Perks Cruise Length

Tedferg

I am amazed that Princess would have programs, such as 2 casual dining visits regardless of cruise length. Not saying it is good or bad, just cannot fathom how Marketing would not allow for that. 

8 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I am amazed that Princess would have programs, such as 2 casual dining visits regardless of cruise length. Not saying it is good or bad, just cannot fathom how Marketing would not allow for that. 

I mentioned that on the email that I sent to customer relations today

• Like 2

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

just book premier and get unlimited for only $20 pp per day .... but wait, there's more

So you are paying $20 per day for a $15 meal instead of all the MDR meals you have already paid for. I will stick with Plus

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Of course it's bad!  And unfair.  I have also voiced my opinion to Princess.  

My point is that OBC for Military FCD etc varies by cruise length so why not for Perks. A three or five day cruise with two SD is a good thing, two SD for 21 days isn’t. My point is the lack of logic not value

• Like 1

21 hours ago, voljeep said:

just book premier and get unlimited for only $20 pp per day .... but wait, there's more

You still only get two specialty dinners on Premium, regardless of length of cruise. 4 nights, 2 specialty dinners.. 32 nights, 2 specialty dinners. .sure "casual" prix fixe dining is unlimited with Premier, but given many hips have maybe one or two of said venues, that doesn't make up the difference... 

Hence, the point the OP is making. Varying amounts based on cruise length.. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

You still only get two specialty dinners on Premium, regardless of length of cruise. 4 nights, 2 specialty dinners.. 32 nights, 2 specialty dinners. .sure "casual" prix fixe dining is unlimited with Premier, but given many hips have maybe one or two of said venues, that doesn't make up the difference... 

a 5 day cruise...a 5 day cruise

6 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Sone passengers prefer the higher shelf liquor/wines that also comes with Premier.

Makes sense to upgrade for only $20/day if you want many drinks that are $4-$5 over the $15 limit on Plus package, plus now the unlimited casual dining as limited as it is on most ships.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wallyj said:

Sone passengers prefer the higher shelf liquor/wines that also comes with Premier.

Makes sense to upgrade for only $20/day if you want many drinks that are $4-$5 over the $15 limit on Plus package, plus now the unlimited casual dining as limited as it is on most ships.

I made no comments or judgements on booking Premier or Plus based on any of the other items.

Solely speaking to the Specialty dinner or casual dining perks. 2 SD per cruise, regardless of length with Premier ..2 casual prix fixe meals with Plus, regardless of length.

For some, even without the higher drink cap, Premier makes sense for them for the photos alone, or Princess Prizes or any of the other things. For others, nothing about Premier makes it worthwhile over Plus. And for others, neither makes any sense for them.

Personal choice and all.. 

16 hours ago, jwattle said:

That's an elite benefit, not a paid for, Premier Package benefit. 🙂🍾

I know what it is. Thanks!

My point is why only one set up for a cruise regardless of the number of days?

Princess is becoming like the other lines. Cut back, charge more and make you think you are getting more. LOL