Does Cunard still mail a "Your Voyage" book including luggage tags

Dranuc2016

5 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

And if you're in Australia your booklet will be awaiting you on your return home from your cruise! They don't seem to allow for the fact that the post might take a bit longer to get here.

Or that one might be away from home we’ll before the trip. I used QM2 to return home a few times when teaching in the UK and Ireland. Always had a nice booklet waiting for me at home.

9 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

No need  to stick anything.

Print the labels off and fold them into one of these, which we have been using for many years with the previously supplied labels.

http://www.thanetdirect.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72&products_id=196

I too have been using these for many years and find them to be robust and very user-friendly.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MrsPeel55 said:

can anyone tell us what the size of the labels we will print are? 

If you print the labels at full size on A4 paper and fold them as instructed, you end up with a long narrow label designed to be looped and stapled around your luggage handle without the use of a separate luggage tag holder. That's what I do. The resulting dimensions of the labels folded that way are 11.7 inches x 1.5 inches.

I suspect those who use various sized luggage tag holders may fold their labels differently, perhaps ending up with something along the lines of 5.85 inches x 3 inches. They can confirm those details.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

If you print the labels at full size on A4 paper and fold them as instructed, you end up with a long narrow label designed to be looped and stapled around your luggage handle without the use of a separate luggage tag holder. That's what I do. The resulting dimensions of the labels folded that way are 11.7 inches x 1.5 inches.

I suspect those who use various sized luggage tag holders may fold their labels differently, perhaps ending up with something along the lines of 5.85 inches x 3 inches. They can confirm those details.

thanks, we found a couple of transparent tags that may fit them if they end up not being longer than 7 inches  🙂

If you fold as instructed printed to fit A4 paper they will be 3" wide.

If you fold all the end bits that are designed for stapling under and fold over so you just have the ticket detail double sided the length is 4¼".

The Amazon pouches we bought could take 3¼" wide and almost 6" long.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, D&N said:

If you fold as instructed printed to fit A4 paper they will be 3" wide.

If you fold all the end bits that are designed for stapling under and fold over so you just have the ticket detail double sided the length is 4¼".

The Amazon pouches we bought could take 3¼" wide and almost 6" long.

No, 1.5 ins. You have to fold again, I think.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

No, 1.5 ins. You have to fold again, I think.

It would be if you were using as intended.

For the pouch you need to fold the brightly coloured bits over on each other. Therefore you don't fold again or the other details are completely hidden.

I should probably have explained that in #34

And of course that's for the pouches we have. I suppose you could have much smaller pouches and not have all the info visible both sides.

And just to edit a third time here's a pic of one side. The reverse being similar but with name, phone and booking ref details.

Untitled.png

Edited by D&N
  • Like 3

I'm bookmarking this thread and will delegate to my daughter to do this when we get the thing for printing, probably get a set of holder from Amazon, I had a look at what @rakkor linked, and there are many that come 5 or 6 for a fiver (£5) we have a Prime account, but may wait till we get the labels, it maybe that they fit in what we already have 🙂

I print them at 130% then trim off the two sides along the B/D dotted line and the C/A dotted line in HH's screenshot and trim off the grey bits above V225 and below the cabin number - I find when folded longways and then in half they fit the pouches perfectly

Yikes..... that's 23 postings which just prove the point: just mail us a handful of real baggage labels along with a real ticket. Just like Cunard did for oh about 175 years. 

How difficult can it be?

The alternatives suggested make one's head spin.

• Like 1

Despite the instruction on the label not to remove them as they are used for both embarkation & disembarkation, we received specific labels for disembarkation on QV2 recently, “Purple 2” I think. I don’t know whether this is an anomaly Cunard haven’t got round to removing from the tags or whether there are any circumstances in which the original labels would be used for disembarkation. As far as I can remember, all of the bags set out in the arrivals hall had coloured & numbered disembarkation tags attached to them.  These were pretty sturdy when attached in accordance with the instructions but we still had other identification on our bags “just in case”. 

I print mine out then use the trusty old laminator (after the folding process, such a process), then punch a hole and use a cable tie.  I know, I know, it is so old school, but it gets my creative juices flowing for the upcoming cruise!

I do like the look of the examples shown on this thread though. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, alibabacruisers said:

I print mine out then use the trusty old laminator (after the folding process, such a process), then punch a hole and use a cable tie.  I know, I know, it is so old school, but it gets my creative juices flowing for the upcoming cruise!

I do like the look of the examples shown on this thread though. 

I do have a laminator.... but I'm lazy at this point of my life LOL

but old school is good!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MrsPeel55 said:

@Solent Richard  we had a couple Samsonite, excellent quality indeed,  lasted many of our South American trips (3 countries, almost 6 months escaping the English winter) the last one we have is on it's last legs after this past trip, you are inspiring me with the red, may have to get one of those!!!! gorgeous!!!!

I can recommend the C-lite which was the latest case to add to our Curve collection. We've had  Curve cases for nearly ten years and they have seen some action and are still going strong. As well as being one of the toughest, they're also one of the lightest brands on the market. Every little kilo helps, to misquote a well known supermarket's slogan.

Colours are a bit standard so they need personalising to stand out in the luggage hall.

• Like 1