Would you PAY for towel animals?

Would you PAY for towel animals?  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay for towel animals?

• Yes - I enjoy them and would pay
    • No - This is not something the cruise line should charge for
    • Maybe - I would consider on a case by case basis

The pizza thread got me thinking of other things Royal could or might plan to charge for in the future; would you pay a fee for getting towel animals throughout your cruise?  Let's face it, they are MASSIVELY wasteful  - Need extra towels, more laundry (one of the biggest consumers of energy on the ship), laundry staff/labor, more work for stateroom attendants each day if everyone wants them. I personally don't care if we get them or not and would never, under any circumstance, pay for one. But I do see where some people will pay for absolutely any/everything. Curious where YOU fall in this; Yes, No, Maybe? 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Homebody said:

Please don't give them any ideas

My first thought too.  I fear some cruise lines are going to go to a floating hotel model.  The cruise fare only includes your cabin but everything else is ala carte.

24 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Let's face it, they are MASSIVELY wasteful  - Need extra towels, more laundry (one of the biggest consumers of energy on the ship)

That's a stretch. I'm pretty sure the engines to propel the ship require more energy than towel animals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, ramja96 said:

That's a stretch. I'm pretty sure the engines to propel the ship require more energy than towel animals.

The Laundry uses massive amounts of energy; I know you purposely ignored a clear point to make a comment, but come on 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LMaxwell said:

The Laundry uses massive amounts of energy; I know you purposely ignored a clear point to make a comment, but come on 

Never let it be said I let an opportunity for a joke slip through my fingers. 😝

• Haha 2

I am purchasing the UTAP on my next cruise (Unlimited Towel Animal Package). Waiting on the prices, but I may opt for the UTPP and the UEUP packages as well (Unlimited Toilet Paper Package and Unlimited Elevator Use Package).

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

I find them somewhat annoying and would really prefer they not bother. They usually just fall apart when you have to move them off the bed anyway. 

Maybe if they want to save time, they could have the stewards stop making them and spend that time servicing our cabins twice a day like they used to. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

NO, I'd never pay for the towel animals.  However, I like them for two reasons.  1.  It does add a little extra touch to the cruise experience and it is always kind of something that we look forward to for the surprise of the unknown, what animal they will make that night.  2.  As stated many times, I may shower 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 times a day and I like having a fresh towel after each shower, If I run out of towels, I know where there are extras, LOL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cayman1 said:

I am purchasing the UTAP on my next cruise (Unlimited Towel Animal Package). Waiting on the prices, but I may opt for the UTPP and the UEUP packages as well (Unlimited Toilet Paper Package and Unlimited Elevator Use Package).

I may be wrong, but, I think the UTPP allows you to block it up to 3 times without a $100 fine? 🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Jetdriver787 said:

I may be wrong, but, I think the UTPP allows you to block it up to 3 times without a $100 fine? 🤷‍♂️

Exactly... but wait for the Black Friday sale on this one. 😂

• Haha 2