The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday August 11th, 2023

richwmn

Busy day. Cleaned garage. Washed car. Cleaning lady came. Market. Carpet cleaner did a great job on the 3 bedrooms. 

Its normally not happy hour at 2:30, but it is today.

Caprese salad, pork rib eyes and fresh green beans and baby red potatoes for dinner.

@smitty34877 praying for Lou.

image.png.d132564f1a296c6ba2d39ade6117d1a9.png

image.png.61a753aabd9a7200eee6eff6db4f5605.png

image.png.5d43ff33a0066b7ba9fdc94cc6f02cef.png

Have a great weekend. Know you are loved. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 8

21 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

IMG_3175.thumb.jpeg.38e439f4ea9666185c0e0195ea3ad2e5.jpeg

Great photo 🙂. Thanks so much for sharing it 👍 

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

We spent much of yesterday in the Er with DS but what they thought was a break was a very bad sprain.   Hoping he can heal quickly as he needs to travel early next week.  So grateful for the Good Samaritan who stayed with him and provided drinks.   

Thank heavens it is a sprain and not a break.  Some bad sprains are as bad as a break pain wise.  I hope he can heal quickly too 🙏. God bless Good Samaritans on this earth.  It’s so nice to know we still have some out there 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Back from PT. Today was hard, as both my knees and back were painful. But I got through it, with a few modifications.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for the photos from Djupivogur. And the picture with Debbie and Sue!

@smitty34877 Thank you for taking the time to update us. Continued prayers for Lou.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Impressive getting that coil in. When I worked on my car years ago with my friend the former auto mechanic, we did oil changes, but I don't think it's worth doing yourself anymore.

@USN59-79 I think most of us iPhone users have done that. There is a slider and I didn't think it called unless you move the slider, although if you keep holding the buttons a countdown starts and an alert sounds. If you release the buttons after the countdown it automatically calls emergency services. There is a way in the settings to turn it off, but that defeats the purpose.

@dfish Great scenery from Iceland!

@bennybear I hope DS feels better soon, although sprains can be nasty. Bless the Good Samaritan who helped him.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 3

40 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Debbie @dfish those are cool photos from your excursion today. So many different things to do and see in Iceland. 

I’ve checked and I don’t think I posted a photo taken at our CC meet and greet on July 31.  I’ll include it here. Last night Debbie and Sue came into Ocean Bar right after we did and we had time for a drink and chat before our dinner plans. We’re all keeping busy here but it was fun to catch up!  

Lovely photo.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all! @smitty34877 sending hugs and prayers that the transfusion does the trick!   So sorry you are going through this! 

@Quartzsite Cruiser I am in awe!  

thanks to Sandi and Debbie for the interesting photos! 

We spent much of yesterday in the Er with DS but what they thought was a break was a very bad sprain.   Hoping he can heal quickly as he needs to travel early next week.  So grateful for the Good Samaritan who stayed with him and provided drinks.   

sending this for Lou! 

eZy Watermark_05-08-2023_01-36-12-0580PM.jpeg

Brenda, I hope your DS heals enough so he can travel next week.

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Debbie @dfish those are cool photos from your excursion today. So many different things to do and see in Iceland. 

I’ve checked and I don’t think I posted a photo taken at our CC meet and greet on July 31.  I’ll include it here. Last night Debbie and Sue came into Ocean Bar right after we did and we had time for a drink and chat before our dinner plans. We’re all keeping busy here but it was fun to catch up!  

Great picture of the three of you.

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Wow-I have a lot to catch up on since I left home on Wednesday. Heading to a convention in Grand Rapids, Michigan but first, 3 friends and I left a few days early to visit Mackinac Island. We've heard about it for years and finally made it. It was a long day, pleasantly cool and just a few sprinkles of rain. Tomorrow, we drive to Grand Rapids with a few quilt shop stops on the way. 😊 Have a great weekend everyone.

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Wow-I have a lot to catch up on since I left home on Wednesday. Heading to a convention in Grand Rapids, Michigan but first, 3 friends and I left a few days early to visit Mackinac Island. We've heard about it for years and finally made it. It was a long day, pleasantly cool and just a few sprinkles of rain. Tomorrow, we drive to Grand Rapids with a few quilt shop stops on the way. 😊 Have a great weekend everyone.

Once I actually drove out of my way to an assignment in the NE to go over Mackinaw Bridge.  (I love bridges).  It is a cool place!!  Enjoy!!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

image.png.5d43ff33a0066b7ba9fdc94cc6f02cef.png

First off, you accomplished a LOT today!  👏

I shared this with my favorite old EMS colleagues in NM…. “I’m in! When are we heading to the beach!” They loved it! We can have a really warped, dark humor 😎 

Edited by RMLincoln
Can’t get text outside the quote box
  • Like 7
  • Haha 5