Platinum dining vouchers

GORDONCHICK

Remind me - aren't these vouchers for specific restaurants?  Whereas the the dining package is for anywhere, though there still may be an upcharge depending what you order, right?  Seems like there's another difference that I'm not remembering.  Help me out guys!

Oh and I know wine comes wiith one of the Platinum meals, too.

Edited by GORDONCHICK

25 minutes ago, complawyer said:

cagneys, moderno, le bistro, la cucina. you get to choose 2 of the 4 specialty restaurants bpttle of wine with cagneys and le bisrto

You can use them pretty much anywhere now. I used it at food republic two days ago. Just depends on the menu items you want.

Food republic is 4 items per person vs others 1-1-1

Some ships still have the old voucher coupons, you can still use them anywhere.

Waiter discretion on what you can order some will allow a bit more or variation.

Only upcharges on the menus need to be paid(+20%).

8 hours ago, GORDONCHICK said:

Remind me - aren't these vouchers for specific restaurants?  Whereas the the dining package is for anywhere, though there still may be an upcharge depending what you order, right?  Seems like there's another difference that I'm not remembering.  Help me out guys!

Oh and I know wine comes with one of the Platinum meals, too.

You can use your platinum coupons at any specialty restaurant. There is no $$$ limit to the entrée cost like before. They are subject to the same upcharges as the dining package. One of your two dinners comes with a bottle of wine. 

The Dining Package offers 1 appetizer, 1 salad/soup, 1 entrée, 1 dessert. 

Technically, the Platinum coupons offer 1 appetizer, 1 entrée, 1 dessert (i.e., 3 courses). In our experience, the waiters treat the dinners the same and offer you the 4 courses. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

You can use your platinum coupons at any specialty restaurant. There is no $$$ limit to the entrée cost like before. They are subject to the same upcharges as the dining package. One of your two dinners comes with a bottle of wine. 

The Dining Package offers 1 appetizer, 1 salad/soup, 1 entrée, 1 dessert. 

Technically, the Platinum coupons offer 1 appetizer, 1 entrée, 1 dessert (i.e., 3 courses). In our experience, the waiters treat the dinners the same and offer you the 4 courses. 

On Dawn in June as we sat down the waiter told us only 1 appetizer, 1 entree and 1 dessert so maybe they are tightening up on that 

2 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

On Dawn in June as we sat down the waiter told us only 1 appetizer, 1 entree and 1 dessert so maybe they are tightening up on that 

They are tightening up on it.  Same thing happened to us at Cagneys on the Breakaway in April.  1-1-1.

Another tip.  I would not use the Platinum voucher at the sushi bar or Food Republic.  At least for us, eight items was simply too much food!  Use your dining packages and split four items between the two of you, and go twice. 😃

• Like 1

Does anyone know if they’ll let you take the bottle of wine with you unopened? We will likely use the vouchers at the places where we don’t care if they don’t allow 4 courses (specifically Q and FR). Those aren’t places where I’d want wine with my meal, though. DH and I will both have vouchers as there’s a cabin in each name. Can we get our bottles in those restaurants and take them unopened for other nights in other restaurants?

3 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

are you limited to just 1 side or can you get multiples? 

11 minutes ago, Dorhead1230 said:

Does anyone know if they’ll let you take the bottle of wine with you unopened? We will likely use the vouchers at the places where we don’t care if they don’t allow 4 courses (specifically Q and FR). Those aren’t places where I’d want wine with my meal, though. DH and I will both have vouchers as there’s a cabin in each name. Can we get our bottles in those restaurants and take them unopened for other nights in other restaurants?

Yes, you can order the bottles unopened and bring it back to the room.  I’ve done it several times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dorhead1230 said:

I have taken an unopened bottle of wine with me. Just tell them when they bring the bottle.

I have also taken an opened and partially consumed bottle with me. They offer to store it for you, and maybe they will find it again, but I generally just grab and go.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Dorhead1230 said:

While on the Spirit (B2B last month) we had P+ booze packages therefore whenever we asked for glasses of wine they brought a bottle to the table. When using the one platinum voucher that included a bottle of wine we selected one from the platinum menu and said we’d take it back to cabin to drink at another time. 

We ended up bringing both bottles back home - they were very nice. 

• Thanks 1