Princess Self-Service Laundry

qsuzi

What is the current cost to wash and dry your clothes in the self-service laundry? Do the machines take tokens or coins and do you get them from Guest Services or from a machine in the laundry room? Thanks in advance. for your help.

20 minutes ago, qsuzi said:

What is the current cost to wash and dry your clothes in the self-service laundry? Do the machines take tokens or coins and do you get them from Guest Services or from a machine in the laundry room? Thanks in advance. for your help.

$3 a wash and $3 a dry.  Scan your medallion over the token machine in the Laundrette for tokens.  Charge goes on your folio.

• Like 1

Just now, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

If you are Elite, didn't I hear you can get tokens from Cabin steward or somewhere?

Inquiring minds....

No. Elite doesn't get free tokens from the steward. It has been reported lately that a number of ships have disabled the token dispensers and have instituted free use of the washers and dryers. Hoping that is the case when we sail Grand Princess this fall but not holding my breath.

41 minutes ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

If you are Elite, didn't I hear you can get tokens from Cabin steward or somewhere?

Inquiring minds....

Elite can go to Guest Services to get tokens at no charge.  I've done this several times.  

• Thanks 1

Nice that you got free tokens.

I was denied when I said that I had checked 4 decks in a row and the token machines were broken. No help for me from Guest Services. I finally found another passenger who told me which deck she had visited in order to find a working token machine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Nice that you got free tokens.

I was denied when I said that I had checked 4 decks in a row and the token machines were broken. No help for me from Guest Services. I finally found another passenger who told me which deck she had visited in order to find a working token machine.

Only elite tier get free tokens because they have included laundry

6 hours ago, SCX22 said:
7 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

Inquiring minds....

Elite can go to Guest Services to get tokens at no charge.  I've done this several times.  

Me too on 3 different ships. Free tokens for machines, detergent, and fabric softener sheets

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Only elite tier get free tokens because they have included laundry

We are elite and weren't even assisted let alone given free laundry tokens. Bah!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does anyone know what detergents are offered in the laundries?

we will shortly be doing a 14 nighter, and I was hoping to use the self service laundry to save on the packing.

I know I could take some of my own powder, but would rather not have a small bag of white  powder in my case, 😝

Any answers gratefully received.

Stuart.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, wizkid66 said:

Does anyone know what detergents are offered in the laundries?

we will shortly be doing a 14 nighter, and I was hoping to use the self service laundry to save on the packing.

I know I could take some of my own powder, but would rather not have a small bag of white  powder in my case, 😝

Any answers gratefully received.

Stuart.

pods or washer sheets

I took some pods in a little plastic container so they didn’t split but also have the dr Beckmann magic leaves just for cruises as you can also use them for hand washing sorry but I can’t remember what was in the machine

I guess some want to do their own laundry for whatever reason...the biggest single perk to me when i reached elite was free laundry done by the staff....princess is pretty slow compared to holland but they do get it done eventually in a couple of days on last cruise.

45 minutes ago, dockman said:

I guess some want to do their own laundry for whatever reason...the biggest single perk to me when i reached elite was free laundry done by the staff....princess is pretty slow compared to holland but they do get it done eventually in a couple of days on last cruise.

Use the free elite laundry on   things that aren't messed up by high heat and hot water.  Two day turn around on getting laundry back is not bad.  Been on ships with large numbers of elites and have been notified that it might be 3 or 4 days turn around due to the large numbers of elites o board. Wash the other clothes we take the same way I do at home so use the laundry room.

On 8/8/2023 at 8:44 PM, Thrak said:

No. Elite doesn't get free tokens from the steward. It has been reported lately that a number of ships have disabled the token dispensers and have instituted free use of the washers and dryers. Hoping that is the case when we sail Grand Princess this fall but not holding my breath.

We were on the Grand last summer to Alaska. There were free tokens in the laundry room for our use. I don’t know if that will be the case going forward though.

My wife just told me that on one of our cruises last year - she can't remember if it was on Royal or on Ruby - there was a sign saying not to use pods in the washing machine. She punctured the pods and squeezed them out but was surprised by the sign as she has used pods multiple times in the past. We will be bringing washer sheets instead. We always bring our own detergent as I'm allergic to most products. They almost all have "fragrance" and not only stink but make me itch and break out. Non-scented detergents seem to be much less toxic to me. (We're bringing sheets that my wife tried out last year to see if they worked well and didn't cause me issues. As they got the clothes clean and I never noticed the change we are happy with the product and it's less hassle than bringing pods anyway.)

1 hour ago, coo359a2 said:

Use the free elite laundry on   things that aren't messed up by high heat and hot water.  Two day turn around on getting laundry back is not bad.  Been on ships with large numbers of elites and have been notified that it might be 3 or 4 days turn around due to the large numbers of elites o board. Wash the other clothes we take the same way I do at home so use the laundry room.

My clothes are pretty simple but i am a single guy that doesn't do "fancy"....

1 hour ago, Ramblin Wreck Cruiser said:

We were on the Grand last summer to Alaska. There were free tokens in the laundry room for our use. I don’t know if that will be the case going forward though.

Hope so. Will find out the end of September. We always use the self laundry option and will definitely need it on a 63 day sailing. (We were less than impressed when we used the Elite laundry option.)

😄Not a guy and not really fancy - just shorts/pants and tee shirts.  Do have a few hand washing if necessary.  DH and I just wouldn't look to swift if we had to wear tee shirts that were 6 inches to wide and 6 inches to short or had little pin holes.  I'm one of the few who have got back clothes not quite the same as when I sent them out.  

1 hour ago, coo359a2 said:

😄Not a guy and not really fancy - just shorts/pants and tee shirts.  Do have a few hand washing if necessary.  DH and I just wouldn't look to swift if we had to wear tee shirts that were 6 inches to wide and 6 inches to short or had little pin holes.  I'm one of the few who have got back clothes not quite the same as when I sent them out.  

My wife got back a very tiny pair of skinny jeans. (The label even said "skinny".) It took days to get the proper clothing back.