I'm packing the Gold & White, though the Medallion App states the event has reached capacity

melodyina

I'm still packing.. the Gold & White for the Love Boat Piazza Party, though I am unable to confirm it on the Medallion App as the event has reached capacity (150). 

Seriously though, its at 10:15pm surely someone will bail out and make room for just little me, right?  After all I just got my white pants fresh from Ebay in the mail today, and only have to hem about 3".. and my gold top  looks great - lets just hope there is air conditioning 🙂 in the Piazza.  I found the most PERFECT sandals at the thrift store for $5.99.. OMG they are inspiring and yes GOLD ACCENTED!  How can I go wrong?  I'll look like a million bucks.. I"ll still show up.. 🙂 I'll update with a photo of my beautiful plus size , mid sixties self trying to merge in.  I'm sure hubby will be asleep by then... Inspiring words always bring a smile!   PS:  I just found gold glitter polish for my own self pedicure and manicure, after I soften up soaking up at Princess Cays and retreat to my stateroom.   

Edited by melodyina
added the nail polish
  • Like 3
  • Haha 9

9 minutes ago, melodyina said:

I'm still packing.. the Gold & White for the Love Boat Piazza Party, though I am unable to confirm it on the Medallion App as the event has reached capacity (150). 

Seriously though, its at 10:15pm surely someone will bail out and make room for just little me, right?  After all I just got my white pants fresh from Ebay in the mail today, and only have to hem about 3".. and my gold top  looks great - lets just hope there is air conditioning 🙂 in the Piazza.  I found the most PERFECT sandals at the thrift store for $5.99.. OMG they are inspiring and yes GOLD ACCENTED!  How can I go wrong?  I'll look like a million bucks.. I"ll still show up.. 🙂 I'll update with a photo of my beautiful plus size , mid sixties self trying to merge in.  I'm sure hubby will be asleep by then... Inspiring words always bring a smile!   PS:  I just found gold glitter polish for my own self pedicure and manicure, after I soften up soaking up at Princess Cays and retreat to my stateroom.   

You are too funny!  Don’t worry about the capacity.  That is for them to get an idea how many will attend and for you to make a note of the event.  I highly doubt it will be full capacity. 😂  Not at that hour!  😴 

• Like 2

Don’t pay any attention to the nay sayers.  You go in your White and Gold outfit and you’ll have a blast!  Attitude is everything and you have it in spades.  Have fun and please post some photos!

• Like 6

We were on a CA coastal cruise in April, and I was surprised at how many people dressed up, had photos taken, etc.   It was fun to watch. 

So if that makes you happy, go for it!   You’ll have plenty of company. 
Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

Absolutely nothing on the app that indicates the number of people or whether it is full or not means anything at all. It's idiotic that the "function" is even there. Ignore what it says for any event and just show up.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I concur - capacity number means NOTHING for the Princess activities. Guaranteed.

As does the "Gold and White" attire theme. Does not matter. People just wear what they want.

(I was on the Majestic Princess in May)

Edited by MLBFan24

1 hour ago, memoak said:

The app just show those who tapped on the event sometimes just to see what it is. That capacity means nothing

sounds good but i'm unable to even tap on it as the capacity is full.  I'll be there though! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Absolutely nothing on the app that indicates the number of people or whether it is full or not means anything at all. It's idiotic that the "function" is even there. Ignore what it says for any event and just show up.

Awesome Blossom!  I've 'confirmed' many events and I know it just places on my daily planner.  I'm liking this app approach, no longer need to hilight the platter and/or carry it with me to see plan B when plan A is too full (like lounge events)...  

39 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

It is hard to believe that people actually take these color coded events seriously.. 

DON

LOL  It's hard to believe that you believe people actually take these color coded events seriously.  Seriously! Do you also say the same about Halloween parties?   JUST KIDDING YOU!  . Not my cup of tea but it makes a lot of people happy.  Live and let live and try not to be a naysayaer.  Let your hair down............. unless there isn't much left.  

