Princess Shareholder Benefits 2023

RRFan

7 minutes ago, Laughingbear said:

What method did you use for the resubmission? Did you use email them directly with sbpcl@princesscruises.com or use the online submission?

I sent mine in on Thursday and I haven't seen anything yet. I'll be leaving on the 17th of June so I want to make sure I used the best submission method.

First submission was online form....didn't work.

Second time used email above. Had it within 2 days.

• Like 1

In all the years I have been submitted my request for SHB I have never done the email method. I always have faxed mine in using a fax cover sheet with all the information regarding the booking and a copy of the account page showing the shares of CCL with the account number removed. I usually get a result in as little as one day but if it is over the weekend it might take a couple of days.

In all the years I have applied for "Shareholders Credit" response has ranged from a few days to several weeks, but it has always come thru before the trip, without fail.

I submitted my request via the email link On May 27, (Saturday of Memorial day weekend), for my 9/9/2023 cruise on Caribbean Princess. Never expected a response until the next business week.

Checked my account at 10:00AM EDT. Tuesday morning, May 30, first business day after the holiday weekend, AND MY CREDIT HAD ALREADY BEEN APPLIED!! That is great customer service!!!

fair winds

Dave

12 minutes ago, Laughingbear said:

Not to beat a dead horse but I feel like its worth saying, I got my credit! Took 2 days.

So, don't submit online via the website. Instead, use the email on the form you fill out.

My OBC’s were applied overnight using the same process you outlined above (email)

3 minutes ago, moonjelly said:

Hi All,

Thank you for the great information.

Question: if two people who are not related are in the same cabin and are each shareholders, can they each get a $100 credit, or is it per cabin?

Pulled this straight off the form. 🙂

Restrictions
This offer is good for only one stateroom occupied by the shareholder.
Only one benefit onboard spending money can be applied to a
stateroom, even if there are multiple shareholders in the stateroom.

6 minutes ago, Laughingbear said:

Pulled this straight off the form. 🙂

Restrictions
This offer is good for only one stateroom occupied by the shareholder.
Only one benefit onboard spending money can be applied to a
stateroom, even if there are multiple shareholders in the stateroom.

I'm not positive but think it is wrong.  I believe I have read on here that people with different last names can each get the benefit if they each own 100 shares.  Either do a search on here or wait for someone else to chime in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dickinson said:

I'm not positive but think it is wrong.  I believe I have read on here that people with different last names can each get the benefit if they each own 100 shares.  Either do a search on here or wait for someone else to chime in.

If thats true, that would be awesome to know!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2925912-princess-specific-carnival-corp-plc-shareholder-benefit-faq/

From above:

2.8 Can multiple travelers in a cabin redeem Shareholder Benefit OBC if they are each shareholders?

By policy, no. From the official notice: “Only one onboard credit per shareholder-occupied stateroom.” 

In practice, guests occupying the same stateroom, with different last names and different addresses on the booking, report success when each submits a separate benefit request. 

On 5/30/2023 at 5:08 AM, Grego said:

In all the years I have been submitted my request for SHB I have never done the email method. I always have faxed mine in using a fax cover sheet with all the information regarding the booking and a copy of the account page showing the shares of CCL with the account number removed. I usually get a result in as little as one day but if it is over the weekend it might take a couple of days.

I got my SHB the next day after faxing it in.

On 5/31/2023 at 3:39 PM, whee-sailing said:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2925912-princess-specific-carnival-corp-plc-shareholder-benefit-faq/

From above:

2.8 Can multiple travelers in a cabin redeem Shareholder Benefit OBC if they are each shareholders?

By policy, no. From the official notice: “Only one onboard credit per shareholder-occupied stateroom.” 

In practice, guests occupying the same stateroom, with different last names and different addresses on the booking, report success when each submits a separate benefit request. 

I would like to know the specifics of this. I have sailed with a friend who also own stock,  and it has always been one shareholder benefit per room. I wonder what key words, or other info is needed to result in both shareholders getting OBC. 

29 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

I would like to know the specifics of this. I have sailed with a friend who also own stock,  and it has always been one shareholder benefit per room. I wonder what key words, or other info is needed to result in both shareholders getting OBC. 

