Transfer Question

krufrank

Never used Princess Transfers before.  We fly into LAX the DAY BEFORE cruise. If we got a transfer will they take us from airport to hotel OR is the transfer only good from airport to dock?

Also, the cruise leaves from Port of San Pedro (even though itineray says LA is starting point).  Will the transfers pick us up and drop us off at LAX??

9 minutes ago, krufrank said:

Never used Princess Transfers before.  We fly into LAX the DAY BEFORE cruise. If we got a transfer will they take us from airport to hotel OR is the transfer only good from airport to dock?

Also, the cruise leaves from Port of San Pedro (even though itineray says LA is starting point).  Will the transfers pick us up and drop us off at LAX??

Transfers are from and to the.airport. If you have purchased hotel through Princess they will take you to the assigned hotel and to the pier. Otherwise you need to get to and from the airport and your chosen hotel

• Like 1

Is this a pre-cruise hotel package with transfers? If so, all will be taken care of. If this is an independent hotel stay and transferring to San Pedro, which IS the Port of Los Angeles, use the hotel airport shuttle for your hotel stay and then either Uber/Lyft from there to the cruise port or take the hotel shuttle back to LAX and catch the Princess x-fer bus to the cruise port. Easier than it sounds.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

Is this a pre-cruise hotel package with transfers? If so, all will be taken care of. If this is an independent hotel stay and transferring to San Pedro, which IS the Port of Los Angeles, use the hotel airport shuttle for your hotel stay and then either Uber/Lyft from there to the cruise port or take the hotel shuttle back to LAX and catch the Princess x-fer bus to the cruise port. Easier than it sounds.

We fly into LAX the night before. 
Booked a hotel in San Pedro (near docks) independent of Princess. 
Does that mean I can’t use Princess transfer from airport to hotel (if I purchase one )??

I did purchase transfers from ship to LAX at conclusion of trip. 

1 minute ago, krufrank said:

Does that mean I can’t use Princess transfer from airport to hotel (if I purchase one )??

Correct, you cannot purchase a transfer from Princess from LAX to your privately booked hotel.  It must be a hotel booked through Princess.  In this instance Princess will transfer you to the hotel and from the hotel to the port the next day.

1 minute ago, krufrank said:

I'll tell you what I would do.  Talk to hotel about best way to get from LAX.  Hotel might have a shuttle or make arrangements.  Worst case they will recommend something.   

Keep the Princess transfer from ship to LAX at end of trip.  Princess x-fers have worked pretty well for us in the past.  

You can not use the Princess transfer. Princess transfers are from the airport to the pier. I would try to cancel the transfer. The hotels I have stayed at in San Pedro all have shuttles to the ship.

Regarding San Pedro. San Pedro is within the Los Angles city limits and is the port of Los Angeles. It is around a 45 minute drive from LAX without traffic delays. 

11 minutes ago, skynight said:

San Pedro is within the Los Angles city limits and is the port of Los Angeles. It is around a 45 minute drive from LAX without traffic delays. 

It seems that half the towns in LA county are actually part of the city of Los Angeles.  It can be confusing.   

17 minutes ago, ldubs said:

I'll tell you what I would do.  Talk to hotel about best way to get from LAX.  Hotel might have a shuttle or make arrangements.  Worst case they will recommend something.   

Keep the Princess transfer from ship to LAX at end of trip.  Princess x-fers have worked pretty well for us in the past.  

That’s what we will do for sure. Thanks. 

19 minutes ago, krufrank said:

We flew into LAX the night before our cruise, but we stayed at a hotel near the airport.  We used the free hotel shuttle to get to the hotel from the airport.  In the morning we used the free hotel shuttle to return to the airport location where the Princess transfer was leaving from.

As others have mentioned, the transfer from Princess is only from the airport to the ship (unless your hotel was booked through Princess).

Princess transfers operate the day of airport arrival to the port and disembarkation  day to the airport.

No hotel has shuttles from LAX to San Pedro. It is too far. We took an Uber in 2018. Back then, it was about $30.00

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nini said:

Princess transfers operate the day of airport arrival to the port and disembarkation  day to the airport.

No hotel has shuttles from LAX to San Pedro. It is too far. We took an Uber in 2018. Back then, it was about $30.00

Called our hotel - no shuttle. Uber from LAX to hotel in San Pedro looks to be about $60. Oh well. 

2 hours ago, krufrank said:

Called our hotel - no shuttle. Uber from LAX to hotel in San Pedro looks to be about $60. Oh well. 

No there would not be a dedicated hotel shuttle from LAX airport to your San Pedro hotel. ( not close enough)

And $60 Uber or Lyft is not a bad price ,it does fluctuate  depending on the time of day and or the day of the week. I do believe the Princess transfer bus that you are signed up for from the ship back to the airport is $29 a person .I would skip all the Princess transfer buses and just take Uber or Lyft or some sort of van shuttle service , so Much easier in my opinion. You get much more personal service than waiting for a whole bus to load up and drop everybody off at each terminal at LAX.

Edited by arizonaperson

5 hours ago, ldubs said:

It seems that half the towns in LA county are actually part of the city of Los Angeles.  It can be confusing.   

They are part of LA because of water rights. It was the only way they could supply water to residents because LA back in the early days secured the water rights.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ldubs said:

They are not in the city they are COUNTY. Los Angeles is a very big county. If staying at the Doubletree Hotel in San Pedro they have complimentary shuttles to the pier. 

2 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

They are not in the city they are COUNTY. Los Angeles is a very big county. If staying at the Doubletree Hotel in San Pedro they have complimentary shuttles to the pier. 

They are in the city of Los Angeles.    San Pedro and a long list of other places like Venice, Marina Del Rey, & Hollywood are essentially neighborhoods within the city of Los Angeles.  Of course, the city of Los Angeles is one of many cities in the county of Los Angeles.  And there are other separate incorporated cities within Los Angeles County, like Pasadena or Santa Monica.  

• Like 1