Getting Retreat access for a second cabin during booking?

Kevin

4 minutes ago, soniam said:

I remember seeing something about this, but I can't remember where. I did find a Cruise Critic thread and a corporate page for Celebrity that mentions these "family suites" where one room is a suite and the connecting room is not. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2562137-connecting-cabins-on-the-edge-lots-of-interesting-options/

https://www.celebritycorporatekit.com/content/uploads/2017/07/Edge_Fact_Sheet.pdf

Check out the fine print: Sky Family Suite* (SF) *combination of Sky Suite and Sunset Veranda, available seasonally If i am not mistaken it is/was available on holiday sailings, not year round.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

There is sometimes an option to purchase retreat benefits for others sailing with you but not in a suite. If it is offered it is only offered to the highest level suites and costs about $100 PP PD for the whole cruise. With the way suites have been selling it is probably not available that often.

The problem is if you look at the screen shots it specifically says The Retreat on the upgrade option for the Veranda.  It also shows Retreat on the price breakdown of the Veranda.  Another great example of Celebrity IT.  This is not right if someone is not watching this closely they would assume they purchased the Retreat upgrade on the veranda.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

Yes to the mock booking,  That is how I ended up getting the screen captures as I didn't think to get them from my actual booking.

While the web site indicates it is adding Retreat benefits, what actually gets added is the all included package.

@Kevin  Stick to your guns.   I'd assume they have escalated this to the resolutions department.  If you didn't have the screen shots you wouldn't have a chance.  Since you have the screen shots there is a chance they will honor it although they have been reneging on many errors lately. 

This is a case where a good TA can be a help as they have other channels to get these types of issues resolved.   I had a similar issue awhile back and it did get resolved in my favor (but not retreat access) but my TA had used his sales support channels.

Probably fruitless to respond to others here as the only thing that counts at this point is if Celebrity will honor it's misrepresentation presented to you during the sales process and including in the sale summary before you pushed "Book It".

• Like 1

Personally, I find it very strange that Celebrity would build a ship with connecting non-suites to a suite without an option to get access to the Retreat if all booked together.  I've been following this thread because if it is possible, then the Beyond might be a possibility for a family cruise we are planning.  But if not, we will be looking at another line as two suites for one of the families traveling with us is out of the budget (but one plus a non-suite is not).

Please let us know how it all ends.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, micruiser2002 said:

I am able to see the exact same wording on a mock booking.  Here is the option on the Veranda cabin - image.png.dde12f524be62db84f23a1b9cc832922.png

Here is the price breakdown of the Veranda which again says The Retreat - image.png.9c69ca0eea679abf2dc8052e0f0d59f3.png

Obviously this is messed up.  The selection says continue with All Included. It does not say continue with the Retreat.   But the rest implies Retreat. It is either the Retreat or it is an error.  OP, good luck.

it does state MDR dining and Retreat dining would be the Luminae.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 1

On 7/2/2023 at 8:23 PM, CHEZMARYLOU said:

There is sometimes an option to purchase retreat benefits for others sailing with you but not in a suite. If it is offered it is only offered to the highest level suites and costs about $100 PP PD for the whole cruise. With the way suites have been selling it is probably not available that often.

This is what I remember too.  The option to pay for the suite program for others traveling with you if in a RS or PH suite.  But a very limited program.

Edited by TeeRick
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

This is what I remember too.  The option to pay for the suite program for others traveling with you if in a RS or PH suite.  But a very limited program.

I've seen this option online too.

My thoughts were that it was aimed at families traveling with adult family members who wanted a separate cabin for sleeping. 😉

I was promised a call back from Celebrity today, no call yet.

Does anyone have email addresses or phone numbers that might get me connected to someone with some level of authority?

So far I have only been allowed to speak to reservations and someone at The Retreat number.  Neither of whom was any help at all.

I just sent an email off to ExecutiveOffice@celebrity.com.

Anyone have a better phone number or email that typically gets a response from a person?