Edited by lolane1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, melodyina said:

Crack on love, ignore the haters and CRACK ON!!!😍

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, lolane1 said:

LOL  It's hard to believe that you believe people actually take these color coded events seriously.  Seriously! Do you also say the same about Halloween parties?   JUST KIDDING YOU!  . Not my cup of tea but it makes a lot of people happy.  Live and let live and try not to be a naysayaer.  Let your hair down............. unless there isn't much left.  

We have done a fair bit of Azamara cruising in the past.  I have an all black outfit that I wear on white night.  My wife says that I am being totally ridiculous and I agree that am being ridiculous.   As far as Halloween is concerned it is a great holiday for the kids.  If I went trick or treating with my shot glass do you think that they would fill it at each stop.  I might feel differently about Halloween then.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

15 hours ago, Thrak said:

Yes. Dumbest function on the stupid app. It just confuses people. 

14 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

We love the Love Boat piazza party!  We were chosen for the games portion and were runners up to the winners. They gave us Love themed strawberry drinks, and we sat in the little VIP section with Fiona Luck. It was a really fun time.

We were also chosen for the Piazza games. We were the first couple out. Probably had something to do with trying to untie the ropes in a long formal. Actually worked out perfect; We had a front row seat in a roped out area and lots of drinks while the games continued. Our little granddaughters were able to join us and Fortuna came and sat and talked with them. It was the only night all 15 day cruise we actually had seats in the Piazza at night. The dancing, the confetti drop and the music- it was so much fun for our whole family.

0036f36a-795b-4171-861c-33deb802e337.JPG

IMG_2369.jpg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, tutumomickey said:

We were also chosen for the Piazza games. We were the first couple out. Probably had something to do with trying to untie the ropes in a long formal. Actually worked out perfect; We had a front row seat in a roped out area and lots of drinks while the games continued. Our little granddaughters were able to join us and Fortuna came and sat and talked with them. It was the only night all 15 day cruise we actually had seats in the Piazza at night. The dancing, the confetti drop and the music- it was so much fun for our whole family.

0036f36a-795b-4171-861c-33deb802e337.JPG

IMG_2369.jpg

What a fun evening!  Yes, Fortuna Luck, I made an error typing Fiona.  

I think we had the advantage too, of dressing for the theme as a family. They let our children sit with us too, as the chairs are giant and two easily fit.  Strawberry drinks were soooo sweet!

I remember doing the rope fooling around during VBS a few years back, if it weren't for that, we'd be out first round also. 

12 hours ago, donaldsc said:

We have done a fair bit of Azamara cruising in the past.  I have an all black outfit that I wear on white night.  My wife says that I am being totally ridiculous and I agree that am being ridiculous.   As far as Halloween is concerned it is a great holiday for the kids.  If I went trick or treating with my shot glass do you think that they would fill it at each stop.  I might feel differently about Halloween then.

DON

Yay Don, You have redeemed yourself!!  I think for those of us who may be past dressing up for Halloween  the shot glass idea is F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!  There comes a certain point in time when dressing up is is passe - an all black outfit, super! It's NYC's standard attire. You'd fit right in. 

Edited by lolane1

20 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I might ask, when does the Gold & White Party information show upon the App? We’re boarding the Diamond in a couple of weeks and don’t see any mention of it or any other events in the JourneyView Activities Timeline yet.

launch the princess app, then swipe up until you see Journey View, click on JourneyView Activities (right arrow) and scroll across each day.  Look for something at the 10pm slot called The Love Boat Piazza Party.. mine is on a Thursday at 10:15pm. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, donaldsc said:

It is hard to believe that people actually take these color coded events seriously.. 

DON

That's me!  Believe me I would never have worn gold and white anywhere - especially in my rural area.  Its nice to have a fun focus for something.. but will admit,  I've not packed disco wear or 60's sock hop or whatever else i've seen through the years.. but we will give this a try. 

On 6/24/2023 at 2:31 PM, Thrak said:

perhaps the app has gone through an upgrade, as it does show you with a sliding bar the activity, then when you go into the event you click on who's coming (it shows everyone on my travel party- there's 4 of us) you click on those in your party who are interested and then you bookmark.  The guest count (and bar) increases.  not detailed at who for all to see , but the count is there.   If capacity is reached it states so, and you cannot bookmark or click on the travel profiles to bookmark.