruise booked for April 2024 and the packages included but there is an issue with the OBC. Even got a message that popped up that I needed to have my travel advisor or AZ help. Since the cruise is not for 10 months out I suppose I will wait on it.

• Like 1

And the beat goes on….more erroneous correspondence from CEO. This, coupled with the fact this latest CEO email is filled with self congratulations for the quality of onboard service makes things more frustrating, IMHO. The problem never was with onboard service so the correspondence should stick to the issues which clearly are about the pre-cruise experience which has been filled with endless IT problems and customers who are unhappy, frustrated, or downright (and understandably) stressed. Azamara has not only failed to get the IT system completely fixed, they have done nothing by way of compensation for the amazingly horrible pre-cruise service experience.

I was traveling so wasn’t around when this all started so I have lost track of how long this has been going on. Can someone please remind me of exactly how many weeks the IT system at Azamara has been in meltdown?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Carnevale said:

And the beat goes on….more erroneous correspondence from CEO. This, coupled with the fact this latest CEO email is filled with self congratulations for the quality of onboard service makes things more frustrating, IMHO. The problem never was with onboard service so the correspondence should stick to the issues which clearly are about the pre-cruise experience which has been filled with endless IT problems and customers who are unhappy, frustrated, or downright (and understandably) stressed. Azamara has not only failed to get the IT system completely fixed, they have done nothing by way of compensation for the amazingly horrible pre-cruise service experience.

I was traveling so wasn’t around when this all started so I have lost track of how long this has been going on. Can someone please remind me of exactly how many weeks the IT system at Azamara has been in meltdown?

The transition to the new site went live the last week in March, 2023. 

• Thanks 1

Carols email is ,quite frankly a disgrace , not sure who checked this , but the grammar is quite shameful , I know this should be the least of our worries ,but nevertheless, to send out a message of this standard from someone at her level within the business is highly unprofessional .

I have recently booked a sailing for this coming Sept , my booking shows that my status is Explorer when in fact it’s Discoverer plus , I’ve only just submitted my form , hopefully it will get sorted , together with my OBC and FCC 

Edited by Rosroz

52 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Have to say I only found one really poor grammatical error and that was a misplaced comma.

That's ironic, considering the post that prompted your comment! 😜

• Haha 1

On 6/6/2023 at 1:33 AM, Carnevale said:

This is my point completely.  I have gone through system changes and everyone involved know that the potential for disaster is a reality.  But they suit up and get prepared  to make it as painless as they can. They additional IT staff and a massive army of customer support personnel. They failed at this dismally.  And apologies go just so far.  I think they need to start working on compensation for people who hung in there and arrived at the vessel with only Azamara's word that everything will be OK.  A lot of people didn't hand in there and simply cancelled.  

• Like 1