Crown and Anchor Level and Kids

DH and I were at 78 points and we just completed a short cruise to get us to Diamond (yah).  

Our kids are 14 and 18 years old.

Our points and updated status are reflected when we sign in, but when we check our kids accounts, they both show as Emerald and 71 points.  Huh?

Questions:

1. My understanding is our 14 year old should also be Diamond now, right?
  2. Also, shouldn't her points be the same as ours? 
  3. If so, do I need to call and have her points adjusted manually or it just takes longer for kids?
  4. I'm confused why our kids points  don't reflect our points before this cruise (i.e. they show as 71 and not 78).  Anyone have that issue before?
  5. I'm assuming if I call (or if it's automatic), that our 18 year old's points will revert to his actual points (40-something for actual cruises he has been on) and Emerald, right?

Edited by LuCruise

10 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Questions:

1. My understanding is our 14 year old should also be Diamond now, right?
  2. Also, shouldn't her points be the same as ours? 
  3. If so, do I need to call and have her points adjusted manually or it just takes longer for kids?
  4. I'm confused why our kids points  don't reflect our points before this cruise (i.e. they show as 71 and not 78).  Anyone have that issue before?
  5. I'm assuming if I call (or if it's automatic), that our 18 year old's points will revert to his actual points (40-something for actual cruises he has been on) and Emerald, right?

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. I don't think you should HAVE TO call but I probably would.

4. No kids but errors like this aren't uncommon.

5. Assume nothing when dealing with Royal customer service, especially via the phone. It's inconsistent... and that's putting it kindly. If you get a rep who seems clueless, just thank them, hang up, and call back. That said, yes, at 18, his points should revert to his own.

Edited by OCSC Mike

13 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

5. Assume nothing when dealing with Royal customer service, especially via the phone. It's inconsistent... and that's putting it kindly. If you get a rep who seems clueless, just thank them, hang up, and call back.

Thank you.  Seems like my understanding is correct. I'm still confused why our kids points don't even match our pre-Diamond points (never really checked before so not sure if it was always like this but seems like last cruise is missing)

I do not think they should have your points.

They will will have your status while sailing with you.

So they will be Diamonds on your next sailing with them I believe.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

5. Assume nothing when dealing with Royal customer service, especially via the phone. It's inconsistent... and that's putting it kindly. If you get a rep who seems clueless, just thank them, hang up, and call back. That said, yes, at 18, his points should revert to his own.

This is a no I think.

Kids under 18 will have the same status when they sail with their parents.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gerif said:

While the kids under 18 get your status, they only have the points they actually earned. 

They did have our points as they show as 71 (and actual points would be in their 40s)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tatka said:

This is a no I think.

Kids get parent's status (up to age 18) regardless whether they sail with parents.  They only need to sail with parent's once < 18 to "inherit" their status.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tatka said:

This is a no I think.

Their parents' points should also show as theirs, just as I see my wife's points when I login to my account because she has more than me. That's not my actual point total but it is what should and does appear in my account. If I call and ask, C&A can give me my actual point total but it's irrelevant unless I sail alone or my wife gets sick of me. 🙈

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Tatka said:

I do not think they should have your points.

They will will have your status while sailing with you.

So they will be Diamonds on your next sailing with them I believe.

31 minutes ago, Tatka said:

This is a no I think.

This is my understanding of how it works as well.  My kids are older now but it worked this way when they were under 18.  Each account shows actual points earned regardless of status.  Of course having said that mistakes are often made.

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, akcruz said:

Just checked DHs and my accounts, we have different number of points which accurately reflect cruises we each have taken.

I've never ever seen my own points, only my wife's.

1 minute ago, akcruz said:

Just checked DHs and my accounts, we have different number of points which accurately reflect cruises we each have taken.

That means your accounts are not linked.  If they are linked, the same (highest) points will show on all accounts. 

