Ocean Medallion - Accessories - What do/did you like/dislike?

CrazyTrain2

Hello,

We will be taking our first Medallion class cruise next year.  I'm pretty versed with lanyards and holders for cruise cards, but I'm curious what accessories you enjoyed or disliked for the Ocean Medallion?  Did you find getting your Medallion early (mailed to you) a benefit? Does it come with any Medallion SWAG, or do you need to go to the grift shop to get holders, etc.

I'm looking forward to using this RFID technology.

Thanks in Advance.

We really like the Apple AirTag bracelet holders sold on Amazon.  Lots of different materials, styles and colors.  We prefer the silicone ones with a regular watch buckle on the band as they're waterproof and do not come undone.  

I actually like the accessories sold on the ship.  For everyday, we bought the sustainable (for my DH) and silicone (for me) bands.  We both find the. Very comfortable and each one was under $20.  We used our OBC for those.  Right after the restart, I was gifted a silver metal bangle onboard.  Once they adjusted the clip by bending the metal a bit, it stays securely in place.  I tend to wear that one for dinner.  Anyway, I’m not one to go out to spend a lot of money on something when I don’t have to.  After all, it comes with a free lanyard and many people just wear that, men and women alike.  However, I don’t like too many things hanging around my neck and we cruise so often, thought the bands would be well worth our while.  They’ve held up for over 20 cruises so far and aren’t even showing the slightest signs of wear.  
We’ve also gotten the clips that come with the premium package and haven’t used them as of yet but may be giving them a try one of these days.  

• Like 4

My DW uses the watch band and I use the clip.  Both were purchased onboard and are very reasonably priced.  We are very happy with both.

We previously tried clips purchased on Amazon and they did not work out well for us.

I hate lanyards - I'm on vacation not at work so I won't wear them. I did invest in the gold bracelet which is too expensive in my opinion, but I liked it and it looked nice at least. Used it for two cruises and really loved it up until it broke near the end of the second trip. I took it to the shop and they couldn't repair it, and would have replaced it with another bracelet, but unfortunately they were out so they gave me the gold necklace instead. Better looking than a lanyard, but I really hate having to bend over to put it on the sensor getting on and off the ship. It's a stupid design for that use because it is so short - maybe on a longer chain it would make sense, but I won't use it again. I'm going to shell out the money for another bracelet for our upcoming cruise and hope it lasts this time!

• Like 1

Thanks for this thread, just ordered my medallion for my Oct. 19th cruise.  I don't mind a lanyard but the pic of incl. one doesn't look great.  Haven't cruised since 2019, so excited!  

I have several I ordered from a place in Utah, handmade and different colors, I think they'll work.  

3 hours ago, CrazyTrain2 said:

Would the same clip accessory for an AirTag work on the Medallion?

I have bought a number of air tag holders for our medallions, the only issue was with one that had rhinestones around the edge, sometimes they couldn't scan the medallion in the MDR. I have a silicone one that clips to my cell phone, DS uses one on a lanyard & BIL just sticks it in his pocket 

20 minutes ago, travelin.sisters said:

I have bought a number of air tag holders for our medallions, the only issue was with one that had rhinestones around the edge, sometimes they couldn't scan the medallion in the MDR. I have a silicone one that clips to my cell phone, DS uses one on a lanyard & BIL just sticks it in his pocket 

I ordered these two years ago and they work great for the Medallion as well as AirTags.

Amazon.com: EverAct Clip Holder Compatible with Fitbit Zip (Set of 4) : Electronics

We are new to the Medallion thing and to be honest, not really looking forward to it. We prefer cards. My husband can slip it in his pocket  and I have the perfect small crossbody bag that I use for cruising that holds my phone and card. We both got clips since we don’t like lanyards. Hopefully it will clip to my purse and not fall off.

• Like 1

I usually take my lanyard off away from the ship.  I've been traveling alone overseas since 1984, land and cruises, I don't worry about looking like a tourist.  Pick pockets, thieves, know who to look for and I'm not the one trying to manage a big purse, back pack and packages.  I don't shop, rarely carry a purse, my hands are free.  Key is don't be a target.