For all questions regarding Explora

frogfish12

49 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

Doesn’t the Wellness Center have lockers, showers and changing areas?  I have never understood the behavior of going around the ship in a bathrobe. Even reasonable coverup/shorts can be worn for going to pool areas.

Whilst I agree, some people need help or more space to change so they might return to their room to do that. I shred a cover up/shorts failing that the robe but please not your bikini or budgie smugglers (seen both on premium lines)

17 minutes ago, uktog said:

Whilst I agree, some people need help or more space to change so they might return to their room to do that. I shred a cover up/shorts failing that the robe but please not your bikini or budgie smugglers (seen both on premium lines)

Never seen people in bikini round the ship, other than for older kids, early teens. Generally a big t-shirt, but that was before the pandemic... Things are going downward informal these days. Regular pool area dress code is becoming dinner one, and for regular pool time, they're creating something else!...

1 hour ago, uktog said:

budgie smugglers 

OK - I had to look that up!

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

The dress recently on Regent was country club casual - I honestly didn't raise my eyebrows once!

The Haven was another story ......a large minority looked like that had just walked away from cleaning the cow stalls. There was one guy in particular who was always wearing a bandana headband who looked like a dissolute Willie Nelson (I know that's an oxymoron, but still....)

I don't want to open the entire dress code "thing" but I commented on how it takes the same amount of  time to throw on a polo shirt and khakis as it does for cargo shorts and a t-shirt.

Edited by Dr. Cocktail
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, TER777 said:

Room service does 24 hour burgers. (Note, it is 1am now, I AM NOT going to test the service at this time.)

Is it a good time to test whether they would deliver a double espresso?  🤣

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

OK - I had to look that up!

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

The dress recently on Regent was country club casual - I honestly didn't raise my eyebrows once!

The Haven was another story ......a large minority looked like that had just walked away from cleaning the cow stalls. There was one guy in particular who was always wearing a bandana headband who looked like a dissolute Willie Nelson (I know that's an oxymoron, but still....)

I don't want to open the entire dress code "thing" but I commented on how it takes the same amount of  time to throw on a polo shirt and khakis as it does for cargo shorts and a t-shirt.

I think some people go for a certain look.

It's not always the look that fits in anywhere.😁

• Haha 1

Today the tour was due to return 2:15pm. By time made it through the terminal, shuttle bus to the ship it was 2:30pm. All the lunch venues closed at 2pm. Only options were room service or Crema Cafe which had 3 types small sandwiches and a long line. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TER777 said:

Today the tour was due to return 2:15pm. By time made it through the terminal, shuttle bus to the ship it was 2:30pm. All the lunch venues closed at 2pm. Only options were room service or Crema Cafe which had 3 types small sandwiches and a long line. 

Right hand doesn't talk with the left hand?

1 hour ago, TER777 said:

Best to read stuff like this land side from a comfortable bed.   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TER777 said:

All the more reason for a pool grill that other lines have.  Really a significant minus in my book.

On the subject of room service -- are you stuck during the dinner hour with the room service menu.  Can you order from other food venues??

20 hours ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

They are definitely not members of the Manure Pickers Union like, I am.  We have a dress code when shoveling our stalls.  No shorts or flip flops and only designer jeans are allowed.

Edited by PaulMCO

1 hour ago, TER777 said:

Even on mainstream MSC they have the buffet always open with at least some pizzas and some leftover desserts from lunch. They'll need to correct that as times go. At that market level such a thing like that would be unacceptable.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, TER777 said:

We were also returning from a tour at the same time. We were shocked that this was the only option for lunch, particularly as Seabourn/Regent/Silversea often keep the buffet option open later in situations such as this and the pool grill facility always open until around 4pm. I caught the attention of the General Manager who quite frankly was dismissive of the issue and showed no concern regarding their failings, merely saying that they will be looking into it !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Bongomeme said:

@ter777 sorry you missed lunch! Was the tour an explora one or a private tour?  What is your experience/opinion with Explora tours?

Was an Explora tour. I did two tours. Both were fine but nothing out of the ordinary. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, TER777 said:

4 hours ago, machotspur said:

We were also returning from a tour at the same time. We were shocked that this was the only option for lunch, particularly as Seabourn/Regent/Silversea often keep the buffet option open later in situations such as this and the pool grill facility always open until around 4pm. I caught the attention of the General Manager who quite frankly was dismissive of the issue and showed no concern regarding their failings, merely saying that they will be looking into it !

This is a pretty big fail this is also surprising that it appears to have been unanticipated.

It will take a few weeks of people directly complaining to management and inundating room service until this changes.  Unfortunately, perhaps longer if they require permission from Geneva to change something on the go as is MSC's wont.

It's not rocket science - keep the burger and pizza portion of the  Emporium Marketplace open until 4!

Edited by Dr. Cocktail
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

This is a pretty big fail this is also surprising that it appears to have been unanticipated.

It will take a few weeks of people directly complaining to management and inundating room service until this changes.  Unfortunately, perhaps longer if they require permission from Geneva to change something on the go as is MSC's wont.

It's not rocket science - keep the burger and pizza portion of the  Emporium Marketplace open until 4!

This exactly, and they know to do it... From their mainstream MSC!!!...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, machotspur said:

particularly as Seabourn/Regent/Silversea often keep the buffet option open later in situations such as this and the pool grill facility always open until around 4pm

Not only those lines, but also MSC Yacht Club Directors and Maitre 'Ds are most considerate as well in extending and opening venues in these situations. It appears that MSC has done itself a disservice by not hiring upper management from Yacht Clubs  instead of 'stuffed shirts' from around the world.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, machotspur said:

I caught the attention of the General Manager who quite frankly was dismissive of the issue and showed no concern regarding their failings, merely saying that they will be looking into it !

Is this the same Heike Berdos (ex Azamara) that was raved about in prior threads?  I think someone called her the ultimate onboard Hotel professional.

9 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Is this the same Heike Berdos (ex Azamara) that was raved about in prior threads?  I think someone called her the ultimate onboard Hotel professional.

I very much doubt it. I believe she is currently on her leave from the ship .

Having sailed many times on Azamara when Heike was Hotel Director then yes I concur she is the ultimate Hotel professional 

7 minutes ago, gymfreak said:

I very much doubt it. I believe she is currently on her leave from the ship .

Having sailed many times on Azamara when Heike was Hotel Director then yes I concur she is the ultimate Hotel professional 

Heike Berdos, General Manager, EXPLORA I.
Formerly Hotel Director with Azamara Cruises where she spent 15 years as part of the starter team to launch the new brand. Prior to this, Heike worked for MSC Cruises as Shore Excursions Manager and held various guest service positions with Celebrity Cruises over 23 years culminating to her appointment as Hotel Director. Heike was born in Germany and raised in Algeria, Canada and Germany.

Heike-Berdos_Explora-Journeys-1132x560-1