Buying Internet with Elite discount

sarleo

I have cruise only fare. I need to purchase internet and only have the option of premium. I am Elite and therefore, have a 30% discount. I can’t seem to figure out where in the purchase that discount comes off. The 15% for buying it before the cruise is there, but there is no place for the 30%. Thank you for your help.

13 minutes ago, spammie said:

You can't do it on line you have to call. You also can't combine the discount if it is on sale.  

I was able to combine both when calling.  Got the sale  and Elite discount.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, keesar said:

I was able to combine both when calling.  Got the sale  and Elite discount.  

I did too, but it was a long discussion. Finally gave me the difference in OBC. I am good with that. 

• Like 1

I have found that it is possible to get your CC discount when it's "on sale", but not on "flash sale".  I fought pretty hard on the last flash sale, but came up with a negative response, regardless of who I spoke with.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sarleo said:

I have cruise only fare. I need to purchase internet and only have the option of premium. I am Elite and therefore, have a 30% discount. I can’t seem to figure out where in the purchase that discount comes off. The 15% for buying it before the cruise is there, but there is no place for the 30%. Thank you for your help.

This is probably of limited relevance to you, but I caught what was apparently a super special deal on 48 hours of Internet when I was on the Millie in November.  I'm not Elite, but a couple of levels below that with a 10% discount.  My discount was applied automatically at the time of purchase.  BTW, I didn't have to go to the lounge to get this, just signed up online.

IMG_20221108_1948152.thumb.jpg.1f3111cb75388691ef969759f6b3aa67.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

I believe those are continuous hours not  24 hours of on line time you can spread out over the length of the cruise.

You are correct.  What is purchased is a 24 hour time period and not 24 hours of internet usage during the  cruise.  You are paying by the 'day'.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, twincheryl said:

I have found that it is possible to get your CC discount when it's "on sale", but not on "flash sale".  I fought pretty hard on the last flash sale, but came up with a negative response, regardless of who I spoke with.  

We just booked our first Celebrity cruise. We are Diamond on Royal Caribbean so have Elite status on Celebrity. I called a while back before booking and got our Captain’s Club status sorted out before I booked, so our Elite status is already on our booking. 

I’m now learning the differences in terminology between Celebrity and RCCL. I feel a bit like I’m learning to speak a new language! 😂 That said, how can I tell the difference between internet being “on sale” and it being a “flash sale”?

Has the 30% off been known to work with Black Friday sale prices on Celebrity?

Thanks! 🙏

On 7/7/2023 at 11:49 AM, spammie said:

You can't do it on line you have to call. You also can't combine the discount if it is on sale.  

That's true for a "Flash Sale" where the fine print clearly shows "Not Combinable".   

You can, however, combine the Captains Club discount with the pre-cruise savings as exampled below.    The fine print on both the Wifi page and the Captains Club webpage indicate that this pre-cruise price is combinable with the Captains Club discount.     I  called the Captains Club just this week to book the Wifi on our future 2023 & 2024 cruises.   I was told that it wasn't combinable.    I referenced the fine print on the website and the representative still said it wasn't combinable.   I asked for a supervisor and, after some discussion with the supervisor, she  agreed that it was combinable and that there was an issue with the information and pricing that their system was displaying.   The final price for Elite Plus after the 35% discount was $14.94/per day for Premium Wifi using the example below.

$22.99 / per guest per day

$28.99 onboard
(20% OFF)PRE-CRUISE SAVINGS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, perfect match said:

I’m now learning the differences in terminology between Celebrity and RCCL. I feel a bit like I’m learning to speak a new language! 😂 That said, how can I tell the difference between internet being “on sale” and it being a “flash sale”?

The example below is considered pre cruise pricing and is combinable with the Captains Club discount.......

$22.99 / per guest per day
$28.99 onboard
(20% OFF)PRE-CRUISE SAVINGS
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

Note that the Captains Club Discount applies over the list price it's not combinable with the pre-cruise savings

Thats what I thought too. I just called to upgrade my bev pkg yesterday and the discount was only on the list price, I wasn’t able to get the discount on top of the sale. 

We had AI included in out booking. I had upgraded my WIFI prior to the flash sale and they applied my 30% booking.  During the recent "Flash Sale" I checked our cruise planner and see that the WIFI offerings for sale only offer the premium WIFI. When I figured the upgrade price with the 30% discount it came to about $40 less than what I'd already paid to upgrade. I called Captains Club and asked if I should cancel my previous upgrade and re-purchase at the lower price or if they'd refund the difference.  After a brief hold, they came back and gave me OBC for the difference.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gerelmx said:

Note that the Captains Club Discount applies over the list price it's not combinable with the pre-cruise savings

The fine print on the Wi-Fi page for the cruises we have booked says "Pre-cruise savings are combinable with select Captain’s Club benefits. ".     

The fine print under Wi-Fi on the Captains Club benefit webpage says "Combinable with the pre-cruise advantage only."

5 hours ago, gerelmx said:

They combined it with the pre-cruise saving for me without and issue, and also combined it with the flash sale price when I called and asked.

• Like 1