Big news tomorrow (apparently!)

killarneylady

4 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

It will be cute if the email has nothing to do with Coco Cay. it might be Perfect Day at Labadee, Perfect Day at Freeport  or it could be that "Perfect Day is a misdirection. 

Post #47

I posted a screenshot, this is off Cel site. 

Patty 

3 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

If I wanted to go to Coco Cay I would have continued sailing Royal instead of switching to Celebrity. I was looking for a different experience. I hope they don’t continue to diminish the product at Celebrity…

Underway as we speak 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

It will be cute if the email has nothing to do with Coco Cay. it might be Perfect Day at Labadee, Perfect Day at Freeport  or it could be that "Perfect Day is a misdirection. 

The news is that everyone is being allowed into Blu and Luminae.

• Haha 6

Ok let me get this straight they now are imitating Royal Caribbean- Cococay, dining menu, cutbacks, etc. 

Why are we paying a premium so sail on smaller ships that are turning into the Royal Caribbean Walmart experience? For an adult experience? The short cruise market and Cococay will eliminate that real quick. So???

• Like 1

Celebrity is bringing back the welcome abroad champagne, midnight buffet, ice sculptures and the Swan Puff Pastry. I guess I will have to set my clock and wake up very early to find out. Getting ready for bed - this is like  The Night before Christmas!

Edited by JLMcruise
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

Ok let me get this straight they now are imitating Royal Caribbean- Cococay, dining menu, cutbacks, etc. 

Why are we paying a premium so sail on smaller ships that are turning into the Royal Caribbean Walmart experience? For an adult experience? The short cruise market and Cococay will eliminate that real quick. So???

As I was saying above, if you booked X for the minimal kid experience and your sailing goes to CoCo Cay, expect a lot more kids

• Like 5

1 minute ago, JLMcruise said:

Celebrity is bringing back the welcome abroad champagne, midnight buffet, ice sculptures and the Swan Puff Pastry. I guess I will have to set my clock and wake up very early to find out. Getting ready for bed - this is like tis The Night before Christmas!

Reportedly you can find it on some ships at the Cafe.  It was not the case on the Beyond last month, though

4 minutes ago, JLMcruise said:

Celebrity is bringing back the welcome abroad champagne, midnight buffet, ice sculptures and the Swan Puff Pastry. I guess I will have to set my clock and wake up very early to find out. Getting ready for bed - this is like  The Night before Christmas!

I’m waiting for the Beluga caviar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cw2go said:

Post #47

I posted a screenshot, this is off Cel site. 

Patty 

Cool. I could not read that screenshot on the device I was using. I can read it now on my computer. So we all did guess right that they were going to Coco Cay. 

• Like 1

Bleh. No interest in Coco Cay or Labadee. Hopefully it’s limited to short itineraries and the decent Eastern Caribbean seven night cruises have more interesting ports.

The new President was heavily involved in the creation of Coco Cay so this move isn’t a big surprise.

• Like 1

Uh oh!  I happened to be checking prices on the Beyond Europe in Summer 2024 because they had an itinerary I really liked and I’ve been checking prices on and off. Well….tonight all the sailings on the Beyond for Summer 2024 are closed out and the transatlantic sailing in the Spring 2024 is closed out too!

If you look closely at the image in the email it shows the Beyond. My guess is it is being redeployed and kept in the Caribbean for Summer 2024. 

28411F58-097C-4679-836E-8C26838B689C.thumb.jpeg.bb4bc3a5b09c486813c9b792d01a4867.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JLMcruise said:

Like JLMcruise said!!  (Clapping with glee) Ice sculptures being brought back??  Cool!!!

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Reportedly you can find it on some ships at the Cafe.  It was not the case on the Beyond last month, though

8 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Uh oh!  I happened to be checking prices on the Beyond Europe in Summer 2024 because they had an itinerary I really liked and I’ve been checking prices on and off. Well….tonight all the sailings on the Beyond for Summer 2024 are closed out and the transatlantic sailing in the Spring 2024 is closed out too!

If you look closely at the image in the email it shows the Beyond. My guess is it is being redeployed and kept in the Caribbean for Summer 2024. 

28411F58-097C-4679-836E-8C26838B689C.thumb.jpeg.bb4bc3a5b09c486813c9b792d01a4867.jpeg

That’s a nice ship.  What a waste.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Good guess! It looks like it's all gone, even from other booking sites...

Grrr, we thought we'd actually make Croatia after having it pushed forward several times due to C19. Guess it's just not meant to be!

• Like 1

If it turns out to be a Perfect Day at Coco Cay instead I can understand why they'd add it - there's a lotsa $$$ to be made 😉

The Cabana rentals for your visit there alone will bring in the big bucks.  Depending on the location/type of cabana - and if there are any specials  going on - count on starting at $400 - $1300 (Chill Island, South Beach, Oasis Lagoon), $700 - $1600 (Thrill Waterpark), $1200 - $2400 (Coco Beach Club), $1500 - $3850 (Coco Beach Club Overwater). 

If you're not already familiar with RCI's offerings there, here's a good primer on what's available and what costs extra with them (of course Celebrity mileage may vary):

30 Things to Know About Perfect Day at CocoCay Bahamas (2023) (cruisehive.com)

3 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

his is a CC email and nothing mentions anything about Perfect Day at Coco Cay.

It absolutely is related to CocoCay. Perfect Day® is registered intellectual property of RCL. No one at RCL would keep their job if they misused that marketing term in any other way.

• Like 1

Royal Caribbean has stated “perfect day” is a brand to them and something they can do at multiple places, so it is possible celebrity could be creating their own version of that somewhere in the future. However, for now I do think it will be coco cay (that island prints money for the company) Who knows, maybe they got jealous of what princess announced, and will be adding ropes courses and roller coasters to all ships as well as sponsoring NASCAR. 

Unbelievable.....in about 6+ months I have watched Celebrity spiral down from a top-notch line that hovers just below a luxury line (which BTW is why they have done so well over the years) to hovering just above the Carnivals, Royal Caribbean and NCL lines.  What a shame and I think I will have to stick with HAL who seems to be cashing in on the mistakes that Celebrity seems focused on.  HAL seems to be going in the other direction and will attract many folks who are disappointed in Celebrity's strategic plan (or lack of). 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, DC1andDC2 said:

Unbelievable.....in about 6+ months I have watched Celebrity spiral down from a top-notch line that hovers just below a luxury line (which BTW is why they have done so well over the years) to hovering just above the Carnivals, Royal Caribbean and NCL lines.  What a shame and I think I will have to stick with HAL who seems to be cashing in on the mistakes that Celebrity seems focused on.  HAL seems to be going in the other direction and will attract many folks who are disappointed in Celebrity's strategic plan (or lack of). 

It’s pretty clear they have no idea what what direction they are trying to take the line in and they’re throwing darts at the board hoping something sticks and make them a pile of money.

“Modern luxury” but cutting all the things that made it luxurious, advertising an upscale adult atmosphere but sailing to a private island built on water parks and thrills, expensive pricing but cutting back service and food. 

Everything they’re doing is contradictory to their advertisements and brand. 

I can see the direction they are going- the big question is why? They have Royal Caribbean already. Why have a 2.0?

54 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

I wonder if MSC is getting a bigger share of the Med. market and X is looking for more US guests?

We will be on Beyond on Jan. 2nd. 2024. 

25 minutes ago, DC1andDC2 said:

We had friends that did the Reflection TA with us in April , they also did a HAL cruise a couple of weeks later , the food and wine was so so , the music was better 

They thought Celebrity was better