7 minutes ago, jelayne said:

If you provided a phone $ the mail to executive office that should get you a call.  They are pretty busy right now with the emails re the vaping test.

You beat me to it. 😉 😁

Edited by C-Dragons

If you look at this deck plan for the Beyond they show an inside cabin connected to a Magic Carpet Suite.  
I don’t know how you get them booked together but they must offer the Retreat Amenities for the inside cabin if they are 

EG cabin 10180 and 10178

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

IMG_0616.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, miched said:

If you look at this deck plan for the Beyond they show an inside cabin connected to a Magic Carpet Suite.  
I don’t know how you get them booked together but they must offer the Retreat Amenities for the inside cabin if they are 

EG cabin 10180 and 10178

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

IMG_0616.png

I was able to do a mock booking, if you book 2 cabins and select the inside first then the magic carpet suite it will give you the option to upgrade with Retreat.  I saw exactly what the original poster has.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

I was able to do a mock booking, if you book 2 cabins and select the inside first then the magic carpet suite it will give you the option to upgrade with Retreat.  I saw exactly what the original poster has.  

Thanks for the info.    This is good info to know incase family members may want to cruise  with us 

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I believe there's a hallway door that goes to a vestibule and inside that are the doors to the magic carpet sky suite and the inside cabin. They don't have a connecting door directly from one into the other.

Edited by twins_to_alaska

8 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

I believe there's a hallway door that goes to a vestibule and inside that are the doors to the magic carpet sky suite and the inside cabin. They don't have a connecting door directly from one into the other.

I thought that little line between the 2 cabins meant they are connecting rooms.

Although it would be nice for X to have the ability to book cabins adjacent to suites with Retreat perks, this does appear to be an error on the website.  For example, you're able to book a guarantee inside cabin and a Sky Suite (not connected) within the same booking and chose the Retreat option for the inside room. In fact, you can book two non-Retreat rooms with the Retreat "upgrade" in conjunction with a Retreat room on more than just the Edge class ships.

27 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Although it would be nice for X to have the ability to book cabins adjacent to suites with Retreat perks, this does appear to be an error on the website.  For example, you're able to book a guarantee inside cabin and a Sky Suite (not connected) within the same booking and chose the Retreat option for the inside room. In fact, you can book two non-Retreat rooms with the Retreat "upgrade" in conjunction with a Retreat room on more than just the Edge class ships.

That must be another IT snafu.  Unless they get this fixed the  already crowded Retreat will be overrun with guests who paid a whole lot less than those who paid a premium for a “exclusive “ experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, micruiser2002 said:

I thought that little line between the 2 cabins meant they are connecting rooms.

They connect into a private little hallway, not through a wall from one cabin into the other. So you have to go through the main hallway door into the vestibule and then from there into the MC sky suite or the inside room. Could leave the two doors of the cabins open and still have the door to the hallway shut.

• Like 1

into.thumb.jpg.256e3571e3c8216da230cdb8669ce456.jpg

Similarly for MC sky suite 10168. Have to go through hallway door and then second door into the suite - like the aft corner family verandas on the M class ships. The sky suite 10166 has a door also into the vestibule so it can be connected through that with the MC sky suite. 10166's entrance door (to enter with key card) is the main hallway one.

On 7/2/2023 at 8:02 PM, micruiser2002 said:

That is not what this person is talking about.  On the ships with the Sky Suites and connected Verandas there is an option to purchase the Retreat benefits for the 2nd cabin.  If you look at the previous screen shots you can see this option is there for the veranda cabin.

The option in the screen shot, if you actually read it, only gives the AL perks.  Not the retreat access, etc.

12 minutes ago, LMHSRN said:

The option in the screen shot, if you actually read it, only gives the AL perks.  Not the retreat access, etc.

And if you continue to read my other posts you will see that it does say RETREAT.  Same as the original poster was seeing.

image.png.dde12f524be62db84f23a1b9cc832922.png

image.png.9c69ca0eea679abf2dc8052e0f0d59f3.png