CruiseNext Triple Up Offer

Anyone ever tried unapplying an applied certificate?   I have two applied to a June 2024 cruise.   I am thinking I should try to unapply one of them to then apply that one to our February 2024 cruise as the third certificate.  Then in August I can buy more for the June 2024 cruise.  Makes sense?

41 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Anyone ever tried unapplying an applied certificate?   I have two applied to a June 2024 cruise.   I am thinking I should try to unapply one of them to then apply that one to our February 2024 cruise as the third certificate.  Then in August I can buy more for the June 2024 cruise.  Makes sense?

Yes, I've done that but the transfer back might not be immediate, so no guarantee that you will get them back in time.

I guess I didn’t understand how this works. You have purchased these certificates on cruises and banked them into your accounts. Is that the only way to get CruiseNext certificates? I am confusing these with my Cruisefirst deposit my PCC applied when I signed on. 
So many tips and tricks to learn!

15 minutes ago, emmajo said:

I have no certificates in my account so how do I get them? Thanks.

They are something that you buy onboard, in advance.  If you don't have any now and you aren't currently on a cruise, your only option is to buy them online from a 3rd party.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, emmajo said:

I guess I didn’t understand how this works. You have purchased these certificates on cruises and banked them into your accounts. Is that the only way to get CruiseNext certificates? I am confusing these with my Cruisefirst deposit my PCC applied when I signed on. 
So many tips and tricks to learn!

Yes, the only way to get them is to buy them onboard.  They are transferable and there are sites that hook up buyers and sellers.  CC does not allow that here.

For future referee, the certificates generally cost $125 each as long as you purchase at least two.  Each one gives you $250 toward the cost of a future trip.  The normal rules are that you can one or two for each trip.  This promotion allows you to use three for a balcony or above cabin on a sailing 120 days out from sailing.

I tried to apply a 3rd one through the website to an existing reservation for an inside cabin....no dice.  I figured it couldn't hurt to try.  We've applied 2 before when Norwegian told us we could only use one. But yay! for all you balcony people.  I love discounts!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JustJanet2U said:

I tried to apply a 3rd one through the website to an existing reservation for an inside cabin....no dice.  I figured it couldn't hurt to try.  We've applied 2 before when Norwegian told us we could only use one. But yay! for all you balcony people.  I love discounts!

Thanks for sharing that.  I am an inside peasant and cheap (same thing), so any opportunity to add another free $125 to my balance sheet is certainly of interest.  I started slow with CruiseNext.  Two in January, immediately applied during a double up promo.  Four more in April, eventually applied during double up promos for both us and DD.  I'll buy at least four more next cruise, likely eight if I can buy that many or I can buy four and DW can buy four.  😎

THANK YOU for this notice--I had one I thought I'd try to sell. Instead I just applied it to our Nov. sailing. (did it right on the website)

YES!

Edited by KKB
  • Like 2

I would like to advise you of something.  I hope to not get spanked for this.

there is a site on the big social media platform that is named something like buy and sell cruise next certificates.  If you search for it, you will find it.   People there post CN and CF certificates that they have to sell.  For whatever reason, they can not use them and typically you can buy them for less than you would have onboard (or in the case of CF, at purchase).  You can purchase them and use them and it’s done safely..  I know this because I sold a $500 CF yesterday and received my payment via PayPal within minutes.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, pghflyer said:

my agent said they called NCL and were told it was still 1 certificate per passenger (we are in a balcony on a April 2025 cruise that has gone up about 40% since we booked)

CN are applied per reservation, not per passenger, so that's incorrect. If you already have the certs on your account, your TA should be able to apply them as a form of payment.

1 minute ago, nhtravels said:

Thank you for posting!  I added one to our January cruise (too late for this October) Now thinking I need to book for next fall to use the 3 I have left.  Then watch for price drops of course! 

Be careful.  If you use a double-up promotion and do a price adjustment, they now take the 2nd CN certificate off of the reservation if there is no applicable double-up at the time.  It seems like the triple-up promo from January went under the radar (stayed on reservation even with a price drop) but that could change at any time.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

I would like to advise you of something.  I hope to not get spanked for this.

there is a site on the big social media platform that is named something like buy and sell cruise next certificates.  If you search for it, you will find it.   People there post CN and CF certificates that they have to sell.  

Thanks for that @MagnoliaBlossom but amazed how many people there are begging to be scammed taking Zelle and Venmo payments, neither of which really protect the seller after they transfer their certificate.

I had two cruise next certificates so I was able to apply mine to two current reservations. It was great timing as one of my reservations has the final payment due soon. I read on another post the offer expires on June 27. 

Edited by genealogyfan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, macewank said:

As a solo, it's really annoying that these offers never apply to studios or other inside cabins. Really devalues the cruisenext program for us. 

Hi,

Every now and then, NCL will allow you to apply a double up CruiseNext promo to any cabin category, including studio, inside and ocean view. It has nothing to do with whether you are traveling solo or sharing a cabin. Keep an eye out for holiday promotions, often with a very short time window. I have successfully applied double up promos for studio cabins when it opens to all categories.

2 hours ago, macewank said:

As a solo, it's really annoying that these offers never apply to studios or other inside cabins.

cruise FIRST certificates may be for you... they can be used on sailings of six days or longer for all cabin categories up to and including club balcony.

4 hours ago, macewank said:

As a solo, it's really annoying that these offers never apply to studios or other inside cabins. Really devalues the cruisenext program for us. 

To my knowledge, this is only the 2nd time they've done a triple-up promo, maybe someday they will do an "any cabin".  However, double-up applies to any cabin fairly often - I often book OV as a solo and nearly always have 2 CNs on my booking.

This thread is the reason I read CC. I applied two additional CN's to 2 cruises we have coming up. I never would have known it was available without this thread.

Sure, I would have used them eventually, but I'm not one that likes cash stuffed under my mattress.

Edited by RoundGuy2771
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1