Just got an email outlining the "NEW" offerings

canadarocks

7 hours ago, suzyed said:

For now....
But you will get two mini-bars on cruises booked separately as B2B.

You will get a mini bar per segment regardless of how you booked them. The room service department doesn’t know how you booked only that your cabin is due for a mini bar

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ldtr said:

All of the mass market lines are getting more and more of their revenue from on board sales.  It was around 25% prior to the shutdown, now it is around 35% and increasing. 

Since all of the packages such as Plus and Premier count as onboard revenue, it is no surpise that onboard revenue is increasing.

Onboard revenue increases the more that these packages are sold and also goes up each time Princess raises a package price.

In addition, passengers who have a package realize that their end-of-cruise account will not be high and tend to spend more on other items on board that are not a pack of their package.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

You will get a mini bar per segment regardless of how you booked them. The room service department doesn’t know how you booked only that your cabin is due for a mini bar

Hope you're right....we didn't on the Coral in S. America but that was a whole situation!

5 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

One shareholder OBC would be more beneficial.  You'd get 250 for 14 days, but only 200 if booked separately (100 x each 7 day leg)

And a booking customer might be able to make that $50 "loss" up in other ways.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, caribill said:

In addition, passengers who have a package realize that their end-of-cruise account will not be high and tend to spend more on other items on board that are not a pack of their package.

That's true for some folks, especially those that just look at the minimum amount to be paid on their credit card bill each month. 

Sad, but Princess probably loves those kind of cruisers.

4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

That's true for some folks, especially those that just look at the minimum amount to be paid on their credit card bill each month. 

Not sad, maybe makes for a happy cruise experience for them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

All the cruise lines love that kind.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

It's a "live for today" attitude. 

You have to live for today you never know what will happen tomorrow. That being said I always pay all or almost all of my one credit card every month

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A screenshot from the brochure, clearly showing that Alfredo's is informal dining and no mention of an additional charge or limited in any way. Room service is also shown, again no mention of any charge for that. Plus a copy of email received today from Princess trying to convince me that they can change the package. My argument is that the elements they have changed were never any part of the package until they decided to make it so, after I'd booked and paid in full.

Screenshot_20230820-185609.thumb.png.1ea6148d4b304e3689057d2191be1fa5.png

Screenshot 2023-08-20 161033.png

3 hours ago, rosevew said:

Plus a copy of email received today from Princess trying to convince me that they can change the package. My argument is that the elements they have changed were never any part of the package until they decided to make it so, after I'd booked and paid in full.

Screenshot 2023-08-20 161033.png

So a charge of $59.96 for a family of four to eat at Alfredos/Gigis is "nominal."

I think they will achieve their goal of eliminating long lines at Alfredos/Gigis.

I am not sure how they can increase the capacity at Slice as the lines there can also be long and there is not enough physical space to increase the size of the Slice venue.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, caribill said:

I am not sure how they can increase the capacity at Slice as the lines there can also be long and there is not enough physical space to increase the size of the Slice venue.

Personally, I'm not so concerned about Slice.  It's not a sit down venue with a finite amount of tables.  The pizzas come out continually if the cooks see that there is a line and it's grab and go like the buffet.  The cooks don't like to bake a lot of pizzas at one time because if they get cold and/or if they sit out for too long (food safety protocol), they have to be thrown out. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, caribill said:

So a charge of $59.96 for a family of four to eat at Alfredos/Gigis is "nominal."

I think they will achieve their goal of eliminating long lines at Alfredos/Gigis.

The only time I have seen lines at slice is when they were waiting for a specific type pizza to finish cooking.  Considering the oven capacity they could cook considerable more pizzas than they normally  do.  Does not take much time to slide a slice or two onto a plate.

5 hours ago, caribill said:

The capacity at Slice is only limited by the seating capacity on the entire Lido deck.  

• Haha 2

Still no email until we boarded when we received the condescending upgrade letter.