29 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

That means your accounts are not linked.  If they are linked, the same (highest) points will show on all accounts. 

Unless something has changed recently they are definitely linked.  I was the one in our family of 4 to move us all to diamond.  We all changed status at the same time with varying number of points.  All well above that threshold now.

3 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Unless something has changed recently they are definitely linked.  I was the one in our family of 4 to move us all to diamond.  We all changed status at the same time with varying number of points.  All well above that threshold now.

Well, this is Royal IT, so who knows what is the correct answer.

RCI ... Really Consistently Inconsistent

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On your next cruise, see the CA rep. He can link the family together if necessary and reprint their cards to reflect their diamond status. It takes less than five minutes. This way you avoid both customer service and the IT department.

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Call and let us know what they say. 

Will do.  But will wait a week or so, since DH and my points and status literally just switched over today.  Maybe there is just a delay (since they weren't on this last cruise with us)?  Our older one turned 18 in April though so interesting his points didn't revert back then to HIS actual points back then.

As for point matching, I have gone on one more cruise than DH, but his points show the same as mine.  So if you are linked, you should show the same.  Funny enough, I never thought about signing in and checking our kids before though so not sure when they got behind by 7 points (even ignoring our latest cruise that put us to Diamond)

15 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Will do.  But will wait a week or so, since DH and my points and status literally just switched over today. 

Presumably you can access their C&A accounts on the website just as you yours. One hack that seems to work if you can log in as one of the kids, go to their profile, delete their C&A account number and then re-add it. That should update their totals.

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

Presumably you can access their C&A accounts on the website just as you yours. One hack that seems to work if you can log in as one of the kids, go to their profile, delete their C&A account number and then re-add it. That should update their totals.

Their C&A status shows as do points, but the status hasn't been updated, and points incorrect.

You still mean for this scenario? I know there was some odd bug recently where you couldn't see C&A info at all.

25 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Their C&A status shows as do points, but the status hasn't been updated, and points incorrect.

You still mean for this scenario? I know there was some odd bug recently where you couldn't see C&A info at all.

This is the same scenario that occurs frequently between DW's account and mine. She has 7 more points than me, but since I'm listed as the first member, her points never update when we take a cruise. If I go in and do the hack I described, her points update. I just had to do this today, because her total was showing as 47 points behind mine.

Edited by orville99

"

A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status; however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system described above. Pinnacle Club member tier status will not be awarded to dependents if earned by their parent and/or guardian. Pinnacle Club member tier status can only be earned by an individual, spouse or significant other by one of them accumulating 700 Cruise Points or more in the CAS program.

For all tiers except Pinnacle Club, a relationship is defined as a spouse or significant other and children less than 18 years old. For Pinnacle Club a relationship is considered a spouse and/or significant other. Children will be taken out of a relationship with a parent or guardian upon their 18th birthday date. If it is found that a dependent or child is not immediately removed from a relationship upon their 18th birthday and accumulates a higher tier status outside of this time period, the dependents record will be adjusted back to the appropriate tier status."

45 minutes ago, orville99 said:

This is the same scenario that occurs frequently between DW's account and mine. She has 7 more points than me, but since I'm listed as the first member, her points never update when we take a cruise. If I go in and do the hack I described, her points update. I just had to do this today, because her total was showing as 47 points behind mine.

Thanks!  I just tried this on DD (my 14 year old) and it worked. She now shows as Diamond with the same points as DH and me.

Now...to try or not to try on DS (our 18 year old who would be de-moted)

Edited by LuCruise
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks!  I just tried this on DD (my 14 year old) and it worked. She now shows as Diamond with the same points as DH and me.

Now...to try or not to try on DS (our 18 year old who would be de-moted)

My guess is that your son will be Diamond also. RCI seems to have trouble keeping track of points sometimes. I know a family who's children kept earning their parents' points well into their 20s. The kids are Diamond and should only be Platinum based on their own cruising history.

• Like 1