Pictures of the VERY SAD Mast Grill / buffet burgers...

NutsAboutGolf

31 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

X is too busy with disingenuous marketing to worry about making good tasting food...Here's what marketing says about the Beyond's "Eat & Drink"

image.thumb.png.fd554140bb6bd43c68d6deda1e914e7b.png

Can’t wait for one of those “excited palates.” 😂

I hate to pile on but I had to make a comment on this subject. 

On our last X cruise on the Constellation, we couldn't wait to get a burger at Mast Grill.

I got all the toppings and fries.

Burger was inedible, cold & dry, bun was old and falling apart.

Usually we have a burger at least 3-4 times, not on this trip. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

From the Rooftop Garden Grill and as @davekathy stated it's arugula 

thanks..Rooftop Grill... they have great burgers (upcharge) as per dh.. I thought maybe Luminae or outdoor Retreat area.

i like arugula..never tried it on a burger which I seldom eat anyway!

On 5/18/2023 at 10:48 PM, Azllama said:

Yep! Thats what we called our recent Eclipse cruise out of Sydney. B2b cruise and we lost weight! Food was subpar at best. Mast grill burger was grey before being cooked, and grey when cooked! No worries about it being red on the inside!  

Must have been the cruise to Hawaii. Couldn't believe the food situation.

• Haha 1

On 5/18/2023 at 11:30 AM, Tyler414 said:

Still don't understand why they don't offer a chicken breast sandwich at mast grill.

With the way they overcook the burger....do you really want to try a chicken breast!! You may need an emergency dentist after that sandwich!

Just now, neverlaysup said:

With the way they overcook the burger....do you really want to try a chicken breast!! You may need an emergency dentist after that sandwich!

Easy as far as the 'burger being cooked. Just have the 'burger cooked your way. They'll do that if you ask. 

Just now, davekathy said:

Easy as far as the 'burger being cooked. Just have the 'burger cooked your way. They'll do that if you ask. 

I tried once and he balked at taking it off the grill when I told him to. He then proceeded to smash, chop it with corner of spatula and release all moisture from the burger before pulling it off the grill. His boss was watching and was basically telling him not to take it off the grill yet. 

3 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

I tried once and he balked at taking it off the grill when I told him to. He then proceeded to smash, chop it with corner of spatula and release all moisture from the burger before pulling it off the grill. His boss was watching and was basically telling him not to take it off the grill yet. 

Bummer. I've never experienced that. 

On 5/24/2023 at 2:20 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

From the Rooftop Garden Grill and as @davekathy stated it's arugula 

Why would anyone order a burger at the Rooftop Garden Grill when there are so many other options to select from ?

It's arugula on the burger or is it from Arugula ?  We have a cruise booked to Arugula in 2025 and waiting to hear who the Captain will be on our ship.

I posted awhile ago, if ya want a " great " burger go to Madame Chartrand's World ( ?? ), ok, Quebec famous chip stand--- don't forget to bring an English to French translation dictionary or better still just point at what the people in front of you ordered.

( Her tip jar does accept $US ).

27 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Why would anyone order a burger at the Rooftop Garden Grill when there are so many other options to select from ?

It's arugula on the burger or is it from Arugula ?  We have a cruise booked to Arugula in 2025 and waiting to hear who the Captain will be on our ship.

I posted awhile ago, if ya want a " great " burger go to Madame Chartrand's World ( ?? ), ok, Quebec famous chip stand--- don't forget to bring an English to French translation dictionary or better still just point at what the people in front of you ordered.

( Her tip jar does accept $US ).

Never tried it but to my surprise, and IDK if this is a normal thing, they let you get many entrees at no extra charge.  I considered the burger to try it yet ultimately skipped

3 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Never tried it but to my surprise, and IDK if this is a normal thing, they let you get many entrees at no extra charge.  I considered the burger to try it yet ultimately skipped

The Rooftop Garden I'm referring to is a Specialty Restaurant ( extra charge ) on the Edge.

Order as many appetizers, main courses , deserts as you want--- they now add an 18% gratuity.

The food and service is excellent-- 

14 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

The Rooftop Garden I'm referring to is a Specialty Restaurant ( extra charge ) on the Edge.

Order as many appetizers, main courses , deserts as you want--- they now add an 18% gratuity.

The food and service is excellent-- 

Exactly; I didn't know you could get as many as you want until the waiter said something, I initially considered the burger but ultimately decided that I didn't want to fill up on it.  Food was indeed good

• Thanks 1

On 5/17/2023 at 7:23 PM, hcat said:

the sad and wrinkled roll looks stale

we never expect a great burger at the grill or good pizza at the buffet

lol I have to disagree on the pizza. We were on Millennium to Alaska last year and my husband and I got super drunk at the Martini Bar. We headed up to the Oceanview Cafe and loaded up plates of all kinds of things, because...drunk. The pizza was SO GOOD. So good in fact that we went back up for more and they were out and they put a fresh pizza in the oven just for us.

So the next day at lunch, it was a sea day, my husband goes "I'm going to see if the pizza really is that good or if we were just too drunk". 

And it was actually really good. Like seriously good. The crust was chewy but crispy, the cheese was yummy. Totally recommend. I can't wait to be on Celebrity in January to see if it's still as good.

• Like 1

Everybody likes their meat cooked differently. That’s why they will cook it to order if you ask. For some reason some people would say nasty remarks if you say you like your burger or steak cooked well done, saw it many times. I am for one like all my meat and vegetables well well done and don’t like when juice is dripping out of it, have to be dry. But that’s me. We are all different.

1 hour ago, SNUBES said:

some people would say nasty remarks if you say you like your burger or steak cooked well done

Rumor has it that in parts of Texas ordering steak well done, or (heaven forbid!) asking for ketchup, will get you buried somewhere in the lonely dusty landscape.... 

6 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

Rumor has it that in parts of Texas ordering steak well done, or (heaven forbid!) asking for ketchup, will get you buried somewhere in the lonely dusty landscape.... 

I'm not from Texas, but agree. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SNUBES said:

Everybody likes their meat cooked differently. That’s why they will cook it to order if you ask. For some reason some people would say nasty remarks if you say you like your burger or steak cooked well done, saw it many times. I am for one like all my meat and vegetables well well done and don’t like when juice is dripping out of it, have to be dry. But that’s me. We are all different.

Lawn Club Grill cooks to order..upcharge well worth every penny( not on all ships)

Starts with pizza u design...meal  made to order....warm choc cookie at the end!

Heaven

3 hours ago, Mountaineer0313 said:

lol I have to disagree on the pizza. We were on Millennium to Alaska last year and my husband and I got super drunk at the Martini Bar. We headed up to the Oceanview Cafe and loaded up plates of all kinds of things, because...drunk. The pizza was SO GOOD. So good in fact that we went back up for more and they were out and they put a fresh pizza in the oven just for us.

So the next day at lunch, it was a sea day, my husband goes "I'm going to see if the pizza really is that good or if we were just too drunk". 

And it was actually really good. Like seriously good. The crust was chewy but crispy, the cheese was yummy. Totally recommend. I can't wait to be on Celebrity in January to see if it's still as good.

For a NY'er( like myself), the pizza is acceptable, but not amazing.  At home, I always order my thin crust pizza more well done. 

22 hours ago, calicakes said:

For a NY'er( like myself), the pizza is acceptable, but not amazing.  At home, I always order my thin crust pizza more well done. 

Pizza on ships and in Fl ( winter season)  cannot compare to NY Pizza..We found one good  place..turns out owner is from our local area up north!  Same with bagels!