platinum and elite lounge entry

hunt182644

43 minutes ago, Bollycats said:

So now I'm confused. In the past when my mom was Platinum and I wasn't we didn't think I was allowed to go to the lounge so I've never been. Now that I'm Platinum can I bring my cabin mate even if they aren't Platinum or Elite? 

In Feb my DH, my 2 sisters, & I cruised on the Ruby. We're elite. It was the 1st cruise for my sisters. As DH & I were leaving P/E Lounge I asked the greeter at the entrance if we could bring my sisters the next day. He said something like "of course" or "certainly", something along those lines. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

Was it this guy?

fawlty-towers.gif

Manuel!!

We aren't big on the whole PES Lounge thing.  Can't fine enough paid-for food and Plus Drinks on the ship?  But now I am thinking that I have to take S into the lounge next time to see the stares she gets.  If mid-30's gets one the evil eye, what does 25 get you??

3 hours ago, Kay S said:

That's what I thought, but several people have reported this.  It's weird that being younger is suspect of something.  Being older than dirt myself, I have never seen it.

You should've seen the reaction of the cruise employees and passengers when we were one of the first invited to try 360 on the discovery. Literally had employees and other invited guest come up to us and say "this is a private event" assuming we weren't a part of it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gamja said:

You should've seen the reaction of the cruise employees and passengers when we were one of the first invited to try 360 on the discovery. Literally had employees and other invited guest come up to us and say "this is a private event" assuming we weren't a part of it

I can just see it ...

... suspicious gifs Page 7 | WiffleGif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Coral said:

On the Crown, they were not checking status upon entry. I went a few times for a short time period. I wasn't impressed with the food offering but was never checked my status.

Their food cutbacks have really hit the PE lounge hard. 

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Their food cutbacks have really hit the PE lounge hard. 

For what it's worth, the PES Lounge food on our last two Hawaii cruises were identical. One was the next to last HI cruise before the Covid shutdown, the second was Oct 2022. Pathetic as it may be, I keep the little menu card they leave in your suite (along with Patters, port descriptions, etc) and they were the same offerings.

I have no idea if the same holds true on every ship, every cruise. I didn't really notice on the CA cruse or Sea of Cortes cruise because we spent less time in the PES lounge than on a cruise with 10 Sea Days.

I am so happy to read how many people don't go to the PES lounge because they don't like the food or the drink special or because it is boring. We tend go every night, especially if it is in Skywalkers. It is a calm, relaxed place to have our martinis before dinner. The food is not meant to be dinner but something to go along with your cocktail and, now that tapas in Vines is nonexistent and the olive boat in Crooners is history, it is the only civilized place to have a nibble.

So again, I'm happy that people are staying away.

• Like 8

On our last 2 cruises, one on the Crown & one on the Ruby, we enjoyed the P,E,&S lounge. As Colorado Coasty said, it was peaceful, relaxed, & the nibbles were actually not bad at all. It's a nice diversion on sea days. 😊

• Like 3

One out of seven days...made it up to the lounge at 6 PM on the Emerald.  Large signage outside (Private Function) but no gate keeper.  I did not inquire (and they did not offer) drink of the day.

Shrimp, veggies, olives, dried fruit, rolls, cheese, and beautiful vision of coast as it disappeared.  

Quiet, less than 15 - 20 passengers.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fortunate 2 travel said:

Interesting and sad reactions from some people regarding age.  I try to remember that I can’t control how another behaves, I can only control how I react.

So you're telling me that we shouldn't expect to be treated the same by the staff just like everybody else? Obviously you can't control what others do, but when you're on a cruise ship paying for the cruise/service there should be some level of respect no? As for the stare downs and dirty looks, most of them do go away once you talk to them or get to know them. But it doesn't make it right and shouldn't be simply accepted just because you "can't control how another behaves". I'm sorry you are so saddened by comments and discussion of other people's experiences. This is a forum where you ask questions, share their experiences, and talk about cruising. 🙂

1 hour ago, gamja said:

So you're telling me that we shouldn't expect to be treated the same by the staff just like everybody else? Obviously you can't control what others do, but when you're on a cruise ship paying for the cruise/service there should be some level of respect no? As for the stare downs and dirty looks, most of them do go away once you talk to them or get to know them. But it doesn't make it right and shouldn't be simply accepted just because you "can't control how another behaves". I'm sorry you are so saddened by comments and discussion of other people's experiences. This is a forum where you ask questions, share their experiences, and talk about cruising. 🙂

Hmmm.  My comment was not about what people on this site were saying.  I must not have shared my thoughts clearly.  I do feel everyone should be treated the same way.  My sadness comes from the shared stories that people who did rightly belong in the lounge would be unfairly judged by others who may have felt they didn’t belong there.  I also was not commenting on staff rather other passengers.  

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

4 hours ago, gamja said:

Sorry, none of that makes any sense, relative to what Fortunate 2 Cruise said 🤔😕

15 minutes ago, curly14 said:

What are the hours of the lounge?  We have never participated in Princess lounge.  On Royal they are 24 hours. 

I think you are confusing the concierge lounge and the Platinum, Elite, and suite lounge. They are two different things. The concierge lounge is only for full suite passengers and is available twenty four hours a day. The PES  lounge is for those eligible guests and is typically open from 5pm to 7pm. 

The concierge lounge is only on Royal class ships.

• Like 1