From the Seabourn President.

fudge

4 hours ago, SLSD said:

Has the new Seabourn President addressed the fact that Seabourn's website is abysmal?  To use it, I have to leave my usual browser (Chrome) and use Safari.  Even then, it doesn't work well at all--in so many ways.  I have been actively searching for an itinerary to book and I am throwing up my hands.  It's enough to drive me to a competitor.  Am I the only one having these difficulties?  I don't have issues with any other cruise line's websites.  

I usually go to “view all results” and then use the various filters (destination, date, ship, duration etc) to narrow down the results.  You can also sort by special offers, price, departure date etc.  This has worked well for me.  What is annoying are the multiple “pop ups” that jump on to the screen just when you are trying to view or do something on the webpage.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sunprince said:

I usually go to “view all results” and then use the various filters (destination, date, ship, duration etc) to narrow down the results.  You can also sort by special offers, price, departure date etc.  This has worked well for me.  What is annoying are the multiple “pop ups” that jump on to the screen just when you are trying to view or do something on the webpage.  

I've used your approach, but thank you for suggesting it.  Sometimes the site is just broken and doesn't respond--when all the other sites do.  

36 minutes ago, SLSD said:

Very disappointing to hear this.  We've found very spotty service when dealing with Seabourn's home office.  Sometimes the person we talk to doesn't have a clue, while others are very professional and take care of things.  

The complaints we have also heard concerning the Seabourn Office is another discussion we had with President Natalya during our Meeting. I think she was quite aware that there was a problem as she wasn't happy that no one seemed to know anything about the upcoming "Presidents Cruise"..... she thought everyone had been emailed about it.....seems whoever was supposed to do that job didn't get on to it....we told her that we very rarely get emails from Seabourn, and never any advertising.....NOW we do......She told us how there is going to be lots more Staff Training ON the ships, and I think OFF the ships as well.....

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SLSD said:

Very disappointing to hear this.  We've found very spotty service when dealing with Seabourn's home office.  Sometimes the person we talk to doesn't have a clue, while others are very professional and take care of things.  

We are also waiting for a resolution we sent documentation on about a month ago. Our cruise was wonderful. We loved SB. An incident needs to be resolved however, and home office has sent us one email asking for our patience……I hope yours gets resolved quickly. I would certainly do as you did and dispute it with my credit card company. That usually brings positive results. 

5 hours ago, 2seabournsailors said:

The complaints we have also heard concerning the Seabourn Office is another discussion we had with President Natalya during our Meeting. I think she was quite aware that there was a problem as she wasn't happy that no one seemed to know anything about the upcoming "Presidents Cruise"..... she thought everyone had been emailed about it.....seems whoever was supposed to do that job didn't get on to it....we told her that we very rarely get emails from Seabourn, and never any advertising.....NOW we do......She told us how there is going to be lots more Staff Training ON the ships, and I think OFF the ships as well.....

Isn't the amount of emails you get about upcoming cruises, special offers, down to your email marketing choices on the SB website?

There's a section for marketing preferences showing this...

"Personalize your preferences for news, marketing updates, latest fares, specials and offers." and you can either opt it or opt out of that.   I get lots of SB emails, they don't take a second to delete if not of interest!

😊

10 hours ago, marksind said:

We just sailed with Seabourn for the first time in June.  Greece/Turkey.  Nice cruise on the Seabourn Encore.  We're not foodies, but all in all thought the dinners were the only meals that stood out.  For some reason it didn't matter the meal or restaurant, it was almost impossible to get a water glass refilled.  On the last day I found the manager and mentioned it to her.  She was surprised, so hopefully that improves.  Overall the cruise was a pleasant experience.  

It's been soured by a mistaken $1000 charge to our credit card mid cruise.  We found out when we got our credit card statement after returning home.  We then learned you can only communicate with Seabourn about billing issues via email.  They will not talk about them over the phone.  Took about a week to get a response to our emails.

The customer service rep first claimed they could find no record of a charge.  I said "Look at the credit card statement I attached in the email and you'll see it."  A few days later she got back to us and said they found they'd accidently billed someone else's future cruise credit to our card.  She said they were sorry and embarrassed and offered us some credit toward a future cruise.  Great, but how about crediting back the $1000?  Over a month later and we're still waiting.  Heard from her again today after two more inquiry emails from us.  She said she hadn't seen the first one, but will send an "urgent" request to credit our account.  Seems this may go on forever.  We've disputed it via our credit card issuer, so we'll see.  I'd say service after the sail (pun intended) is definitely lacking.  

Good thing about Amex I guess, they usually take care of the issue promptly.

