I Am Very Interested In Silversea, Can I get some Advice?

Sthrngary

13 hours ago, mysty said:

Once again,  it is a question of personal preference!  We sailed 3 times (twice on World Cruises) on the Lady Whisper and loved her!  We are  booked on the 2024 World Cruise on the Silver Shadow  (the Lady Whisper's sister ship)  because we enjoy that size ship.  Our preference.  Please decide what is most important to you as cruisers!  Other's preferences may not align with yours.

I agree 100% with this.  I prefer Shadow and Whisper over the newer ships because they have a main dining room.  I do not need or want all of the smaller speciality dining rooms on the newer ships where I have to decide daily where I want to eat that night.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nfcu said:

I agree 100% with this.  I prefer Shadow and Whisper over the newer ships because they have a main dining room.  I do not need or want all of the smaller speciality dining rooms on the newer ships where I have to decide daily where I want to eat that night.  

We will be taking our first SS cruise on Dawn, and you bring up an interesting question.  What is the seating capacity in Atlantide vs. the 596 pax double occupancy?  Got the feeling that Atlantide was, more or less, the "main dining room" for Muse class ships. 

More specifically, if it's available, is there a capacity chart for all of the various dining venues?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, canderson said:

We will be taking our first SS cruise on Dawn, and you bring up an interesting question.  What is the seating capacity in Atlantide vs. the 596 pax double occupancy?  Got the feeling that Atlantide was, more or less, the "main dining room" for Muse class ships. 

More specifically, if it's available, is there a capacity chart for all of the various dining venues?

While we're hunkering down inside waiting for the air to clear, you can count the seats in each restaurant on the deck plan.  😀

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

While we're hunkering down inside waiting for the air to clear, you can count the seats in each restaurant on the deck plan.  😀

Noting the smiley face... "NTS" (Not To Scale") comes to mind!

So far, so good with air in Colorado.

I am not sure if there is an easily found number of seats in atlantide but both on the Dawn and Moon cruises we have had there were segments that were waitlist only and talking to various officers on those segments there were ~ 580 passengers. So we never missed out on a seat at Atlantide. It certainly got busy on formal nights or the nights of the Captain's welcome or farewell events. However on one of these nights the 8 members of our trivia team decided to have dinner. Rang SALT. Sorry full.

I went down to Atlantide -no problem but can you wait 15 minutes.

So I doubt you would ever miss out. SALT,La Terraza,Silver Note are often full and sometimes the pool grill at night. Kaiseki only occasionally.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, drron29 said:

I am not sure if there is an easily found number of seats in atlantide but both on the Dawn and Moon cruises we have had there were segments that were waitlist only and talking to various officers on those segments there were ~ 580 passengers. So we never missed out on a seat at Atlantide. It certainly got busy on formal nights or the nights of the Captain's welcome or farewell events. However on one of these nights the 8 members of our trivia team decided to have dinner. Rang SALT. Sorry full.

I went down to Atlantide -no problem but can you wait 15 minutes.

So I doubt you would ever miss out. SALT,La Terraza,Silver Note are often full and sometimes the pool grill at night. Kaiseki only occasionally.

580 of 596 is a really good benchmark for what to expect.  Thanks for that. 

We've been a bit spoiled in that we have rarely had to wait for dinner in any venue when sailing with Celebrity provided we gave an hour or two of notice, max, but that's partly been a function of which cabins we've picked.  They always seem to hold back a couple of tables in each venue.

We'd thought it would be fun to spend a few nights in Silver Note to do the 'sorta tapas' thing, but if we're going to have long waits or closed out evenings, that'd be a non-starter.

How far in advance can restaurant reservations be made?  Do all venues, including Atlantide, take reservations? 

Does SS produce, on request, the menus for a voyage once onboard, or at least provide what will be available the next night to assist in decision making?  We often wander a good bit based upon the night's offerings.

Can you tell we're new at this?

• Like 1

Restaurant bookings start 120 days out. If you want to go to Silver Note book at 120 days. It is small and some obviously book multiple nights. We were booking about 100 nights out on both the Moon and dawn and could only get a couple of wait lists. But telling the restaurant manager got us a booking a day ahead at our preferred early time.

