2025 Alaska and South America itineraries due out the end of July. 🤞

Ken the cruiser

Today while onboard the Diamond Princess, the future cruise rep (who BTW still works for Princess) mentioned the 2025 Alaska and South America itineraries should be available by the end of the month. Just thought I pass along what we heard along. 😁

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

TA's usually get notice a week or two before.  No notice has been given but usually a "warning" is given in a TA email blast on thursdays.

As for alaska, it seems like much the same.  The main difference I anticipate is that the Majestic will be in europe during summer of 2025, and the crown is doing an aussie world cruise.  By process of elimination, it would seem like the Alaska ships will be Ruby, Coral, Royal, Discovery, Grand, and Sapphire.  Expect the Royal and Discovery being Seattle based, the Ruby in SF, and the Grand, Sapphire, and Coral in Vancouver/Whittier.  I'm not sure what planning there is to do - Princess is pretty stubborn when it comes to changing Alaskan itineraries - even HAL has added ISP to the RT Seattle voyages that stop in GB the last few years.  NCL is running some 7+ day itineraries, but princess has eschewed their "Alaska Samplers" for the most part.  There is a semi-unique voyage on the Majestic that includes Ketchikan, Astoria, Seattle and Victoria from Vancouver this fall, and a few 10 day voyages to alaska, but otherwise, Princess hasn't innovated much on their standard itineraries.

Edited by cruisingrob21

5 hours ago, ProfMHC said:

It’s hard to plan when you have to wait for the itineraries to be announced that day. I’m sure somebody on here has access to them before hand. Want to share?

Keep your eyes peeled here because at least one member posts the new itinerary schedules in advance of release.  Normally you get both PDF and Excel formats.

• Like 1

Yesterday, our Future Cruise consultant told us about an upcoming repositioning voyage on the Majestic at the end of this year.  LA to Ft Lauderdale via South America, 51 days.  We will book it as soon as it is available!

The Majestic will be in the Caribbean for a season before moving to Europe.

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ironically, the Majestic is the best of the royal class ships for Alaska, and probably the worst for warm weather cruising.  Since the forward pool is covered and adjacent conservatory is covered, its a nice climate controlled forward observation area - something that pretty much every other Princess ship lacks (other than the Coral and Island to a degree).  But given the covered pool, the entire top deck area forward of the elevators has no outdoor sunning space for warm weather cruises, and no wake view pool that the Sky, Enchanted, or Discovery have.

• Like 1

The beans will be spilled on South America tomorrow in a seminar, per VP Carmen.

18 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Majestic at the end of this year.  LA to Ft Lauderdale via South America, 51 days. 

Yep, this has been on my radar as well. Feels like the diehards have been on their toes anticipating it as it officially comes out.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Yesterday, our Future Cruise consultant told us about an upcoming repositioning voyage on the Majestic at the end of this year.  LA to Ft Lauderdale via South America, 51 days.  We will book it as soon as it is available!

6 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

The beans will be spilled on South America tomorrow in a seminar, per VP Carmen.

Yep, this has been on my radar as well. Feels like the diehards have been on their toes anticipating it as it officially comes out.

Feels like the former pre-Covid runs.  I wonder if there will only be one long one.

PS - I agree that Majestic is a poor choice for Caribbean sector.

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

End of THIS YEAR?

TIA

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

PS - I agree that Majestic is a poor choice for Caribbean sector.

Seems like a case of the folks who create the schedules not actually having sailed on the ships and thinking through which ships they are putting where.  Majestic actually would be good to make the South America run with the covered pool and viewing areas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

We recently booked Majestic Princess TA July 2025 Southampton to Boston visiting Iceland.  Great itinerary, but the 51 day 2024 is appealing.  Hmmm……

You can do both!  Different years.  🤔

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DougH said:

I keep hoping Princess will add Seward and Kodiak as stops. Would be easy to make a 10 day. route

That would be nice to see, but PCL seems to stick to same-old and I also think they want to keep sea days so they can sell more stuff.

22 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We’re hoping they offer a new expanded Alaska itinerary, preferably RT from Seattle, that includes heading up to Nome. One can dream anyway. 😁

I think you need to try HAL if you want that voyage

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

That would be nice to see, but PCL seems to stick to same-old and I also think they want to keep sea days so they can sell more stuff.

Agreed - its been that way for a while.  They seem to value new cruisers over established clients (no surprise there) and accordingly run many of the same itineraries.  If you are a repeat cruiser you'll likely have the same menus, same entertainment, same ports.

3 minutes ago, cruisingrob21 said:

I think you need to try HAL if you want that voyage

Unfortunately, even though HAL has a cool itinerary to Nome and we’re 4 star, they just got too boring for us when they implemented their Music Walk entertainment strategy. So, hopefully one day Princess will hopefully offer a similar itinerary. After all from what I have seen, Princess “owns” Alaska when it comes to cruising and hopefully won’t want to be outdone by HAL. 😉

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Unfortunately, even though HAL has a cool itinerary to Nome and we’re 4 star, they just got too boring for us when they implemented their Music Walk entertainment strategy. So, hopefully one day Princess will hopefully offer a similar itinerary. After all from what I have seen, Princess “owns” Alaska when it comes to cruising and hopefully won’t want to be outdone by HAL. 😉

We sail HAL and Princess pretty much every year to/from Seattle for Alaska.  Last year we went on HAL and I was a bit shocked - they had 2 nights of comedians, game shows (that were a bit rowdy even) and more evening activities than I remember HAL having in the past.  It's not where Princess is today, but its getting close to where Princess was maybe 10 years ago in terms of activities, game shows, entertainers.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cruisingrob21 said:

We sail HAL and Princess pretty much every year to/from Seattle for Alaska.  Last year we went on HAL and I was a bit shocked - they had 2 nights of comedians, game shows (that were a bit rowdy even) and more evening activities than I remember HAL having in the past.  It's not where Princess is today, but its getting close to where Princess was maybe 10 years ago in terms of activities, game shows, entertainers.

Did they have any production shows or guest entertainers in the main theater every night, other than the standard dance group they’ve had since 2019? I’ve even heard they have movies a couple of times in the theater. Also, were there any professional lectures or naturalists on any of the cruises, other than the ranger at Glacier Bay giving a talk?