Cookies now cost $2 plus 20%

vkb2751

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

The guest lecturer's that show up on cruises and do seminars on things like Whales actually get a free cruise in exchange for their onboard services, but it's not in a suite, so I would have to pass.

Occasional, presenters will announce they’re leaving the ship at the next port.  While it could be personal, I wonder if X is kicking them off?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Occasional, presenters will announce they’re leaving the ship at the next port.  While it could be personal, I wonder if X is kicking them off?

Lecturers only work on sea days so if there none coming up they may well leave and move to another ship or simply go home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Yes, there was a picture of Al Bacio showing a much reduced display case of pastries and no cookie jars on top. 

370178068_830305502073790_2555351396848697216_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg_p960x960&_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=-Xm8TAVuCt0AX8i8XqK&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc3-1.fna&oh=00_AfBhgKFoN4FlPmL6qeBabjhxPqLfkAzYHNU6ys9aXIH7FA&oe=64ECDADB

So as someone who is not gluten free by choice, eating gluten causes a lot of issues for me, this is disappointing to see only one GF option. On the Edge in February there were multiple along with the coconut macaroons. Perhaps like I was told on a social site that can't be mentioned maybe food allergy people shouldn't sail anymore.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ocdublin said:

https://www.cruisehive.com/new-charge-spotted-for-cookies-on-celebrity-cruises-ship/109334

Cruise Hive has article regarding Celebrity cookie charge!  It is for real.

Very interesting article and this should end speculation that this is merely a rumor.  It also brings up if this goes fleetwide what other formerly free things will soon be an extra charge. I can see Celebrity not stopping at the cookies at Cafe Al Bacio but making all of the sweet treats an extra charge.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Very interesting article and this should end speculation that this is merely a rumor.  It also brings up if this goes fleetwide what other formerly free things will soon be an extra charge. I can see Celebrity not stopping at the cookies at Cafe Al Bacio but making all of the sweet treats an extra charge.

This is becoming too much.  I’ll be sailing truly inclusive lines from now on.  Higher base fares on those, but I really despise the nickel and dime approach Celebrity is increasingly taking. That plus the nasty little change they made regarding butlers in Sky Suites have really just sent me right around the bend. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Robert de Beaumont said:

This is becoming too much.  I’ll be sailing truly inclusive lines from now on.  Higher base fares on those, but I really despise the nickel and dime approach Celebrity is increasingly taking. That plus the nasty little change they made regarding butlers in Sky Suites have really just sent me right around the bend. 

You are not the first to think this way, we are most likely done with X after our 2 January cruises on the Edge.  A lot depends on how the butler team handles themselves on our Apex cruise next month.

• Like 4

FWIW: I received this in response to an email expressing some concern. 

“Thank you so much for your email. We are piloting offering a hot chocolate chip cookie right out of the oven for our guests for a small fee. All other treats that have been offered complimentary are still being offered. Absolutely nothing has changed in that regard. This is an additional offering for those guests that may really want it.”

My reaction: 🙄

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Boytjie said:

That’s some sad reporting. 

Indeed. "May be" "might be" "speculate..." That's not anything close to resembling actual reporting. 

Someone basically summarized this thread (and what Hubby says is on Facebook) and is getting paid for each view. I'm guilty of contributing.

Oh, well, the author can probably afford a more than a few cookies on their next cruise. 

11 minutes ago, Robert de Beaumont said:

“Thank you so much for your email. We are piloting offering a hot chocolate chip cookie right out of the oven for our guests for a small fee. All other treats that have been offered complimentary are still being offered. Absolutely nothing has changed in that regard. This is an additional offering for those guests that may really want it.”

Are they still hot chocolate cookies after they sit out for an hour? Do they throw them out? or "One moment Sir, while I put your cookie in the microwave to make it hot and fresh"

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Robert de Beaumont said:

Could it not mean those wanting them made to order pay, want one made earlier free?

2 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Or Luxury A La Carte!!

maybe they gave the cookie cuttter job to a demoted Butler.. 

We have 2 more X booked..and one more on Connie in thought process   but just  I saw ad for a  new all.inclusive in CANCUN that looks very appealing!  Butler Service !

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hcat said:

maybe they gave the cookie cuttter job to a demoted Butler.. 

We have 2 more X booked..and one more on Connie in thought process   but just  I saw ad for a  new all.inclusive in CANCUN that looks very appealing!  Butler Service !

After our Apex cruise next month we are flying to Santorini for 5 nights. We are staying in a boutique Suites only hotel for about $400 per night ($200pp) that includes a made to order breakfast delivered to our balcony by a Butler. It also includes afternoon wine and cheese plate, delivered to our suite by the same butler. Each suite includes a private splash pool/hot tub on our huge private balcony. The suite itself is about 800 sq feet in size with an included no cost mini bar. No other meals but at the price it is a bargain compared to our Sky Suite.

Edited by terrydtx

2 minutes ago, RichYak said:

It's Facebook. I don't know why people think we can't mention Facebook here.

Exactly! It doesn't seem to matter how many times the hosts tell us it's okay to mention Facebook, we just can't promote their groups, people will continue to claim that we can't. 

• Like 2

News release from Celebrity: 

"We have noted the overwhelming response by our veteran passengers to a varriety of small fees and changes to certain amenities. This level of enthusiasm demonstrates our passengers' unqualified support for our revenue raising efforts designed to enhance our reknowned quality.

"To thank our passengers, we will soon (at an undisclosed time with no notice) begin adding a percentage-based surcharge to all payments made when passengers complete Final Payment.  We believe the anticipation of this surcharge, to be called "Special - Charge - Randomly -  Enhancing- Wonderfulness," will eliminate the boredom in waiting 90 more days with nothing to get excited about until embarking. To make it even more fun, the amounts to be charged, and the passengers paying it, will be completely random. (We do suggest pax using credit cards ensure a safe cushion in their  credit lines.)"

"We are so excited about S-C-R-E-W!"

Edited by mayleeman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, macaroni said:

Terrydtx- what is the name of the hotel in Santorini? We are planning a return visit soon.

‘thanks!

Asha Suites Luxury Hotel, we stayed with them last year, which is why we are returning. They only have 7 suites and they sell out fast.

Edited by terrydtx

45 minutes ago, Robert de Beaumont said:

Where is the oven this cookie just came out of?  There is no oven, microwave or warming drawer at either the Gelateria area or Cafe al Bacio.

15 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Asha Suites Luxury Hotel, we stayed with them last year, which is why we are returning. They only have 7 suites and they sell out fast.

I am so glad I only stay there in suites. Wouldn’t book anything else there 

Edited by C4HCG