Atlantide and SALT do not have to be booked before hand. but if you want to have a large table let them know beforehand.

Edited by drron29

16 hours ago, nfcu said:

I agree, basically.  Nice to have the one big restaurant with changing menus.  And Whisper does have an Italian and a steak place, I think?  So that takes care of the two specialty cuisines we care about.  [Not planning to spend the big bucks on La Dame, based on the reviews I've read.]

16 hours ago, canderson said:

Does SS produce, on request, the menus for a voyage once onboard, or at least provide what will be available the next night to assist in decision making? 

You can have a preview main menu delivered to your suite the day before--helpful for people with diet restrictions. On the Explorer recently, a friend with Celiac was able to request modifications, such as "please make the crab cakes without bread crumbs". They also post all menus on the TV the day of. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Gourmet Gal said:

On a long cruise it’s nice to have more dining options.  The upcharge for La Dame isn’t exactly big bucks nor is it Michelin level but it’s good for a change of venue on the newer ships.

Do you know the price of the upgraded wine pairing at La Dame?  

8 hours ago, FauxNom said:

You can have a preview main menu delivered to your suite the day before--

Good if reservations are often available 'day before', otherwise...

I was able to get the 14 day rotations from the concierge in Michael's on Celebrity.  Handed him a thumb drive, and voila!

As a Crystal refugee (who is not going back), had it not been for Crystal's demise, we would not have found Silversea.  We love it.  Our favorite of all the luxury lines.  We are boarding Moon for the 3rd time this July (3 weeks in Iceland) and have 4 more SS cruises booked after that. I think it's better than Regent or Seabourn (but I will sail those lines based on itinerary).  I found enrichment and entertainment on par with Crystal.  Every cruise is different.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, bitob said:

As a Crystal refugee (who is not going back), had it not been for Crystal's demise, we would not have found Silversea.  We love it.  Our favorite of all the luxury lines.  We are boarding Moon for the 3rd time this July (3 weeks in Iceland) and have 4 more SS cruises booked after that. I think it's better than Regent or Seabourn (but I will sail those lines based on itinerary).  I found enrichment and entertainment on par with Crystal.  Every cruise is different.

Silversea is not known for it entertainment especially at the moment.

I'm not sure about Regent,you would know more.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

Silversea is not known for it entertainment especially at the moment.

I'm not sure about Regent,you would know more.

Their ensemble singers blew us away. Fantastic on both cruises. Regent has upped its game. Just off seabourn. Entertainment better than ever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bitob said:

Bitob… my husband and I are on 7/14 Moon R/T Reykjavik. Will you be onboard then?  Would love to meet you!  Enjoy your posts.   Pat &John

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Snuffie said:

Bitob… my husband and I are on 7/14 Moon R/T Reykjavik. Will you be onboard then?  Would love to meet you!  Enjoy your posts.   Pat &John

Yes yes 

Terry is going to give you my email

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Snuffie said:

I Just emailed you!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tipsygirl said:

I am interested in information on the Silversea air program. 

Cindy

That query is a little vague and that topic has been covered so many times.  I’d like to suggest you do a search of this SS forum and read the numerous threads and posts then start your own thread if you still have questions.

• Like 2

On 6/7/2023 at 5:34 PM, Sthrngary said:

I learned all I could, went on Crystal and had a OK but not great time.

But I have to say, I greatly enjoyed your stories from that trip Gary….or do you prefer “Pink Socks”????  🙂

Edited by johng75370
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, johng75370 said:

But I have to say, I greatly enjoyed your stories from that trip Gary….or do you prefer “Pink Socks”????  🙂

@johng75370 I will take "Pink Socks".  The Crystal Ship had 200 guests out of 900.  The guests onboard were mostly Crystal's most loyal.  Some thought they owned the brand and wanted everyone to know that.  If the ship was filled, these guest would have simply not been so obvious.  The food was over the top great from the pool grill to the Asian Restaurants.  My butler, Egnin was a new level of GREAT.

I choose the wrong time to cruise.  It was just to soon.  My mistake.

Cruise well and thank you from Pink Socks.

• Like 1