Bue yeah their customer service is a disgrace, I asked about travel insurance for Europeans and they got back to me 1 month after my email when we had already sailed....Pre/Post cruise service is embarrassing for an ultra luxury service they claim to provide. My guess the CCL mass cruises culture finds its way into Seabourn.

Edited by Khareef

This learning tour of the ships by Natalya Leahy has certainly been instructive for all of us!

Maybe she will find it expedient for her to clean house so a new set of people take responsibility for delivering the “it’s your moment” stuff. It may mean recruiting and paying more or moving HQ to a location that is better resourced than Seattle. No matter what the senior management has a lot to answer for given all the slippage over the past years, arguably starting well before Covid.

Just sayin’

Happy and healthy sailing!

39 minutes ago, markham said:

This learning tour of the ships by Natalya Leahy has certainly been instructive for all of us!

Maybe she will find it expedient for her to clean house so a new set of people take responsibility for delivering the “it’s your moment” stuff. It may mean recruiting and paying more or moving HQ to a location that is better resourced than Seattle. No matter what the senior management has a lot to answer for given all the slippage over the past years, arguably starting well before Covid.

Just sayin’

Handre has moved to Miami already

37 minutes ago, Cantara24 said:

So enlighten us ... that move helps ...

Handre finds the East Coast easier for the work he has to do in contacting Entertainers etc etc in the rest of the World. Apparently Seattle Time Zones didn't work too well for him and Miami is a lot better. I have no idea of the difference I'm afraid....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Handre is the entertainment director and friends of many on Seabourn ships.

He is not a brand manager, and the lack of a competent person serving in that role is an obvious weakness. Look at all of these cutbacks, quality control and coordination matters that have harmed the brand the past few years. For one thing there have been way too many staff defections. And no, former HDs, chefs and others flying in for a week won’t fulfil the challenges of the line.

It would appear that Natalya Leahy has hit the ground running and she has likely assessed the situation fully. Let’s she what she does next. If anyone can strip away the hype and deliver tangible quality results, it is her.

• Like 3

I continue to be annoyed that Seabourn sends all emails to Mr. SLSD and not to me--even though we have requested that they be sent to me instead.  My husband does none of the trip planning.  I guess I will have to call them AGAIN!!  I think it's time for Seabourn to move beyond their outdated idea that men are in charge of travel plans and the purse strings...

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SLSD said:

I continue to be annoyed that Seabourn sends all emails to Mr. SLSD and not to me--even though we have requested that they be sent to me instead.  My husband does none of the trip planning.  I guess I will have to call them AGAIN!!  I think it's time for Seabourn to move beyond their outdated idea that men are in charge of travel plans and the purse strings...

Same issue here but not all the time.  I did speak to a wonderful person on reservations a couple of months ago and she said would make sure to change everything to my email.  I also do all the trip planning.

Nancy

1 hour ago, nancygp said:

Same issue here but not all the time.  I did speak to a wonderful person on reservations a couple of months ago and she said would make sure to change everything to my email.  I also do all the trip planning.

Nancy

We have asked at least twice that all emails go to me.  I do get the occasional email, but my husband gets all of them.  He has NO interest in doing the trip planning and forwards the emails to me WHEN he sees them.  

I've got the opposite.  I do all the trip planning, but Seabourn sends everything to my wife.  I booked our recent cruise, our first with Seabourn, and we both opened online accounts with them.  They put the cruise and everything since in her name. I get nothing.  Doesn't matter since she just forwards it.  

7 minutes ago, marksind said:

I've got the opposite.  I do all the trip planning, but Seabourn sends everything to my wife.  I booked our recent cruise, our first with Seabourn, and we both opened online accounts with them.  They put the cruise and everything since in her name. I get nothing.  Doesn't matter since she just forwards it.  

I think there is not consistency.  

On 7/12/2023 at 2:55 PM, markham said:

moving HQ to a location that is better resourced than Seattle.

I know she has the title of Seabourn President, but I doubt she has the power and clout to enact such a change. She doesn't even report to the President & CEO of Carnival, nor is she on the 20-member Carnival leadership team, which includes the heads of all their other cruise lines. Earlier this summer, after a 10-moth "listening tour" of his own, Carnival Corp. CEO Josh Weinstein reorganized the company to remove layers between the corporate office and cruise lines. But Seabourn is still run as a subsidiary of Holland America, and Leahy reports to the Holland America Line president. I don't think she could separate Seabourn HQ from Holland America. 

1 hour ago, cruiseej said:

CEO Josh Weinstein reorganized the company to remove layers between the corporate office and cruise lines. 

Do you mean Josh Leibowitz?  We thought he did a Herculean job of keeping the brand afloat during the pandemic.  

