Questions about the classic drink package and specialty dining

hrmkr

I am looking at booking a cruise on the Equinox and doing some research.  

I called Celebrity asking a question about what types of drinks that are included with the classic beverage package.  The representative I spoke to said that it only covers the basic drinks (rum and coke, gin and tonic, etc). I asked about a margarita or daquiris and he said that you may have to pay more if it is over the $10 price point.  Can someone please clarify that for me? Are you truly limited to simple drinks being included?  I understand if I want a higher brand of liquor that you would pay a little more. 

For the specialty dining packages, I asked if it entitles you to only 1 appetizer, 1 entree and 1 dessert or if you want 2 different appetizers and desserts it is included. He said that when purchasing the dining packages, it gets you entry into the specialty restaurant and you can order one of everything and there is no additional charge. We have sailed on Royal before and typically it it 1 entree and multiple appetizers and desserts.

Thank you for the help.

16 minutes ago, hrmkr said:

I called Celebrity asking a question about what types of drinks that are included with the classic beverage package.  The representative I spoke to said that it only covers the basic drinks (rum and coke, gin and tonic, etc). I asked about a margarita or daquiris and he said that you may have to pay more if it is over the $10 price point.  Can someone please clarify that for me? Are you truly limited to simple drinks being included?  I understand if I want a higher brand of liquor that you would pay a little more. 

For the specialty dining packages, I asked if it entitles you to only 1 appetizer, 1 entree and 1 dessert or if you want 2 different appetizers and desserts it is included. He said that when purchasing the dining packages, it gets you entry into the specialty restaurant and you can order one of everything and there is no additional charge. We have sailed on Royal before and typically it it 1 entree and multiple appetizers and desserts.

Thank you for the help.

Just looked at the menu for my upcoming trip (Millenium) and a daiquiri was 10$ so it would be covered. If for example a drink is $11 you would then be charged $1.20 which is the difference and it’s gratuity.

Depending on the price you can get to upgrade to the premium package, is it worth the extra price?

How much is a grey goose (premium liquor) and cranberry?  If there are mixed drinks with multiple liquors in it, are those usually priced higher than $10? 

1 hour ago, hrmkr said:

Thank you for the help.

Just let the bartender know you want to stay within the Classic Package.  Will accommodate.

As for Specialty Dining, you can order more than one appetizer and dessert.  There is alot of food and we usually order only one from each category.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hrmkr said:

Depending on the price you can get to upgrade to the premium package, is it worth the extra price?

How much is a grey goose (premium liquor) and cranberry?  If there are mixed drinks with multiple liquors in it, are those usually priced higher than $10? 

I pretty sure you can just log into the app and find a ship and sailing and look at the bar menus. Obviously not everything is listed but it will give you an idea. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Kelownadon said:

Somebody should ask the bartender what are the large number of cocktails included. See below.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/beverage-flyer-03_24_23_OB_SP.pdf

Your link only shows what is included in each of the 2 beverage packages.  It does not tell you how much actual mixed drinks are?

5 minutes ago, hrmkr said:

Your link only shows what is included in each of the 2 beverage packages.  It does not tell you how much actual mixed drinks are?

At the top of the Classic column it states that drinks are included up to $10. Further below it states that there is a “large” selection of cocktails available made with the spirits available within the Classic package. If Celebrity says there are a large collection of cocktails for $10 then what are they? There must be some kind of list somewhere that shows what cocktails are included. I know I used to get Pina Coladas and Chi Chi’s all the time. Made with Classic spirits though. 

13 minutes ago, Kelownadon said:

At the top of the Classic column it states that drinks are included up to $10. Further below it states that there is a “large” selection of cocktails available made with the spirits available within the Classic package. If Celebrity says there are a large collection of cocktails for $10 then what are they? There must be some kind of list somewhere that shows what cocktails are included. I know I used to get Pina Coladas and Chi Chi’s all the time. Made with Classic spirits though. 

Exactly.  What is the list? I guess they can make most drinks from liquors in the classic package.  

• Thanks 1

I Am beginning to think that those who are "requesting" a drink list and those who have done 'some' research do not drink very much or often or differently.... especially on Celebrity cruises.

The reason I say this is, most of us know and understand that there are so many different drinks that can be made AND that X has a list at many bars of a few of these drinks that are available.

Hopefully the bartenders either ask or swipe your seapass first to determine which package you have and uses the appropriate liquor, unless we ask for a specific liquor not on our package and hopefully the bartender will advise of the upcharge...

Are there a few really 'premium' mixed drinks available? Sure thing and those who are asking for the list will not get to see that list, for the most part as they are mixed at only a few select bars and those in the know know where to go to get them... so do not worry about that level.

I recommend, if there are some unknown 'special' drinks anyone wants, research by doing an internet search on various mixed or frozen drinks on the types or styles we like...

Also, there was a recent thread about 'mixed' drinks and a list was uploaded of many different drinks by type of alcohol that one can consider.

Through an internet search one can 'possibly' find a few recent drink menus showing mixed drinks available at that time and possibly now.

The one place where it may not be possible to get something on the Classic Package is at the Martini Bar...

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

The one place where it may not be possible to get something on the Classic Package is at the Martini Bar...

... and the World Class Bar...

Agree with everything else though, the bartenders are usually very good at getting you what you want within the package you have if it is possible.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, 39august said:

Didn't the Classic package limit recently get changed to $10?  And didn't most drink prices go up? 

Yes, and the price of most drinks went up more than the $1 limit on the classic DP. I was surprised how much the prices increased on our June Equinox cruise. The Martini bar also had big increases higher than the $17 Premium DP limit for several martinis.

On 8/9/2023 at 3:37 PM, hrmkr said:

For the specialty dining packages, I asked if it entitles you to only 1 appetizer, 1 entree and 1 dessert or if you want 2 different appetizers and desserts it is included.

We have never been told no when ordering two apps or two entrees in a Specialty restaurant on Celebrity. When we do this with entree's, we normally share the third entree between us.

On 8/10/2023 at 1:11 PM, Kelownadon said:

Pina Coladas have always been covered for me. Are you sure you are not asking for a premium liquor brand not covered by the classic package?

I noticed there’s a $12 pina colada on the menu at the sunset bar, which obviously wouldn’t be covered. The pina coladas I always got were made the same way as daiquiris with the frozen drink mix and I’d be surprised if those aren’t still under the limit. Seems like many things might really depend where/who you ask. 

On 8/9/2023 at 7:31 PM, jelayne said:

Margaritas, daiquiris, pina coladas, martinis  ( not at the martini bar,  mimosas, and anything that can be made by the alcohols on the Classic package are covered

You would think so.  Campari, gin and vermouth are on the classic package.  A Negroni made with all three is not.   Why?   When I asked the beverage manager the answer is that is is a “craft cocktail .”  I was tempted to order a shot of each but my DH said just pay the difference.  

• Like 1