platinum and elite lounge entry

hunt182644

21 hours ago, ldubs said:

Actually, I think being able to invite friends & family to the Platinum/Elite lounge would be a nice perk.  Maybe something Princess should formalize.   

If they’re in your cabin, fine, but if everybody invited friends it could get real crowded.   We’ve seen long lines at several of these events.  
On  my last cruise on the Majestic it was well attended each evening, and ship was only 50% full yet room was always full. 
It was held at a lovely venue front of ship in Sanctuary area which is free on the Majestic.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 4cats4me said:

If they’re in your cabin, fine, but if everybody invited friends it could get real crowded.   We’ve seen long lines at several of these events.  
On  my last cruise on the Majestic it was well attended each evening, and ship was only 50% full yet room was always full. 
It was held at a lovely venue front of ship in Sanctuary area which is free on the Majestic.  

Very good point about creating an overcrowded event.  Oh well, another brilliant idea down the drain!😀

Regarding the photos in my previous post, there was a nice, and varied spread every evening for my B2B cruises on the Caribbean Princess in January.  I enjoyed the P&E lounge for a light meal and a couple of discounted drinks most evenings.  

Edited by SargassoPirate
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

Regarding the photos in my previous post, there was a nice, and varied spread every evening for my B2B cruises on the Caribbean Princess in January.  I enjoyed the P&E lounge for a light meal and a couple of discounted drinks most evenings.  

we were on the CB over Thanksgiving and will be back on CB in late October - where was the P&E venue?

9 minutes ago, voljeep said:

we were on the CB over Thanksgiving and will be back on CB in late October - where was the P&E venue?

In this past January it was in Club Fusion and on my January 2022 cruise it was in Skywalker's.  It's always a guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On Sapphire April 29-May 10, a crew member was checking medallions for entry to the platinum/elite lounge each evening. Despite this, when my husband and I sat down (we're platinum), we got some DIRTY stares from older passengers. It felt like a few people thought we shouldn't be there. Thanks random strangers for being weird? LOL 

12 minutes ago, HikaruTsuki said:

On Sapphire April 29-May 10, a crew member was checking medallions for entry to the platinum/elite lounge each evening. Despite this, when my husband and I sat down (we're platinum), we got some DIRTY stares from older passengers. It felt like a few people thought we shouldn't be there. Thanks random strangers for being weird? LOL 

Yes, we old people are very suspicious of anyone under 80.  🙂  Also, our faces are so wrinkled and twisted that every stare is a DIRTY one.  My advice to you is to avoid old people at all costs. 😶

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, Kay S said:

Yes, we old people are very suspicious of anyone under 80.  🙂  Also, our faces are so wrinkled and twisted that every stare is a DIRTY one.  My advice to you is to avoid old people at all costs. 😶

LOL They weren't even that old! We're mid to late thirties and the death-stares probably came from people mid to late fifties. We laughed it off. 🙂

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, HikaruTsuki said:

we got some DIRTY stares from older passengers....

Those weren't dirty stares.....  their faces ALWAYS look like that. Just wait until fiber becomes important to you too!🤣😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, HikaruTsuki said:

Omg! Same cruise and I got questioned multiple times throughout the cruise (one night I think I was questioned like 3 times by 3 separate Princess people).  And it was a bit weird with them telling me it's a private event and me having to say "yes for platinum and above". As for other poster asking if people get kicked out, yep I definitely witnessed it on this cruise as well (but also it was a big group and I think they were sitting there all day on one of the glacier days)

Edited by bbfbgurl
For clarity - Princess crew questioned, not other random guests
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bbfbgurl said:

Omg! Same cruise and I got questioned multiple times throughout the cruise (one night I think I was questioned like 3 times by 3 separate Princess people).

Ah, great non-use of Medallion information by Princess people.

12 hours ago, HikaruTsuki said:

Those "dirty states" are probably just an advanced case of GRF*.  GRF is prevalent among some segments of the population, but with masking requirements no longer in effect, we just see more of them.  There are no masking requirements for GRF, although it can be contagious.

*GRF, Grouchy Resting Face.

They checked medallions last night on the Enchanted and on the first night of the cruise. They’ve also had a future cruise consultant going from table to table each night speaking to everyone this week and last week

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Torfamm said:

They checked medallions last night on the Enchanted and on the first night of the cruise. They’ve also had a future cruise consultant going from table to table each night speaking to everyone this week and last week

We have also noticed this on the Royal recently … we know them all so they really haven’t been checking us.  And we even know the Future cruise consultant and she was there every night, too.  

That's more annoying than a ships photographer at dinner. 

I hope that doesn't continue. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HikaruTsuki said:

Sounds like you are paranoid.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

That's more annoying than a ships photographer at dinner. 

I hope that doesn't continue. 

To be fair he’s not annoying or trying to sell cruises. It’s hard to complain if someone from Princess comes up to you in a lounge to ask if you’re enjoying your cruise and how your day went but it is a little unusual. If he were just the “loyalty ambassador” I’d find it less odd

Thank you for posting recent photos! We have been several times and found it a sad spread of dry cheese maybe I need to get there earlier since nothing even remotely appealing or appetizing was to be found! With the drink package in hand highly suspect we will not be heading there next trip either!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Torfamm said:

To be fair he’s not annoying or trying to sell cruises. It’s hard to complain if someone from Princess comes up to you in a lounge to ask if you’re enjoying your cruise and how your day went but it is a little unusual. If he were just the “loyalty ambassador” I’d find it less odd

I wonder if they'll go away with just a wave, like the photo use to.

I haven't seen them lately. 

I read somewhere that the future cruise consultants were taking over some of the duties for the loyalty and events director.  Maybe that’s true … 

17 hours ago, HikaruTsuki said:

LOL They weren't even that old! We're mid to late thirties and the death-stares probably came from people mid to late fifties. We laughed it off. 🙂

We get this all the time in every cruise being "younger". Especially at every vip/ultimate vip/prestige cruise event. It's also very common with crew members throughout the ship to treat us differently. But it all changes once we start getting to know each other. Just sucks that we don't get the same treatment off the bat.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, billco said:

Sounds like you are paranoid.

That's what I thought, but several people have reported this.  It's weird that being younger is suspect of something.  Being older than dirt myself, I have never seen it.

So now I'm confused. In the past when my mom was Platinum and I wasn't we didn't think I was allowed to go to the lounge so I've never been. Now that I'm Platinum can I bring my cabin mate even if they aren't Platinum or Elite?