1 hour ago, Hobar said:

Do you mean Josh Leibowitz?  We thought he did a Herculean job of keeping the brand afloat during the pandemic.  

I stand corrected (by my own self).  I agree with you @cruiseej.

Cruiseej,

You have the facts and I wish the gist was otherwise. Natalya is a most valuable asset to Carnival. Without any doubt she takes the presidency of Seabourn to a completely new level.

I hope for the good of the Seabourn brand she is widely supported so that she can lead it into its next iteration. That might, in time, include new ships with superior designs to compete with Silversea’s and Regent’s latest classic ships- 5 beauties between 2022-2023. And Seabourn has some of the most personable shipboard staff and crew, and now she is attempting to improve the quality and efficiency of the land operations. So much to do…

We hope to continue to sail with them for years to come. Carnival simply has to support Natalya’s across-the-board initiatives with proper resourcing.

Edited by markham
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, markham said:

We hope to continue to sail with them for years to come.

Me, too!

1 hour ago, markham said:

Carnival simply has to support Natalya’s across-the-board initiatives with proper resourcing.

That's the question: do they?

Were her marching orders to keep things afloat (figuratively!) while trimming costs and boosting the bottom line, without new resources like higher-cost amenities or the huge capital costs of a new ship. Or did they tell her to come up with a plan to push Seabourn to the top of the luxury market, with more resources available if she could demonstrate passenger loyalty and profit growth? Only time will tell.  

4 hours ago, markham said:

Cruiseej,

You have the facts and I wish the gist was otherwise. Natalya is a most valuable asset to Carnival. Without any doubt she takes the presidency of Seabourn to a completely new level.

I hope for the good of the Seabourn brand she is widely supported so that she can lead it into its next iteration. That might, in time, include new ships with superior designs to compete with Silversea’s and Regent’s latest classic ships- 5 beauties between 2022-2023. And Seabourn has some of the most personable shipboard staff and crew, and now she is attempting to improve the quality and efficiency of the land operations. So much to do…

We hope to continue to sail with them for years to come. Carnival simply has to support Natalya’s across-the-board initiatives with proper resourcing.

And not to be forgotten, she has engaged Richard Meadows as a consultant. That I think is brilliant move.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2023 at 8:45 PM, kej1 said:

We also prefer lunch in the MDR.  I don't care for buffets at all.  Our experience with Seabourn has been very inconsistent in this regard.  Our last cruise ( pre Covid) it was open every day for lunch and dinner.  It was the first part of the 2020 world cruise so perhaps that made a difference.  In 2017 when we did Antarctica and South Georgia it was also open every day for breakfast and lunch.  On other cruises it’s been hit or miss.  I’m wondering if part of the decision is up to the captain?

We travel more by land than cruise, but  our next cruise is in April 2024 on pursuit from Papette to Guam.  It’s 30 days and I’ve read the Colonade is a zoo on Venture.   Does  anyone know if they open the MDR for lunch on the expedition ships?  I’m hoping so.  And hopefully what you heard on the Norway cruise is the direction they are going.  After all they need to compete with SS and Regent who always have the MDR open for all meals!

We were on Venture in March, and the Colonnade was half empty all the time (breakfast, lunch, and dinner).  We will also be on Pursuit next April from Papeete to Solomon Islands (first 17 days part) booked while on board of Venture with 35% expedition cruise discount (I read this promotion was recently removed).

PS. Typically, restaurants in all cruise lines are always full for dinner.  Does it count toward being in the "zoo" category?

Edited by kirtihk

2 hours ago, kirtihk said:

We were on Venture in March, and the Colonnade was half empty all the time (breakfast, lunch, and dinner).  We will also be on Pursuit next April from Papeete to Solomon Islands (first 17 days part) booked while on board of Venture with 35% expedition cruise discount (I read this promotion was recently removed).

PS. Typically, restaurants in all cruise lines are always full for dinner.  Does it count toward being in the "zoo" category?

It doesn't take much for me to feel like I am in a zoo at a meal.  This is probably due to the pandemic and not being in spaces with several hundred people at a time for a few years.  For the first time, I did not enjoy the ambience in The Restaurant in the evening.  Perhaps it is because our favorite server's tables were in the middle of the restaurant.  His service was so good that we always asked for him.  On past cruises, we have preferred (and asked) for a table along the edges of the room--and it seemed less zoo like.  The inside seating at The Colonnade ALWAYS seems like a zoo to me.  We have dined there, but not in several cruises and do not plan to dine there again.  The outside veranda is ok.  We preferred Earth and Ocean on our cruise in June--OR The Restaurant for breakfast and lunch.  The Patio Grill is also pleasant at lunch.