As expected, many people are complaining at GS and sending official notifications via the front staff to the powers that be, as they were unaware of the changes until they boarded. Feel really sorry for the staff who were unable to say exactly how they felt about the awful predicament they have been left in. They knew it was coming but were obviously having to deal with the fallout - Princess could have made things so much easier for those frontline staff if they’d have even notified pax what would be happening - shameful!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, villauk said:

Still no email until we boarded when we received the condescending upgrade letter.

As expected, many people are complaining at GS and sending official notifications via the front staff to the powers that be, as they were unaware of the changes until they boarded. Feel really sorry for the staff who were unable to say exactly how they felt about the awful predicament they have been left in. They knew it was coming but were obviously having to deal with the fallout - Princess could have made things so much easier for those frontline staff if they’d have even notified pax what would be happening - shameful!

As expected - and what are people being told? Are they being recompensed in any way?

• Like 1

Just now, rosevew said:

As expected - and what are people being told? Are they being recompensed in any way?

No, corporate have told them that they are not allowed to apparently. You can see (& hear) that they totally understand why pax are upset.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, villauk said:

No, corporate have told them that they are not allowed to apparently. You can see (& hear) that they totally understand why pax are upset.

So unfair on the crew. I wonder how long they will feel the need for letters in the cabins.

8 minutes ago, villauk said:

Pretty poor form on Princess' behalf to subject their staff to being the fall guys for their lack of communication and bad decisions.

• Like 5

Grandfathering Plus and Premiere purchasers into the current program would save enormous amounts of angst, frustration, and stress. It would allow Guest Services folks onboard to do the jobs they are meant to do. It would allow passengers who need GS to get through the queues in a reasonable amount of time, rather than having to wait for all the folks dealing with Plus and Premiere issues. 

It would earn Princess a tremedous amount of Goodwill. In the long run, that may be worth thousands or tens of thousands of dollars more from returning passengers than the $10 or $20 a day in the short run, and alienating those passengers from returning. 

Edited by MamaFej
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, MamaFej said:

Grandfathering Plus and Premiere purchasers into the current program would save enormous amounts of angst, frustration, and stress. It would allow Guest Services folks onboard to do the jobs they are meant to do. It would allow passengers who need GS to get through the queues in a reasonable amount of time, rather than having to wait for all the folks dealing with Plus and Premiere issues. 

It would earn Princess a tremedous amount of Goodwill. In the long run, that may be worth thousands or tens of thousands of dollars more from returning passengers than the $10 or $20 a day in the short run, and alienating those passengers from returning. 

In that case those that paid $60 for plus should get money back. They are now paying more than others not fair. That would be a new line guest services 

33 minutes ago, memoak said:

In that case those that paid $60 for plus should get money back. They are now paying more than others not fair. That would be a new line guest services 

I appreciate your position. I'm going to respectfully disagree. Those who paid $60 agreed to pay $60 when the price was $60. Those who paid less paid the agreed upon price, then what they paid for was devalued. 

Those who book the package now or in the future would agree to the current price. Princess would do well to give those who previously agreed to a price what they paid for. 

The issue isn't with changing prices. It's with taking away what was previously agreed to. 

By your logic, anyone who paid more for a cabin than someone who bookied at a different price would be entitled to money back. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

I appreciate your position. I'm going to respectfully disagree. Those who paid $60 agreed to pay $60 when the price was $60. Those who paid less paid the agreed upon price, then what they paid for was devalued. 

Those who book the package now or in the future would agree to the current price. Princess would do well to give those who previously agreed to a price what they paid for. 

The issue isn't with changing prices. It's with taking away what was previously agreed to. 

By your logic, anyone who paid more for a cabin than someone who bookied at a different price would be entitled to money back. 

My comment was made in jest. I just can’t believe all the outrage. Of course I don’t see all the cancellations and open cabins. So most people just want to vent and maybe yell at Princess employees 

• Haha 1