I was just quoting information provided by the author of the post to which I linked. You'll have to check with them. My guess would be it's just luck!

Out of curiosity what are you guys putting in as your subject?

Do you all fill out the form and attach it as like a PDF or are you just typing the information within the body of the email?

I submitted an email was my stock information for my upcoming cruise leaving very soon On what today will be considered 3 days ago. Hoping later this early afternoonv It will be approved and I'll show up on my personalizer underpayments. Otherwise looks like I'm going to go ahead and send another one this morning just for safekeepings. 

16 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Out of curiosity what are you guys putting in as your subject?

Do you all fill out the form and attach it as like a PDF or are you just typing the information within the body of the email?

I submitted an email was my stock information for my upcoming cruise leaving very soon On what today will be considered 3 days ago. Hoping later this early afternoonv It will be approved and I'll show up on my personalizer underpayments. Otherwise looks like I'm going to go ahead and send another one this morning just for safekeepings. 

I put in my name, cruise ship and cruise date. I submitted the forms needed (proof of ownership and the Carnival Form) but I also repeated the info from the subject line as well as my booking number in the subject of the email.

Probably overkill but It also made me feel better knowing I provided as much information as I could.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Laughingbear said:

I put in my name, cruise ship and cruise date. I submitted the forms needed (proof of ownership and the Carnival Form) but I also repeated the info from the subject line as well as my booking number in the subject of the email.

Probably overkill but It also made me feel better knowing I provided as much information as I could.

Thank you so much for your help!

I actually went ahead resubmitted the email again just a little while ago. I did not submit the form as I literally just typed it all up in the body should I resend it again properly with a form?

I'm hoping this gets approved as I leave very soon for my two upcoming 14-day cruises, as I know each of those bookings will get me $250 of OBC. I just purchased a stock on Monday so unfortunately I don't have a monthly statement until end of June. But I sent screenshots of my portfolio and a statement showing my purchase of the stock which both items have my name and account number so hoping that shows they do a line and I do own the 100 shares.

11 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Thank you so much for your help!

I actually went ahead resubmitted the email again just a little while ago. I did not submit the form as I literally just typed it all up in the body should I resend it again properly with a form?

I'm hoping this gets approved as I leave very soon for my two upcoming 14-day cruises, as I know each of those bookings will get me $250 of OBC. I just purchased a stock on Monday so unfortunately I don't have a monthly statement until end of June. But I sent screenshots of my portfolio and a statement showing my purchase of the stock which both items have my name and account number so hoping that shows they do a line and I do own the 100 shares.

This was my first time doing it as well so I don't know if you should resubmit to be honest. I can only say what I did.

I also didn't have a monthly statement when I submitted mine and only had a week to submit it before the cutoff. So, I contacted the company I bought the stocks with and they sent me a pdf that verified I owned the stock. It only took a couple days.

Again, probably overkill, but since its was so close to when 15 day submission cutoff, I provided as clear of information as I could.

Did you black out your account/brokerage number? They tell you on the submission form to make sure to black it out before submitting it

I had not read the shareholder benefit page at CCL for some time.  The note about using email seems tailored for cautious folk.  Frankly I have always used http://faxzero.com to fax my information to princess.  It's free and they keep trying until it succeeds...and it has the security of a fax rather than email.  Having said that, anyone using email just needs to be aware of any/all risks.

Ended up calling Princess earlier today, after having to wait a half hour for them to call back and then another half hour wait to get connected to the right department which I really wish they would give us extension numbers for or at least a number to choose from on the menu for guest services. 

I was thankfully able to get the shareholder credit put on for my upcoming cruise instantaneously to that phone call.

Thank you so much to all those who have helped.

• Like 2

Now that my 3 upcoming summer cruises are all set and approved with the OBC on my bookings. How far in advance do you all typically send in your shareholder requests for your upcoming cruises?

21 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Now that my 3 upcoming summer cruises are all set and approved with the OBC on my bookings. How far in advance do you all typically send in your shareholder requests for your upcoming cruises?

I do asap when I have booked our cruise. I have it done as far as April 2024. 

• Like 1